Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Football (American) | New York | News | Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow Makes His Public Jets Debut, Shirtless: VIDEO

Tim_tebow

Evangelical athlete Tim Tebow is now a New York Jet and baffled the media by punctuating his public training debut with an "unusual" shirtless run in the rain, something he won't even do in his buttoned-up Jockey underwear ads. The move has put him front and center on every sports page today.

The NY Daily News:

Slowly, he sauntered away, as if “Chariots of Fire” was playing in the background, the only shirtless man around.

It was, if nothing else, a good-looking ending to an unspectacular practice by the famed backup quarterback. He was just 3-for-8 in 11-on-11 drills, numbers hampered by a wet ball and a few drops by receivers, but indicative of his performance as well. He was sacked once, by Aaron Maybin.

When Rex Ryan was asked about the media scrutinizing Tebow’s shirtless run instead of his performance on the field, the coach was uncharacteristically speechless for a moment before saying, “I don’t know if I’m there yet. No, trust me, I don’t want the fans not coming out just in case.”

Befuddled, Ryan added, “Who knows? Follow anything you want.”

The paper notes that "for the second day in a row, Mark Sanchez was sharper than Tebow," but that doesn't mean he's getting the press's attention. Sanchez was gracious earlier in the week when a member of the press mistook him for Tebow, but he laughed it off, though it quickly became one of the most-watched sports moments of the week.

Watch it and a clip of Tebow's public display, AFTER THE JUMP...

Sanchez

Comments

1. ... steroids gone bad... or something went wrong with praying..

Posted by: Martin in G | Jul 29, 2012 1:59:35 PM

2. I actually love his nose. Very unusual. And he's just a kid, people! Give him a chance to get his head straight. Let's just hope that his being so co-opted by the right won't make it too difficult for him to establish some more reasonable positions, and to come out.

Posted by: michaelofthegreen | Jul 29, 2012 2:29:34 PM

3. Why are we giving dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks, bible-thumping, self-important, bigots all this attention? WTF cares?

Posted by: Brad | Jul 29, 2012 2:50:21 PM

4. Normally I wouldn't give this sort of advice to a "celebrity", but he really needs to inflate his head.

I realize it's the whole "football neck" thing going on, but the pic looks photo-shopped.

Posted by: BobN | Jul 29, 2012 4:55:33 PM

5. Come on nobody is going to confuse the much sexier Mark with Saint Timmy-( and yes he does look good in the photos)

Posted by: jaragon | Jul 29, 2012 5:37:07 PM

6. C'mon guys, there's no sincere denying that Tim Tebow is one of the most physically attractive young athletes in America. It is his inner mental turmoil that is so very hurtful and ugly. The two can coexist. Think about how this athlete was raised: It was either you or the abortionist's trashcan, darling son! That has got to warp any child's upbringing. I think his "Mom" is guilty of Christian-based child abuse to have ever told her son that it was only Jesus who made me not terminate you in an abortion. Either medical waste or the handsome athletically talented person you turned out to be: what a "Christianly Maternal" methodology for raising a well-adjusted son. Dr. Spock, the real person and not the Star Trek fictive character, would probably have had a lot to say about Tebow's crazy Christian "Mother" who thought more of her "faith" than the child with zero birth defects with whom she was blessed. I feel more sorry for this young ill-informed man for being a lifelong experiment in some perverted form of enforced indoctrination of "Christian love" than I feel offense at his robotically lifelong programmed "opinions" about the wider world about which he has been denied knowing anything objectively factual.

Posted by: Tom Cardellino | Jul 29, 2012 5:45:30 PM

7. Makes me want to re-watch Boys In The Band just so I can hear Harold say,"Well, I suppose he has an interesting face and body, but it turns me right off because he can't talk intelligently about art."

Posted by: Robert | Jul 29, 2012 6:47:05 PM

8. He's a male. Isn't that enough for you vultures?

Posted by: Brad | Jul 29, 2012 6:51:48 PM

9. Just because a man runs around shirtless, it doesn't mean he's gay. You guys don't own the male body, you know. Go elsewhere with your fetishes. You're very similar to the straight guys who see a lesbian in every woman. Pathetic....

Posted by: jason | Jul 29, 2012 8:11:20 PM

10. What a strange looking man.

Posted by: Randy | Jul 29, 2012 11:00:23 PM

11. He is not as pretty as Tom Brady, almost nobody is, but he sure is a hunk.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 30, 2012 1:15:31 AM

12. He's no Magic Mike, that's for sure hehe. Mark Sanchez is way hotter!

I dunno, maybe it's like with Tom Cruise, the crazy religion thing is just such a turn off.

Posted by: Dagoril | Jul 30, 2012 2:41:01 AM

13. @Robert: Boys In The Band was the most homophobic movie ever made. Sometimes reading the bitchy comments made on this site, I think that there may have been some truth in it.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 30, 2012 6:38:57 AM

14. No doubt about it, virgin or not, TIM IS A STUD.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 30, 2012 6:44:20 AM

15. I agree with you, Andrew!

Posted by: andrew | Jul 30, 2012 10:14:14 AM

16. He's got a sexy body, so it's unfortunate about that face...

Posted by: Luke | Jul 30, 2012 11:21:53 AM

17. Rex Ryan didn't lose 105 lbs. in the off-season. He just stuck it onto Tebow's gut.

Tebow is about as attractive as a beef carcass hanging in a meat locker. I know there are people who're probably into that, but gosh.....there can't be that many.

Posted by: Foots | Jul 30, 2012 3:25:29 PM

18. My goodness! So many hateful, dysfunctional commies here! Leave Tebow alone!

Posted by: TJ Anderson | Sep 19, 2012 9:39:09 PM