BigGayDeal.com

News: Andres Serrano, Rome, Justin Bieber, Chile, George Michael

RoadSeth MacFarlane to host the Oscars...

RoadAndres Serrano invites Catholic bigmouth Bill Donohue to see "Piss Christ" and talk.

ChippendalesRoadChippendales bring their beefcake to The Amazing Race.

RoadTen races around the country where Mitt Romney could sink GOP candidates.

RoadOn October 9 at 6:30 pm, our legal expert Ari Ezra Waldman is participating in "How Can New Yorkers Help Win the Freedom to Marry?", a panel discussion with Nicole Bronzan, Brian Ellner, and Lynn Faria at the LGBT Center in NYC.

RoadAnne Hathaway got married in Big Sur.

RoadRomney preps for debate: "...Mr. Romney's team has concluded that debates are about creating moments and has equipped him with a series of zingers that he has memorized and has been practicing on aides since August."

RoadA gay wedding in Rome: "The one-hour ceremony included communion, scripture readings and lively spiritual music by a visiting choir invited to help celebrate the first same-sex marriage known to be held in Rome, the base of the Roman Catholic Church.  The grooms held hands and exchanged rings that had been blessed by Mother Teodora Tosatti, the first woman to be ordained as a priest in Italy under the Vetero Catholics, which is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. 'Why should love that does not follow tradition be illegal?' she asked the congregation made up of same-sex and heterosexual couples. 'Your vows to each other are as important as any other’s.'"

RoadVideo: Justin Bieber loses his cookies on stage.

DelaceyRoadHugh Jackman prances in the Sydney surf.

RoadVeteran arrested in murder of Craigslist escort: "Delacey, at the time a resident of 1074 Cedar Way, unit 102, in Fruita, is accused in the slaying of 26-year-old Luis Alberto Vasquez Oliva, or 'Beto,' an undocumented Mexican national who was beaten to death inside his apartment at 540 29 Road, unit 6."

Road70,000 activists rally in Chile in support of LGBT rights: "The march's organizers delineated three main focuses of 2012's march: adding a preventative mechanism to Chile’s recently-passed anti-discrimination law, providing representative identification for transsexuals and developing an education campaign about sexual differences in public schools."

RoadNude photos of Prince William being shopped? "...a technology blogger writing for the Telegraph today alleges that there are naked photos of Big Willie Wales being hawked around the newspapers and gossip mags of Europe. Willard Foxton says, 'Newspaper pictures editors tell me there are as many as 270 pictures being hawked around, which feature both the Duchess and Prince William naked – only 24 have appeared thus far. The Palace's nightmare is that the pictures are stills from a video.'"

RoadHuffPost reporter Lila Shapiro spends some time with GOProud and Log Cabin.

RoadMale model fix: Laurin Krausz.

River_parisRoadParis Hilton makes out with woman, inspiring Vegas bar fight involving her new model boyfriend River Viiperi.

RoadJamaica's only drop-in center for homeless LGBT youth forced to close by anti-gay local authorities and media.

RoadWayne Butterfass, a 70 year old, retired, former small business owner from Cincinnati: “I don’t know why any woman or gay would ever vote for Romney. All you have to do is look at the Republican platform. I’ve never seen such HATE this year in the Republican Party, national or state.”

RoadNOM defends child's kidnapping over a parent's 'biological connection'.

RoadGeorge Michael cancels Australian leg of tour: "I have today announced the cancellation of the shows in Australia which breaks my heart. By way of explanation all I can say at this time is that since last year's illness I have tried in vain to work my way through the trauma that the doctors who saved my life warned me I would experience. They recommended complete rest and the type of post traumatic counselling which is available in cases like mine but I'm afraid I believed (wrongly) that making music and getting out there to perform for the audiences that bring me such joy would be therapy enough in itself. Unfortunately I seriously underestimated how difficult this year would be and although I was right to believe that the shows would bring me great happiness and that my voice would recover completely (I truly think that some of my recent performances have been my best ever) I was wrong to think I could work my way through the major anxiety that has plagued me since I left Austria last December."

Comments

1. whatever attempts at excuses the LCR make, the same cannot be said for GOProud who prove over and over again that they exist simply to save their own @sses by throwing "those other gays" under the bus.

we get it, boys. when your families found out you were gay you had to backpedal like crazy to let 'em know you're not gonna be like those "leftist liberal gays" who , you know, stand up against prejudice and injustice and demand and command nothing less than equality and respect.

they're a sad group of self-castrating cowards who live each day in fear that their chosen "allies" will take away the pithy level of tolerance they're barely afforded today.

check out GOProud's facebook page for confirmation of this.

Oh, but if you post pro_Democratic info you'll be banned from posting. conservatives don't like being confonted with truths when the lies they tell themselves are the only things keeping them alive each day. ;-)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 1, 2012 4:24:35 PM

2. leave the little bow ties at home it looks silly

Posted by: megamike | Oct 1, 2012 4:28:47 PM

3. ugh, and as for Seth hosting the Oscars.... am I the only person who isn't much of a fan of his work???

