Hunter Parrish | News

Hunter Parrish Not Hung Up on Sexuality

H_PARRISH

Hunter Parrish talks to Jarett Wieselman about the last season of Weeds, and a recent episode where his character was hit on by a male pot dealer:

No one told me about the RJ thing before I read the script, so my heart was pounding. That can be scary for an actor because you have to get out of social ideas and just focus on the character but I think Silas responded exactly how I thought he would -- and exactly how I would have as well.

He adds that the sexual openness of his character Silas to is a reflection of the times:

I think it's so fantastic, and such a great advancement. Obviously we have a ways to go, but it is the reality of today. I grew up in Texas, so it's great to see that in their common experience, young men and women view their blooming sexuality as less cut and dry. I don't know if that's something people always understood, grow to understand as they get older or are realizing earlier now because of the current climate. Maybe it's a mix of both. But yes, I don't think Silas is hung up on any of that sh*t. Silas prefers women, but in that scene, he wasn't disgusted by RJ. It was more like, "Oh man, I'm sorry … you just have the wrong idea."

Parrish also says he's flattered by the hundreds of gifs and screencaps of his character's on-screen nudity:

I love being naked. But career-wise, I hope that my part in this eight year show was not just "the guy who gets naked."

Comments

1. I still want carnal knowledge of him.

Posted by: Adam | Aug 3, 2012 1:45:40 PM

2. Links to screenshots and gifs or it isn't true.

Posted by: Shaun | Aug 3, 2012 2:38:39 PM

3. SHAUN: Don't be lazy. Just Google him. He got naked a lot a few seasons ago.

Posted by: JimmyD | Aug 3, 2012 2:45:47 PM

4. And we're all so grateful that he did. More please!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Aug 3, 2012 3:01:34 PM

5. Mmmmm, twinkalicious.

Posted by: Pervy McPerv | Aug 3, 2012 3:17:11 PM

6. what an articulate and enlightened young guy. Nice surprise, and yea....super hot.

Posted by: CHAD | Aug 3, 2012 3:23:27 PM

7. I'm just happy that a little while back that he and Broadway/NCIS Los Angeles' Barrett Foa aren't the same person. Id provide photographic evidence, but when the picture hit Foa's twitter feed, my phone over heated and assploded.

Should one of you tempt fate, Im sure if you google it, its available.

Posted by: A Moose | Aug 3, 2012 3:23:37 PM

8. We know you're good at your job, Hunter, don't worry... now come on and show us the full Monty :p

Posted by: R | Aug 3, 2012 3:33:29 PM

9. Jimmy, I know. I watch the show regularly. Just an attempt at humor.

Posted by: Shaun | Aug 3, 2012 3:50:00 PM

10. I seem to remember a few months ago he was promoting his cd, and said he was Christian and was nothing like his character. Don't remember the details, but people were labeling him anti-gay based on his comments.

I'm met him on two occasions and found him to be extremely friendly.

Posted by: JD | Aug 3, 2012 4:05:40 PM

11. Seriously BEAUTIFUL guy!
    Inside AND out.

Posted by: Hassan | Aug 3, 2012 4:36:35 PM

12. dang. gorgegous!!

Posted by: cj | Aug 3, 2012 4:37:18 PM

13. @JD
    There were some people thta labelled Hunter anti-gay based on flimsy evidence that he considers himself Christian and is nothing like his character? ANd we refer to the anti-gay bigots as narrow-minded and judgmental!

Posted by: Gabe R L | Aug 4, 2012 1:41:36 PM

14. @GABE R L
    That's the damage the teavangelicals and their ilk have done to the millions of good people who are Christian.

Not all Christians hate gays or even view gays in the traditional literalist's interpretation of biblical scripture.

Consequently, if a sweetheart like Hunter states he is Christian, the knee-jerk reaction is to automatically think "bigot!".

I have been guilty of this in the past, regrettably, though I am earnestly trying to change how I react to the word "christian". It's hard because I have decades of experience of having had to live under, grow up with and endure the evangelical tyranny that, unfortunately, still corrupts and poisons the American body politic.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 5, 2012 10:04:07 AM