2012 Election | Mitt Romney | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Brutal Super PAC Ad Indirectly Blames Mitt Romney for Woman's Death: VIDEO

Prior1

A new ad from Priorities USA features Joe Soptic, a man who worked at a Steel plant that was acquired and closed by Bain Capital.

Says Soptic in the ad:

"When Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant, I lost my health care and my family lost their health care. And a short time after that, my wife became ill...I don't know how long she was sick, and I think maybe she didn't say anything because she knew that we couldn't afford the insurance. And then one day she became ill and I took her up to the Jackson County Hospital and admitted her for pneumonia, and that's when they found the cancer, and by then it was stage four. It was -- there was nothing they could do for her. And she passed away in 22 days."

Adds Soptic: "I do not think Mitt Romney realizes what he's done to anyone. And furthermore, I do not think Mitt Romney is concerned."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "I do not think Mitt Romney realizes what he's done to anyone. And furthermore, I do not think Mitt Romney is concerned."

here, here! Romney is almost Autistic in his ability to relate to humans. He's cold, a-moral, and a smarter version of George W. Bush -- and look where that got us. He's destructive on so many levels; I have that same intense loathing that I had for Bush when he was running for President.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Aug 7, 2012 3:02:40 PM

2. Revolting. I hope Karl Rove doesn't sleep throwing the worst at that disgusting bunch of hypocrites known as Team Obama.

So much for bringing the country together.

Posted by: LincolnLounger | Aug 7, 2012 3:09:07 PM

3. It is brutal but it really demonstrates the consequences of Mitt Romney's decision making. I am not suggesting he is totally responsible for this woman dying, which is a terrible tragedy, but if you campaign to take away people's health insurance, they might just get sick, and this is what happens when people don't have insurance, because they can't afford it. When is he going to realize that not everyone in the world has as much money as he does ?

Posted by: paul | Aug 7, 2012 3:09:40 PM

4. Susanne Pleshette died? OH, Bob!

Posted by: Darren in atl | Aug 7, 2012 3:10:10 PM

5. Glad to see that Bob has endorsed the President's re-election! Who's next?!

Posted by: Bryan | Aug 7, 2012 3:11:55 PM

6. Oh Lincoln Lounger no one will lie down while Rove and Romney thows blows.

That time is over. It doesn't work. You know this.

Posted by: Polyboy | Aug 7, 2012 3:15:22 PM

7. The Republicans claim to be "pro-life" but here in Arizona they cut transplant funding and at least three people died and they cut healthcare funding for poor people, and who knows how many people are going to die premature deaths because of that.

Republicans are the party of death.

Posted by: jht | Aug 7, 2012 3:15:52 PM

8. It really doesn't take a genius to know that Romney will not run this country for the good of the people. Only a few "people" (used in the legal sense, not technical sense) will benefit from his "leadership" at the great expense of EVERYONE else!

Posted by: Garst | Aug 7, 2012 3:17:08 PM

9. Just Like on HBO's BIG LOVE - the Mormon message was $$$$$$ before anything else, then comes (fill in the blank)..the Mormons are selfish,and sneaky.....its all about THEM THEM THEM

this ad relates to many americans right now

Posted by: Disgusted American | Aug 7, 2012 3:17:19 PM

10. lincolnlounger

LOL coming from the bush cheney party that destroyed the unity all americans felt post 9/11....the party of hating anyone non lilly white and xtian, the most divisive gang of troglodytes since the founding of america...the most treasonous party in US history with slashing taxes on the wealthy gutting the strength of the US

read the polls and weep...latest poll sees Obama jumping into lead in NC and romney is tanking fast everywhere

romney-hood on the march and may it hang the entire tea bag party (since they killed the party of lincoln and repubs no longer truly exist)

Posted by: say what | Aug 7, 2012 3:19:25 PM

11. I like Obama. Please share my thoughts everyday with everyone you know. I like Obama. Gay men have alweays had an effect on populuar culture. Post "I like Obama". all over the web, face book, twitter,I like Obama. Well, I love him, he has set me free.

