News | YouTube

BigGayDeal.com

As Time Goes By: VIDEO

Kalina

Noah Kalina has taken a photo of himself every day for twelve and a half years, starting with this one.

Watch him age more than a decade, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. In those beard photos, he looks like he could play a young John Goodman.

Posted by: Michael W. | Sep 6, 2012 3:34:00 PM

2. Hmmmmm.

That's a long time without smiling !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 6, 2012 3:35:18 PM

3. Pretty cool...now when he gets over say 50ish he can put it into reverse and Im guessing he will get very depressed. Maybe a new score would perk him up though.

Posted by: VDUFFORD | Sep 6, 2012 3:55:14 PM

4. Nothing quite so uplifting as a reminder of the march of time and the retreat of hairlines...

Posted by: BobN | Sep 6, 2012 3:56:16 PM

5. Cree-pyy. This vid freaked me out. And the music... wtf. So wierd, stoic face idk just gave me the chills lol. But pretty cool that he had this idea and stuck to it for 12yrs that's awesome. Thanks Andy...? Xo's

Posted by: Anthony | Sep 6, 2012 4:34:07 PM

6. It's amazing that he managed to keep the exact same facial expression and stare in every single photo.

Posted by: Den | Sep 6, 2012 4:37:09 PM

7. I couldn't make it through the entire 7 minutes, 48 seconds. Way too long. Odd music. Neat concept, though.

Posted by: Laurie | Sep 6, 2012 4:44:08 PM

8. He got better looking with age imho. Cool vid.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Sep 6, 2012 5:00:49 PM

9. I like to see it with just the head isolated. The flashes created by the changing clothes and background were distracting.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Sep 6, 2012 5:03:32 PM

10. He never blinked! lol Very hypnotizing.

Best part was the hair. It seemed to have a life of its own, the only thing moving.

Posted by: Tanoka | Sep 6, 2012 5:22:44 PM

11. I definitely agree that he got better looking as the years went by. Not sure if thats because he became more manly looking, or because he seemed to relax. (his eyes really relaxed. I could see the teen angst slip away as he became a professional (photographer i assume)). Also, its kind of neat that his weight never really fluctuated.

Posted by: Julian | Sep 6, 2012 5:35:29 PM

12. It's was like watching claymation while on ether. I hope he keeps it up.

Posted by: Al | Sep 6, 2012 5:44:09 PM

13. Not sure about this one. I'm calling BS.

At no point in this whole time do his eyebrows grow or change color nor do we ever see an image where he has bloodshot eyes. Not to mention that the light reflex on his iris is pretty much at the same position in every single shot.

Perhaps it is the eternal skeptic, but just seems a bit much.

Posted by: Jim in Colo Spgs | Sep 6, 2012 6:00:53 PM

14. Needs more smizing.

Posted by: S. | Sep 6, 2012 6:24:26 PM

15. He does get cuter as he gets older. There's one specific point where his freckles first show up, it's like "Woah"

But yeah, what's up with the David Lynch background music, not that it needs to be a jig or Carole King's Tapestry, but maybe less creepy.

Also I think his eyes "relaxed" around when he went to college and I'm assuming started smoking the weed, he's a little glassy in some of the following photos

Posted by: MaddM@ | Sep 6, 2012 7:44:46 PM

16. Hollywood make-up artists could benefit from watching this. So much old-age make-up looks so phony. Armie Hammer in "J. Edgar," anyone-? Or, Guy Pearce in "Prometheus?" Yuck.

Posted by: ludovico | Sep 6, 2012 11:24:41 PM

17. Damn! I probably have masturbated every single day in the last 12 years. That would have made an interesting video as well! LOL

Posted by: Michel | Sep 6, 2012 11:36:59 PM

18. Time flies, after five years he posted this set to "Everyday" by Carly Commando, I think they were friends or something. It was super popular and the song was in a basketball commercial after that. Was much more powerful set to her score, this music is a little creepy.

Posted by: BrianKeith | Sep 7, 2012 12:00:24 AM

19. I can't imagine what it must be like for him to watch this. Talk about your life flashing before your eyes.

And I thought *I* was obsessive-compulsive.

Posted by: BZ | Sep 7, 2012 9:13:06 AM

20. I NEVER WANT TO BE OLD!

Posted by: inorio | Sep 7, 2012 1:57:59 PM

21. What is with the creepy music!?

Posted by: Mike | Sep 7, 2012 8:49:43 PM