Eric Stonestreet | Jesse Tyler Ferguson | Modern Family | News | Playing Gay | Television

Jesse Tyler Ferguson Launches Attack Ad on Eric Stonestreet for Stealing Acting Jobs from Gay Americans: VIDEO

Stonestreet_ferguson

Jesse Tyler Ferguson is not taking Eric Stonestreet's Emmy win sitting down, labeling him a lying, ass-kissing clown in a new attack ad, and accusing him of stealing jobs from gay Americans.

Watch the ad and Ferguson's full interview, AFTER THE JUMP...

Here's the full interview:

Comments

1. PERFECT~

Posted by: Frank | Sep 25, 2012 12:04:39 PM

2. Am I the only one that likes Modern Family but hates Cam? He is so over the top annoying. And their relationship sucks. The the straight couples at least show love for each other. These two are just shallow and competitive.

Posted by: Joey | Sep 25, 2012 12:23:53 PM

3. Cute!

Posted by: K in VA | Sep 25, 2012 12:25:52 PM

4. LOL

Posted by: MichaelJ | Sep 25, 2012 1:26:52 PM

5. As much as I hate to join the Legions of Crankypants who troll these pages and complain about every little thing... I'm also a fan of the show but not of the Cam character. Many of TV's portrayals of gay men are the equivalent of Uncle Tom, Stepin Fetchit, and the like. One day, they will be disdained for what they represented. For now, we'll take the crumbs, the crumby parodies, because it better than being invisible.

Posted by: pantsy | Sep 25, 2012 1:58:03 PM

6. I love JTF. I wish he'd won the Emmy.

Posted by: G.I. Joe | Sep 25, 2012 2:13:36 PM

7. Jesse Tyler Ferguson: LOVE him! love his cute mannerisms and how he's completely supported gay rights

Posted by: So Cal Stan | Sep 25, 2012 5:49:28 PM

8. Let's see: there are now three sitcoms with gay leading characters, and -- surprise! -- every one of them is a shallow nelly queen for the Repubs to laugh at. That's network TV for ya.

Posted by: adamblast | Sep 25, 2012 10:10:29 PM

9. Adamblast, what three characters are you talking about?

Posted by: Ryan | Sep 25, 2012 10:35:56 PM

10. Ryan:

One is that thing on NBC with the surrogate mother and the female Archie Bunker.

Posted by: Jerry | Sep 26, 2012 1:05:45 AM

11. nelly queens need love to too

Posted by: John | Sep 26, 2012 5:12:54 AM

12. @Ryan: i assume he's talking about:
    ABC's Modern Family,
    NBC's The New Normal, and
    CBS's Partners.
    I love Modern Family and am quickly growing to enjoy The New Normal. But I will say that I tire of the idea that playing a different orientation is some kind of "challenge" and that gay characters need to be written and played as funny-walking, silly-talking stereotypes.
    Partners starts its pilot with the warn-out meme of that the gay guy listened to Bette Midler as a child so of course he was gay. On zmodern Family, Stonestreet channels his mother when he walks and JTF screams like a little girl at the sight of a bird. On the New Normal, the baby is at first wanted like a fasion accessory when a cute one is seen at Barney's.

Personally, I've never met a kid who listened to Bette Midler, but in fictional TV land, those overused stereotypes of gays are more entrenched than the idea of blacks lazing on the porch eating watermelon or Mexicans taking siestas in sombreros.

Posted by: GregV | Sep 26, 2012 3:57:47 PM

13. @Ryan: i assume he's talking about:
    ABC's Modern Family,
    NBC's The New Normal, and
    CBS's Partners.

Posted by: GregV | Sep 26, 2012 3:57:48 PM

14. GregV --- when I was a kid I listend to Bette, Barry and Barbra .... of course it was the late 70's :)

Posted by: RJP3 | Sep 26, 2012 4:14:21 PM

15. As for the New Normal --- I was afraid the nelly pretensious Dad was going to be Just Jack 2.0 --- but a bit more depth.

It is a bit dated however .... where is the sterotype of the 40something still wearing cammo cargo shorts with his tank top :)

Posted by: RJP3 | Sep 26, 2012 4:16:29 PM

16. Those two off the Modern Family? Like every smug queen i ever met in USA with a boring, tedious, compartmentalised life. Enjoy it. Loving the comments from GregV who is clearly a complete knob.

Posted by: Fah Gott | Oct 16, 2012 5:31:48 PM

17. Joey: shut up. Your tedious comments bore the Hell out of everyone.

Posted by: Blowey | Oct 16, 2012 5:33:02 PM

18. Yes that character and Cam are stereotypes --- just like the bars of Wilton Manors, The Castro and PTown are full of self imposed steryotypical behavior.

Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2012/09/fergstone.html#ixzz2F7b0l6Im

Posted by: personal essay for college | Dec 15, 2012 7:06:09 AM

19. Enjoy it. Loving the comments from GregV who is clearly a complete knob.

Posted by: jade jewelry | Jan 1, 2013 7:27:36 AM

20. We're also making a short video with a montage of clips of people from across the country speaking their favorite lines from Icarus writings. If you come out on Sunday we'll be filming footage for the video.

Posted by: http://www.upme.fr | Jan 3, 2013 10:50:48 AM

21. I actually enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will come back in the foreseeable future

Posted by: check my grammar free | Jan 10, 2013 12:29:35 PM