Frank Ocean | Kevin Hart | News

Kevin Hart Lauds Frank Ocean's Coming Out at MTV VMA's: VIDEO

Ocean

In the midst of targeting several celebrities in the audience, host Kevin Hart gave Frank Ocean props last night in his opening monologue for having the courage to come out of the closet:

Hart"I think what Frank Ocean did was really great, and I'm very serious about that. For those who don't know what Frank Ocean did, he realized he needed to come out of the closet in the middle of singing one of his songs. 'I've been thinkining about you, Leroy.' They said, 'Frank, I think you said "Leroy,"' he said, 'No I didn't. I said "Lisa."'... They said, 'Frank, we can play it back if you want us to.' He said, everybody take five, he wrote a letter to his fans. Not everybody can do that, and for that, I commend you."

The audience agreed. Later Ocean sang a gorgeous rendition of "Thinkin About You".

Watch both clips (the Hart bit comes at 3:30), AFTER THE JUMP...

Get More: 2012 VMA, Artists.MTV, Music

Comments

1. *who are attracted to men, BUT love and feel attraction to women in the same right or way. Whatever.

There, error fixed.

Posted by: Shaunie | Sep 9, 2012 2:55:58 AM

2. SWOOOONS for Mr. Ocean!

Damn, he's so dreamy.

And kudos to Hart, whom I've previously been incredibly critical of for his utterly-unfunny anti-gay "jokes" that people seem to have either ignored or forgotten, which were pretty pathetic. Progress, folks. Love it.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Sep 9, 2012 3:46:33 PM

3. "SEATTLE MIKE,"

WELL, NOW...SINCE YOU FEEL THAT WAY, WHY DO "Gays&Lesbians" ALLOW "bisexuals" AND "transgenders" TO ATTACH THEIR MONIKERS TO THE "company name."

DROP THEM LIKE, A "HOT POTATO" - WE ARE HOMOSEXUALS; NOT, FREAKS.

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 12:03:05 PM

4. "FENROX," "MATEO" AND "DYNEX,"

BEFORE Towleroad, I HAD NEVER HEARD OF Frank Ocean. IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING HE "CAME-OUT" AS, "bisexual." SO, "DYNEX," WHY ARE YOU CRITICIZING "FENROX?"

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 12:12:08 PM

5. "AJ," THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION!

I DID NOT KNOW WE COULD SEARCH EACH OTHERS' Towleroad COMMENTS. NOW, I UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS SO EASY FOR Towleroaders TO SEARCH THE THINGS I HAVE TYPED ONLINE.

AGAIN, THANK YOU, SIR.

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 12:21:36 PM

6. "DYNEX,"

YOUR COMMENT TO "FENROX" WAS A LIE. Towleroad HAS AN ARTICLE ABOUT Russell Simmons CONGRATULATING Frank Ocean FOR "COMING-OUT" AS, "bisexual."

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 12:26:33 PM

7. AGAIN, "ART SMITH" - THE SAME THING I TYPED TO "SEATTLE MIKE." WHY DO Y'ALL ASSOCIATE WITH "bisexuals?" OBVIOUSLY, Y'ALL DO NOT LIKE EACH OTHER.

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 12:32:02 PM

8. "JASON,"

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE HISTORY OF SECULAR SONG. MEDIEVAL TROUBADORS AND TROUVERES WERE FIRST TO SING SONGS [TO FEMALES]. Richard I of England WAS FIRST TO SING A SONG TO ANOTHER MALE DURING HIS CAPTIVITY [THE CRUSADES].

THEREFORE SONGS WERE CREATED AS COURTLY EXPRESSIONS FOR MALES' LOVE OF FEMALES.

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 12:38:24 PM

9. "JASON,"

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IN REFERENCE TO MTV.

NEGROES LOVE TO DANCE. WITH THE RISE OF URBAN-MUSIC VIDEOS, NEGRO-RECORDING ARTISTS NEEDED DANCERS FOR THEIR VIDEOS. MALE HOMOSEXUALS ARE THE MOST LIKELY CANDIDATES WHO HAVE FORMAL TRAINING IN DANCE.

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 12:49:14 PM

10. "KYLE,"

I AM NOT "FENROX'S" DEFENDER - BUT, BEING CRITICAL OF "gays" DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE "IN THE CLOSET."

WHY DO YOU THINK I CALL MYSELF, "HOMOSEXUAL," INSTEAD OF, "gay?"

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 12:56:06 PM

11. "JASON,"

FEMALES MAY BE THE BLAME WHY MALE SINGERS CAN NOT SING, "I Kissed a Boy," BUT, A PROBLEM IS, "gays" DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET-AWAY FROM THE "TECHNO-DISCO" MUSIC AND "BRANCH-OUT" TO OTHER GENRES LIKE, COUNTRY.

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 1:03:24 PM

12. "JASON,"

I DO NOT LIKE, Madonna. SHE UTILIZED A NEGRO MALE HOMOEROTICALLY IN HER, "Like A Prayer" VIDEO. SHE ALSO HOMOEROTICIZED NEGRO MALES IN HER CONCERT-DOCUMENTARY, "Truth Or Dare."

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 1:08:40 PM

13. "JASON,"

SIR, YOU ARE MISSING THE FEMALE "BOTTOM LINE" - "Gay men do not like the way we look naked."

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 1:12:44 PM

14. Andy Towle,

YOU DO NOT ALLOW ENOUGH TIME TO TYPE. I JUST MENTIONED Nation of Islam TO "SHAUNIE."

WHEN I Google MY NAME, I SEE MY Nation of Islam VIDEO COMMENT TO YOU.

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Sep 10, 2012 1:34:22 PM

15. Kevin Hart is a funny dude. I never would of though such a little man could have such a big entrance. If only he were president.

Posted by: Justin Klanica | Sep 25, 2012 1:22:28 AM