Comments

1. theonlyhankinla says

I would’ve been mad about NBC cutting away except I was already mad that DirecTV lost the NBC signal for a good chunk of the ceremonies. We saw half of Annie Lennox & then nothing for well over an hour. Unfortunately, we had TiVo’ed it & were well behind the actual ceremony so we only caught about the last 15 minutes of the show.

I do have to say I really enjoyed the opening. They had me at Pet Shop Boys.

2. Paul R says

How is this a remix? It sounds exactly like the original. Also, unless I’m blind, Kate was nowhere to be seen.

3. starquisha says

I’ve never heard the vegetarian intro before, Paul. The track appears to have been remastered and sounds exceptional.

4. Ryan says

The instrumental bits and backing vocals are remastered from the original track, but the lead vocals are new and were recorded this year for the ceremony. She didn’t perform — the song was played over a video montage and the construction of a pyramid.

5. AT says

It’s not really a remix, which makes me so happy (the orig has been my fav song forever). The original wasn’t mixed with what modern production can do and sometimes sounds flat. I love it.

6. CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTONSTOPHER ALLEN HORTON says

AFTER Stephanie Lynn (“Stevie”) Nicks, Kate Bush IS MY NEXT FAVORITE FEMALE ROCKER.

AS AN ATHEIST, “Running Up That Hill,” ALWAYS INDUCES AN “OUT-OF-BODY” EXPERIENCE FOR ME, SENDING ME BACK TO MY “Satanic” days.

YET, I DO NOT LIKE THE 2012 RE-MAKE. THE INTRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL RECORDING SETS THE TONE FOR PAGAN MYSTICISM WHICH MAKES THE SONG SO SPECIAL.

CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON