Chick-fil-A | Jon Stewart | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jon Stewart Mocks 'Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day' Supporters: VIDEO

Stew_chick

Jon Stewart looked hilariously at the Chick-fil-A controversy last night.

"And what better way to stand up and say I oppose gay people's right to get married than to head down to a Chick-fil-A, grab a'hold of two buttery buns, split em open and gobble down some of that hot greasy c*ck. You're just diving into, eatin that c*ck, special sauce all over your face. You don't want to swallow but you gots to."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Meanwhile, Chick-fil-A set a one-day sales record on Wednesday, the company says:

"While we don't release exact sales numbers, we can confirm reports that it was a record-setting day," Steve Robinson, Chick-fil-A's executive vice president of marketing, said in a statement.

Comments

1. I think that the majority of Americans Still oppose gay marriage and that the issue is going to hurt the demos in 2012.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 3, 2012 9:29:04 AM

2. Andrew: You could be right...but you are not. ;-)

Posted by: David | Aug 3, 2012 9:39:34 AM

3. Jon Stewart nailed it on the head so to speak. It was completely ludicrous that Americans stood in long lines at Chick-Fil-A to enjoy eating away at gay people's rights to marriage.

Posted by: Professor Locs | Aug 3, 2012 9:48:10 AM

4. Hysterical first segment, disappointing second segment. Wish Stewart had made the bigger point that this fight started with anger over Chick-fil-A donating heavily out of its profits to anti-gay causes. It's a fight of basic capitalism. If you don't want your money spent on hate or any other kind of speech you're perfectly entitled to protest. As for the cities, they have overstepped in trying to enforce ordinances IMO. It's their money and they get to spend it legally any way they wish. I just don't have to give them mine. Still, if an individual business violates a non-discrimination law, they should be be prosecuted fully or open to civil suit. But a preemptive block against establishing a business is a perilous position to take no matter how bad the company may be.

Posted by: James C | Aug 3, 2012 9:49:23 AM

5. Fortunately, Ms. Andrews is wrong. The majority of Americans support marriage equality. Silly troll.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Aug 3, 2012 9:49:32 AM

6. Chick-fil-A sandwiches do not, I repeat, do not have a "special sauce." They are simply a bun that has been buttered, pickle slices, and hot c*ck.

You have to add your own special sauce. A frothy mix of mayo and mustard has worked for me in the past.

Posted by: james | Aug 3, 2012 9:57:36 AM

7. So what if that one day was record setting? Does that mean that the same troglodytes who took time out of their busy day of Bible Study to stuff their pie holes with hormone-injected, genetically modified chicken tits are going to do that EVERY DAY?

I think not.

But what the professional gay-haters fail to realize is that unlike this one day spike, the continued avoidance of Chick-Fil-A by GBLT and their supporters IS going to affect their overall bottom line as time goes on.

Prior to all this happening, I ate at the restaurant a handful of times so I was never a huge consumer of the stuff, but NOW, myself, my friends and family have vowed to never set foot in one again.

Enjoy your one day of hate-fueled financial splendor Mr. Cathy. It's not likely to repeat enough to offset the business you've permanently lost.

Posted by: VoenixRising | Aug 3, 2012 10:01:33 AM

8. The rooster equivalent you so carefully bleeped wasn't bleeped on TV last night. Made me wonder whether CFA specifically doesn't purchase hens for its stores because its orientation is "rooster".

Posted by: Hue-Man | Aug 3, 2012 10:13:54 AM

9. Funny and spot on. The whole issue is a distraction, however.

Posted by: mike | Aug 3, 2012 10:30:25 AM

10. They won't see a single, fabulous gay dollar from me, ever! Fatass America better eat up and often..

Posted by: Rob | Aug 3, 2012 11:27:01 AM

11. "And, for people who are gay, or support gay marriage, I get how seeing thousands of people come out to make this statement, is incredibly disheartening." THAT'S IT!!!! This is the first time I've seen someone in the media acknowledge what has bothered me the most about this mess! Usually they do stick up for us better, but we do have an election coming up, so I guess this is just very orchestrated.

Posted by: NeverEclipsed81 | Aug 3, 2012 11:51:37 AM

12. Fine piece of journalism right here.

Posted by: william | Aug 3, 2012 12:35:13 PM

13. The cities that were going to deny entry of the restaurants into their markets aren't doing anything illegal- its the same choke point all businesses go through of conforming to "local standards of decency" or whatever other bogus wiggle words were written into law. They once were used to keep people like us out and now that the tables are turned people are shocked, SHOCKED!! that municipalities have this kind of power to arbitrarily deny business to operate.

