Music

WATCH Hot Gay Guys Dance To 'Call Me Maybe:' VIDEO

CallMe2

I'll deny ever writing this: I like Carly Rae Jepsen's single "Call Me Maybe." I tried to resist, but constant repetition, the catchy tune and President Obama's rendition of the track all changed my mind. The video's gay ending didn't hurt, either.

While my reluctant support for the song can be described, at best, as "warm," the gents in this video are definitely hot and heavy for Jepsen's anthem, and show of their hot bodies to prove it.

Watch the guys — and some of their gal pals — get wet and wild AFTER THE JUMP. It is, after all, Wednesday. We all deserve a little break.

Comments

1. LOADS OF FUN.

Posted by: Ken | Jun 27, 2012 12:39:22 PM

2. My video player must be broken, cause it didn't show even one hot guy...

Posted by: Anthony | Jun 27, 2012 12:48:57 PM

3. "Drunk guys having fun lip-syncing to this year's awful teen anthem. God bless 'em."

I agree with Mike. Fun to watch, and fun to think back to some of the "things" that I did forty years ago, that fortunately were not caught on camera.

Ten years from now, these guys are going to be so embarrassed, 'cause nothing ever dies on the internet... but it's just so cute.

(Spain? Think about it! Maybe one of them took lessons and has some idea of the lyrics and a rudimentary knowledge of the language.)

Posted by: JAMES in Toronto | Jun 27, 2012 1:34:44 PM

4. Awww..youth, where did thou go? Love the song, not tired of it and yes, that appears to be in Spain.

Posted by: John Simpson | Jun 27, 2012 2:07:15 PM

5. Looks like working on the body is out there and in LA. Seen a lot of stick thin arms lately. Guess it's too much time in front of the computer. I would marry a Marine if it came to that. I prefer beef.

Posted by: Peter | Jun 27, 2012 2:44:11 PM

6. if the song was so "terrible".. why is it so globally popular?

and the guys were indeed cute and sexy and hot. no.. they're not everyone's choice but they're someone's.

As for their bodies.. they look pretty fit to me.. "Beef" is not necessarily fit. "beef" is usually the product of overeating, steroids, and lifting insane and unnatural amounts of weight. My skinny muscular arms are often stronger than some of those beefier ones twice my size.

Go chop some wood

Posted by: NorthoftheBorder | Jun 27, 2012 2:52:53 PM

7. Some of the guys are cute (if you like slim goofy looking white guys) and they do seem to be having fun...

Posted by: jaragon | Jun 27, 2012 5:32:36 PM

8. Actually the guys are from Germany.

Posted by: chellelaro | Jun 27, 2012 5:49:30 PM

9. Maybe this would have been better with a Karen Carpenter song. I can't believe someone is going to defend skinny. By beef, I'm not talking bodybuilder, just don't go for anorexic. What an odd crop of queers you are.

Posted by: Peter | Jun 27, 2012 6:20:27 PM

10. Maybe this would have been better with a Karen Carpenter song. I can't believe someone is going to defend skinny. By beef, I'm not talking bodybuilder, just don't go for anorexic. What an odd crop of queers you are.

Posted by: Peter | Jun 27, 2012 6:20:28 PM

11. Despite hearing this song ad nauseum, until now I had never watched the video and I have to admit I laughed out loud at the ending. I now have a new appreciation for this bit of pop culture.

Posted by: PatricknChuck | Jun 27, 2012 6:51:56 PM

12. Imho, these boys have the perfect body build. It's refreshing to watch men who aren't obsessed with the tint of their skin or the size of their delts.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jun 27, 2012 6:52:48 PM

13. Thank you, Rodney. My sentiment exactly. It's refreshing to watch natural looking guys. The perfect body build in my opinion, too.

Posted by: Ken | Jun 27, 2012 7:36:02 PM

14. What's the flavour for 2012? Oh that's right... SOUR.... geez... some people...(cute clip btw)

Posted by: Perkin Warbeck | Jun 27, 2012 8:57:08 PM

15. Is it permitted here in Towleroad country to say the young women caught my eye? There wasn't one speedo in sight and they were hanging out with reasonably attractive gals. This must be the world of millennial gay men in their (eeek) board shorts. How the gay culture has changed. Sic transit gloria mundi.

Posted by: Contrarian | Jun 27, 2012 9:16:38 PM

16. It was fun to watch.

Posted by: andrew | Jun 27, 2012 9:43:39 PM

17. There's something reminiscent of super 8 home movies from the 60s and 70s in this, and the kids look like they are just having a fun time together. Really nice.

Posted by: Q | Jun 27, 2012 10:38:17 PM

18. It's not a lipdub. It's not even a lip sync. And there are many lipdubs from Spain where the participants know the words.

For example, www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ZqSyqORX4 .

Posted by: Jack | Jun 28, 2012 12:15:01 AM