Christian Bale | Colorado | News

Christian Bale Visits Colorado Shooting Victims

Bale

Batman helps the healing process...

Comments

1. So, the shooter was a Yankees fan? Or does the cap belong to Christian?

Posted by: DickG | Jul 24, 2012 7:44:38 PM

2. A classy thing to do.

Posted by: Jimcracky | Jul 24, 2012 7:52:48 PM

3. Ummm, @Dickg. I don't think that Red Sox or Yankees fans would appreciate you calling that hat a Yankees hat ;-) BoSox hat. That being said, I wish the hat wasn't there as He looks like he has a pretty rocking body.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 24, 2012 7:54:38 PM

4. Wow not a bad Robin for a hot Batman. I'm imagining the healing now.

Posted by: Markt | Jul 24, 2012 8:10:41 PM

5. cool

but this part from the article was more touching for me

"....Rottman also posted a photo of himself and a woman tagged Stephanie Rodriguez who Rottman calls "My hero."

"This is the amazing young woman who made a turnakit [sic] for my leg out of her belt after I was shot. Her bravery is simply inspiring. I cannot thank you enough for helping a stranger in need! You are a true guardian angel!" Rottman wrote...."

that made me choke up

Posted by: say what | Jul 24, 2012 8:11:13 PM

6. I'm sorry but I'm not feeling the Christian Bale love. He's made an awful lot of money by appearing in ultra-violent movies such as Batman. As an actor, Bale profits from the fetishistic violence that apparently triggered the maniac in Aurora.

Posted by: jason | Jul 24, 2012 8:19:31 PM

7. God Jason, do you ever get tired of that constant negative perspective of yours?

Posted by: cjt | Jul 24, 2012 8:29:00 PM

8. Isn't this the gentleman who was arrested for trying to beat up his own mother, and who was recorded verbally abusing his production crew?

Posted by: Mike C. | Jul 24, 2012 8:29:17 PM

9. "Wow not a bad Robin for a hot Batman. I'm imagining the healing now."

I wonder if massage therapy is part of "Robin's" healing process and whether he is accepting volunteers, even if he is a Red Sox fan.....I would even throw in a free massage of "Batman" as part of the "package"......

Posted by: Rick | Jul 24, 2012 8:40:23 PM

10. Nice move on his part. However, the article doesn't mention whether or not he yelled at the orderlies when they got in the way of the camera flashes.

Posted by: Drew | Jul 24, 2012 9:03:13 PM

11. @Mike, of course it's a Red Sox cap. The point being the intense rivalry between the two teams. The joke that a Yankees fan would shoot a Red Sox fan is of course, just that. An attempt of humor in a horrible situation. As for any actions in C. Bale's past, we are all complicated people capable of both kindness and cruelty.

Posted by: DickG | Jul 24, 2012 9:12:17 PM

12. I know it's not what I should be thinking, but that guy on the bed is super mega hot!

Posted by: Frederick Shuffrey | Jul 24, 2012 9:38:19 PM

13. @Frederick

Those were the first thought that came to my mind. And then I quickly forgave myself because he's really hot and awfully cute laying in bed there. God I'm horrible.

Posted by: Jason 2 | Jul 24, 2012 10:10:40 PM

14. Oh please any hot blooded gay man will think that the shooting victim is very attractive young man.

Posted by: jaragon | Jul 24, 2012 10:14:23 PM

15. Ok well, there's "attractive" and then there's an exuberant "WOOF! " followed by vigorous panting.

Posted by: Jason 2 | Jul 24, 2012 10:21:42 PM

16. That is SO COOL!

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | Jul 24, 2012 10:27:04 PM

17. I feel less ashamed that I am not the only one who thought the guy in bed was attractive.

I claim it as a coping mechanism.

Posted by: Blake | Jul 25, 2012 1:18:48 AM

18. Mike C - yes, he is the same man. And you're right, those actions are objectionable. But you know what? This doesn't. In fact, it's gracious, kind, and meant a great deal to many of those affected by this horror. And he did it of his own volition.
    In other words, save your preaching for a situation that warrants it, and accept that people CAN be complicated - and good deeds deserve acknowledgement, not ridiculousness.

Posted by: DG | Jul 25, 2012 1:39:06 AM

19. A nice gesture on the part of Mr Bale.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 25, 2012 2:03:58 AM

20. Screw Vale! Who's that Hawt lil Tattooed dude?!?

Posted by: MoJo | Jul 25, 2012 3:24:47 AM

21. Bale, that is...

Posted by: MoJo | Jul 25, 2012 3:25:40 AM

22. my neighbor's mother-in-law makes $76 hourly on the internet. She has been unemployed for six months but last month her paycheck was $15052 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more here >>> Click2go.notlong.com/

Posted by: amy | Jul 25, 2012 3:42:09 AM

23. So very nice thing to do.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 25, 2012 4:07:48 AM

24. I say the guy in the bed is the next Batman! WOOF!!! :)

Posted by: David | Jul 25, 2012 7:42:15 AM

25. Mr. Bale made a very nice and kind gesture. Too bad some bitter posters on this site have to turn it into something else. Grow up guys.

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 25, 2012 8:07:43 AM