You can also make the point that if the municipality in question has anything in place regarding workplace discrimination regarding religion that a company requiring it's employees to conform to a "christian lifestyle" isn't in line with the values or laws of the community

Please, in an effort to be fair don't shortchange yourself or allow the conversation to be set by our opponents, they are masters of rhetoric and will shift the the semantics of an issue below your feet if you let them. Example- this isn't about gay rights- they'll say "we don't want to take rights from anyone! We just want to save traditional marriage/traditional families"

Posted by: maddM@ | Aug 3, 2012 1:12:14 PM

14. Stewart has a right to his ignorance on this issue. I'd just appreciate it it wasn't spread via Towleroad.

So disappointing for one of the so-called great cultural observers of our time.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Aug 3, 2012 1:35:16 PM

15. How embarrassing for the United States that our media is so corrupt we have to look at a comedy channel to get any real news.

Our founding fathers would be ashamed of how we have let extremists corrupt everything.

We are ALL to blame. We have let this happen.

Posted by: Icebloo | Aug 3, 2012 2:29:27 PM

16. I was really bummed the even The Daily Show, of which I am a huge fan, TOTALLY missed that for the gays this wasn't ever about "free speech" but always about massive dollars flowing to ensure gay Americans remain 2nd Class citizens.

That ain't religious fervor, folks, that just bigotry.

I suspect they really need more gay people on their staff.

Posted by: Pete N SFO | Aug 3, 2012 3:02:07 PM

17. Won't someone thick of all the chicken?! All those poor, poor chickens that lost their lives because of a protest!

Posted by: Garst | Aug 3, 2012 5:26:17 PM

18. Not totally true, ICEBLOO - There's a FANTASTIC article on HuffPo by Michael Rowe:

Posted by: Tre | Aug 3, 2012 11:04:21 PM

19. @ICEBLOO I seriously believe the election has something to do with it. They don't want to take any gambles with Obama winning, and they don't want a big gay story energizing the anti gay vote like it did in 2004. They have seriously dropped the ball in their defense of us, but I don't think they wanted to. It's been a rough week.

Posted by: NeverEclipsed81 | Aug 4, 2012 1:49:08 AM

20. Folks who are totally bummed that Jon Stewart "missed the point" - Oy gevalt - He's a comedian, not some profound oracle. Why must we always nitpick an ally, especially because his funny bit did not mention all of the details? But now, I am officially Chick-fa-tigued.

Posted by: AngelaChanning | Aug 4, 2012 7:17:22 AM

21. Good to know that there's a limit you can go when people are trying to keep you a second class citizen, Angela.
    Remind me not to invite you to anything worth doing.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Aug 4, 2012 6:04:11 PM

22. David: You are deluded. The exact opposite of what you think -- gay support -- is false. I think John Stewart is begging for a blow job. You're little Chick stunt backfired.. Chick made millions off of the thousands of anti-gay supporters. I think gays were smarter when we didn't try to sell the world on us. We all knew the rules. It was much more exciting. Now on top of everything we look like jackasses! Things aren't moving in our direction.

Posted by: Josh | Aug 4, 2012 7:50:40 PM

23. A L L O F T H I S O V E R A C H I C K E N S A N D W I C H ? ? ? ?

This has surpassed crazy... Man runs a lame chicken shack, makes pots of money doing so and donates to "hate" groups. It's his money. We as a group of "sinners" can counter the effort by focusing what is important in our journey towards equality...and it doesn't, in my little gay opinion, constitute a "Chicken War"...Surely there is much more to do on the battle front than this. By letting this fade away as quickly as it flared up, we will win in the end.Just sayin'......

Posted by: thom | Aug 5, 2012 10:22:38 AM

24. the Chick-Fil-A is not to protest that Mr. Cathy's opposition to gay marriage as they would have you believe, it is about the "charities" that Chic-fil-A supports. these groups not only support things like denying the LGBT communities rights guaranteed by the 5th & 14th amendments of the US Constitution, they condone hate crimes, anti gay therapy, and even promoted the "Kill the Gays" bill in Uganda, So if you support murder continue to support Chick-Fil-A

Posted by: Dennis | Aug 5, 2012 6:39:52 PM