Posted by: Jacquejs Rosas | Aug 7, 2012 3:30:28 PM

12. I'm glad the left wing are FINALLY giving us some hard hitting ads. The Republicans will stop at nothing to win but the Democrats are always too nice and polite.

This man is brave for speaking out. Many thousands of people have been made unemployed by Mitt Romney and his terrible history of bankrupting businesses to make himself rich.

People need to know Mitt Romney's selfish and greedy actions have DIRECT CONSEQUENCES on lives other than his own.

Posted by: Icebloo | Aug 7, 2012 3:32:13 PM

13. @woodroad34
    The diagnosis you're looking for is sociopathy aka antisocial personality disorder. It fits him down to a T. The animal cruelty, the selfishness, the lack of empathy and genuine emotions, the empty looks...

Posted by: Steve | Aug 7, 2012 3:33:03 PM

14. A Bain/health care double whammy.

I do wish though that the health care piece was explained more since so many people are opposed to it based on what Fox News says. If people understood how it's a great thing, that would help immensely. Though I guess since the central pieces haven't gone into effect yet, those stories don't exist yet.

Posted by: John | Aug 7, 2012 3:40:03 PM

15. It is not surprising GOP never hides their theory about the 1% and "trickle down" from there. What is shocking is that a lot of people still believe in it. Perhaps not too shocking since the same people happen to believe in God.

Posted by: simon | Aug 7, 2012 3:48:56 PM

16. WOW.... pretty good. I'm voting for Obama, but living in the South, it's hard to see how he can win when surrounded by a sea of red.

Posted by: scott | Aug 7, 2012 4:55:57 PM

17. that is personal testimony corroborating what we already know happens, terrifyingly, at the national level:

same thing at:

Posted by: redball | Aug 7, 2012 5:13:59 PM

18. This is what the campaign needs to do, and keep doing until November. Because you can bet that the GOP will be pulling every dirty trick in the book.

Posted by: sparks | Aug 7, 2012 5:16:14 PM

19. @Darren in ATL
    Here I am crying, thinking what an effective ad this is. And I read your comment and laughed. Damn you. (Furthermore, I read "OH, bob!" in Florida's voice, which simultaneously made it more poignant and funnier.)

Posted by: Miguel R | Aug 7, 2012 5:38:00 PM

20. We already know Willard the Waffler isn't concerned. In fact, he said today that he wants to limit the amount of money (drastically) one can get from Medicare - one bad illness and your parents will lose their coverage! He's a real *swell* guy - that looks more like a cross between Adolph Hitler and Charles Manson every day.

Posted by: Tarc | Aug 7, 2012 6:15:19 PM

21. Not as strong an attack ad or argument as I would hope. A lot of people are terrified of going to the doctor and withhold themselves from detection and treatment for that reason. There's no way to know here

Posted by: Mike C. | Aug 7, 2012 6:32:43 PM

22. It's all Obama has left. I'd love to see the internal polls that has resulted this instead of hopey-changy and "elevating the political discourse" - now blaming Romney for someone dying of advanced cancer. I saw today he said "I'm just not President of black America!", a nod to the fact that his white male support has tanked.

Posted by: MarkUs | Aug 7, 2012 6:48:45 PM

23. This happened when I lived in Kansas City. It ended steel production entirely in that part of the country. The steel workers had no other options, much like other parts of the nation where the plants shut down.

I get that it was legal, but it was still immoral. Until we hold the bankers and investors liable for their immorality in their actions, we'll never see any better results from them.

Posted by: Miche Rutledge | Aug 7, 2012 6:50:20 PM

24. This ad reflects on the desperation - and lack of tact - of the Obama team.

Posted by: jason | Aug 7, 2012 7:13:42 PM

25. @Jason
    Your comment reflects on your stupidity. This is an ad from a pac, not Obama. I'd also like to point out that Mitt and the republicans are the ones who edited a video of the president to make it look like he said something he didn't. Now that's desperation and lack of tact.

Posted by: Logan | Aug 7, 2012 7:35:04 PM