California | Chick-fil-A | Gay Marriage | News

Straight Guys Protest Chick-Fil-A With Gay Kiss: VIDEO

SkylerStoneChick

Eager to show his disappointment with Chick-Fil-A and CEO Dan Cathy's anti-gay politics, actor Skyler Stone enlisted his equally straight friend, comic Mike Smith, to join a kiss-in outside the fast food franchise's Hollywood locations.

Watch the results AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Oh, yeah, this helps a lot...

Posted by: NVTodd | Aug 9, 2012 12:37:28 PM

2. Ok. Thanks for that?

Posted by: Edd | Aug 9, 2012 12:38:01 PM

3. a lot of gay men will probably have an issue with this but i thoroughly enjoyed it!

Posted by: Joe | Aug 9, 2012 12:38:05 PM

4. Oh boy…

I'm with NVTODD here.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Aug 9, 2012 12:42:07 PM

5. A little fame-whorey, but still, very funny and I think they're genuine about their message.

Posted by: solice | Aug 9, 2012 12:46:53 PM

6. Got to love our straight allies, especially when their HOT like Mike.

Posted by: Skooter McGoo | Aug 9, 2012 12:48:32 PM

7. That's cute

Posted by: MaryM | Aug 9, 2012 12:51:16 PM

8. See? Lots of straight men love us, they're way too hip not to. Include more straight men into your lives. They rock.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 9, 2012 12:51:22 PM

9. Except that they actually bought something there at the end, hence defeating the entire purpose of this. Sigh...

Posted by: Jimmy | Aug 9, 2012 12:52:55 PM

10. If I can make out with a woman and make it look hot as hell, I don't see why straight men can't do it with each other. Must they go overboard and get all uncomfortable and make a joke of it? It's like watching women fall over in comedies to get laughs as if the only way a woman can be funny is to endure physical pain. It's so sad but at least they did something... I guess?

Posted by: Matt | Aug 9, 2012 12:55:29 PM

11. I don't mind this tbh.

Posted by: Agent Provocateur | Aug 9, 2012 1:01:32 PM

12. if all straight men were like this, we would have no problems.

Posted by: Jayson | Aug 9, 2012 1:12:33 PM

13. Heterosexual dumbasses, piggybacking attention off a hot controversy . . . how pathetic can you get?

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Aug 9, 2012 1:16:36 PM

14. I just want to make the obligatory comment about how white these two guys are and how awful that is!

Posted by: greg | Aug 9, 2012 1:24:38 PM

15. "Bring me the bigots, homophobes, and racists alike. Bring me false Christians and self-righteous fraught with indignation and spite. Bring me the lemmings blinded by fear, the misinformed zealots holding their beliefs so wrongly dear. Bring me political extremists guided by right wings and narrow-mindlessly straight. Bring me these hypocrites and idiots, so holier than thou, and I shall reap UNGODLY PROFITS from their ignorance and hate (and all that chicken they ate.)"

Love, Dan

Posted by: Trevor | Aug 9, 2012 1:28:40 PM

16. "Bring me the bigots, homophobes, and racists alike. Bring me false Christians and self-righteous fraught with indignation and spite. Bring me the lemmings blinded by fear, the misinformed zealots holding their beliefs so wrongly dear. Bring me political extremists guided by right wings and narrow-mindlessly straight. Bring me these hypocrites and idiots, so holier than thou, and I shall reap UNGODLY PROFITS from their ignorance and hate (and all that chicken they ate.)"

Love, Dan

Posted by: Trevor | Aug 9, 2012 1:28:41 PM

17. This vid just lifted me up. Definitely needed it. Thanks you guys.

Posted by: mickyflip | Aug 9, 2012 1:29:11 PM

18. It's Skyler Stone, not the other way around.

Posted by: dave | Aug 9, 2012 1:32:01 PM

19. My thoughts:

Their hearts seem to be in the right place.

It promotes the idea that CFA's food is really really good, when it's just a friggin' chicken sandwich.

Mike Smith is really hot. When can I stage a kiss-in with him?

Posted by: Caliban | Aug 9, 2012 1:44:49 PM

20. Hey, how does he know this is going to get viral before even filming it?

Posted by: Anita Morehead | Aug 9, 2012 1:50:22 PM

21. This was humorous. I laughed, especially when Mike struggled to bring his hair down during the kiss.

Posted by: Cinesnatch | Aug 9, 2012 1:55:01 PM

22. He asks the two gay guys if men have a certain style when they kiss. The he has a sudden insight and realizes that he shouldn't even be asking that because gay people kiss just like everyone else does. Dialogue among Americans, whether gay, bi or straight, is a good thing because the result is often these kind of insights.

@ STUFFED ANIMAL: Could you please take those violent Jesus-worship images (Jesus being scourged) off your website. It looks like you worship Mel Gibson and "The Passion of Christ/Jesus Chainsaw Massacre."

Posted by: Artie_in_Lauderdale | Aug 9, 2012 1:57:28 PM

23. I was there when they did this. It was a shameless plug for their own notoriety and had nothing to do with the actual protest. It was in fact pretty disgusting to watch them make fun of the severity of the situation and then engage in a Chick-Fil-A lunch as though the entire day meant nothing more to them than a photo op. It was and is just more self-centered D-List Hollywood reality TV type mentality gone awry. In fact I take back the D-List part. Who the f%#k are these guys?

Posted by: Billy | Aug 9, 2012 1:59:09 PM

24. They bought food from Chick-fil-A. FAIL!!!!

Posted by: peterparker | Aug 9, 2012 2:19:59 PM

25. This was really fun to watch live, and the crowd roared and laughed with approval at the time. (I didn't find out they were straight guys till soon afterwards). It was really a hoot - and though they DID buy an ice cream, that was only to use it as a prop for another sexy and somewhat messy make-out session.

(Is it hotter that it was two straight guys?)

Anyway, some later said it was a bad move for "the cause," whatever, blah, blah, blah. That was said about the entire kiss-in, so those killjoys can bite me.

The whole event was fun. Although, I gotta admit, there was a lot of community support from drivers on the roads ... of Hollywood, California. Not your typical Chik-Fil-A location.

(Although, I was appalled at huge lines two days earlier for so-called "Appreciation Day" at a Northridge location, about 15 minutes outside Hollywood.)

Anyway, these guys were fun. And I enjoyed kissing my boyfriend about five dozen times in the space of an hour. We'll have to try the ice-cream-kiss sometime!!

Posted by: Zlick | Aug 9, 2012 2:33:36 PM