Clint Eastwood | Ellen DeGeneres | News

Clint Eastwood Tells Ellen Gays Should Have Freedom to Marry: VIDEO

Eastwood_ellen

Clinton Eastwood repeated his 2011 assertion that "I don’t give a f**k about who wants to get married to anybody else!" in a conversation with Ellen DeGeneres today, though in less colorful terms.

"Leave everybody alone," says Eastwood.

The actor did not repeat his recent remarks (at least in this clip) that Obama "is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people." Would have loved for her to ask about that.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Comments

1. you could almost read Ellen's mind: Ugh, I gotta sit through this wacko's interview, who's the producer that set me up on this one!? And why is he got his feet on my damn table!

Posted by: Troy | Sep 18, 2012 12:02:05 PM

2. Yep, the very same producer who set up the red hot Psy with that talent-free train wreck only a few day ago! Let's lynch him! LOL

Posted by: Iban4yesu | Sep 18, 2012 12:19:36 PM

3. otro mas que esta "loco como una cabra"

Posted by: xael | Sep 18, 2012 12:25:05 PM

4. then why is he supporting a party that has promised to work to pass a federal constitution amendment to limit marriage to opposite sex marriages only?

Posted by: Jed | Sep 18, 2012 12:25:37 PM

5. He was a little slow on the uptake...needs some coffee...but he's our friend (by default?) and a damn good film maker...still. Always a pro. And doing something rather ridiculous on stage this summer doesn't really change that.

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 18, 2012 12:30:21 PM

6. Frankly, Clint........f*ck off.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 18, 2012 12:31:27 PM

7. I think he is screwing the RNC and it's all a big joke. Retaliation for the right-wing attack launched upon his Chrysler superbowl commercial.

Posted by: Jordy | Sep 18, 2012 12:37:59 PM

8. If I sat with my sneakers on a coffee table (especially one I did not own), my grandparents would have read me the riot act.

Posted by: KT | Sep 18, 2012 12:41:33 PM

9. Aww, Clint. Why did you tell Ellen this? And her audience? You were just at the RNC. THAT would have been the time to say "Hi, I'm old and white an rich like most of you people, but you know what? Unlike most of you I don't hate gay people. So how about we all stop wasting time discriminating against them?"

But no. Instead he conducted an interview with an empty chair as his bid to become the next charleton heston.

so, yay?

dont' tell US you support marriage equality. tell your fellow republicans, you senile old fart.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Sep 18, 2012 12:46:31 PM

10. Why is he sitting on Obama's lap in this photo?

Posted by: grench | Sep 18, 2012 12:53:11 PM

11. How did Grandpa make it out of the Green Room by himself?

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 18, 2012 12:59:44 PM

12. Your support of Romney says otherwise, Clint.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Sep 18, 2012 1:40:23 PM

13. He doesn't need to tell Ellen. He needs to tell the California GOP.

Posted by: BobN | Sep 18, 2012 2:29:19 PM

14. Why did Ellen invite this clown on her show?

Posted by: Garbage | Sep 18, 2012 3:27:09 PM

15. Well, I am happy to see this interview clip. I'm a huge fan of his and it's nice to know he supports (or is not against) marriage equality and gay people in general. He comes from a very different generation and should be commended for clarifying his point of view on GLBT Americans.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Sep 18, 2012 5:04:53 PM

16. @Grench LOL!

Posted by: leprechaunvict | Sep 18, 2012 8:25:15 PM

17. Pander to the ladies.
    Still an ass.
    And GOD his movies have been awful to sit though.
    But hey he's got a "film" to promote ad the Hollywood Brass need him to
    fix the mess he made in his pants onstage in Tampa.
    Still stinks.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Sep 18, 2012 11:18:31 PM

18. He is just an old rich guy who doesn't want to make any sacrifices for the common good. He is appearing on some soft interview shows to try to cover up the fact that he made a total fool of himself on national TV.

Posted by: Andrew | Sep 19, 2012 2:54:16 AM

19. gratitude for especially stimulating thoughts, as ever.

Posted by: street def | Jan 17, 2013 5:47:19 AM