I dunno. It's like if you took The Simpsons and removed all the heart and South Park and removed all the cutting-edge satire you end up with Family Guy. Ugh.

although incidentally, Seth's humour can be pretty darn gay. he outdoes even the south park boys when it comes to obscure musical references. i remember one family guy episode that erupted into an entirely frame-by-frame nod to the film version of "The Wiz" - and I'm sitting there with my straight buddies, who are laughing, and wondering "wait....these guys don't even KNOW The Wiz! why is there a reference to The Wiz right now? who else remembers the Wiz!?!?"

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 1, 2012 4:29:14 PM

4. lmfao @ romney memorizing "zingers."

flash over SUBSTANCE: true romney (and GOP) style.

Posted by: redball | Oct 1, 2012 4:33:54 PM

5. I'm Agnostic and have no use for ANY organized religion, that includes Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hindi, Buddhist, the whole nine yards. I also thin k the RC Church should be prosecuted under the RICO statute along with other organized religions and cults like Scientology. That said, Piss Christ is HIGHLY offensive to many people and Mr. Serrano is behaving like little more than a troll, so he and his supporters of Piss Christ are in no position to call fatboy Donohue a big mouth or bigot. If I were to say unkind things about one religion i particular on this board, It would be met with a barrage of 'racism' and 'bigot' claims, possibly even deleted. This particular religion is untouchable, while it's perfectly fine to mock and say vicious mean spirited things about Islam or Christianity. Why is that?

What does the fact this guy who murdered the male pro is a veteran have to do with anything? Why was it used in the news article title? I understand mentioning it in the article itself.

Seth Macfarland? Will, they know there target audience I guess.

Posted by: ratbastard | Oct 1, 2012 4:42:28 PM

6. CORRECTION: Their not there.

Posted by: ratbastard | Oct 1, 2012 4:44:46 PM

7. CORRECTION #2: well not will.

Posted by: ratbastard | Oct 1, 2012 4:50:08 PM

8. Re George Michael :
    Just get well George and look after yourself !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 1, 2012 4:58:24 PM

9. Good, balanced article on the two gay Republican organizations and the differences between them, correctly observing that there was little really serious support in either party for gay rights until very recently and that until the last 5-10 years, even the support that came from Democrats consisted largely of lip service from a few individuals, without any serious effort to pass legislation.

Also noting that the efforts of the Log Cabin Republicans were critical in the very few legislative victories the gay movement has had--DADT repeal, marriage equality in New York State and New Hampshire--underscoring their point that ghettoizing gay people in the Democratic Party would more or less insure that all attempts to pass gay rights bills of any kind would be doomed to failure.

And pointing out that it is just a matter of time before a tipping point is reached when the Republican Party decides it has more to lose by continuing to pander to the Religious Right than it does by abandoning it.

While highly partisan gay Democrats may not look forward to a situation in which both parties embrace gay people and they therefore cannot take gays for granted any more, those with a broader perspective realize that that will be a positive development that will accrue to the benefit of us all.

Posted by: Rick | Oct 1, 2012 5:02:34 PM

10. The GOP will never adopt a pro-Equality stance, for a very specific FISCAL reason: the GOP's fiscal policies do not in any way benefit "your average Americans."

It's not just the GOP, though - it's literally every government around the world. If you want to know which party has a fiscal plan that will screw over the most people, you look for the party that runs on campaigns that promote anti-gay prejudice, and reach back to "social issues" like Abortion.

Why? Because the people who care about "banning abortions" and "stopping gays from marrying" are incredibly unintelligent non-cognitive people. They don't understand foreign policy, nor do they understand fiscal policy.

but they do (think) they understand that "Jeebus doesn't lake gays and abortions" - that's why it's a specific group of politicians, IN EVERY COUNTRY, carry the Anti-______ banner:

they can't talk honestly to their base about the realities of their fiscal and taxation policies, so they instead pander to the emotional and non-cognitive "beliefs" of those plebeian masses.

the day the GOP stops encouraging anti-gay ideologies is the day they'll have to talk honestly to their base about their fiscal policies. and that cannot work well in the favour, if you want to deal with actual facts and empirical evidence.

and the day that happens is the

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 1, 2012 5:10:45 PM

11. Glendale, AZ makes me more than a little ill too Justin.

Posted by: Marc C | Oct 1, 2012 5:14:39 PM

12. They oughtta' let Clint Eastwood host the Oscars. He'd have all the empty seats he needs to make his point. Of course, that would be three months after President SlimJim is re-inaugurated. Maybe he can use an empty toilet seat on stage with the poster on it saying, "TeaParty"

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 1, 2012 5:19:30 PM

13. @Derrick... good one.

Sad that the Chippendales get featured, but a famous gay male couple, one of whom was a popular columnist in the Advocate (or was it Out?) don't... beefcake trumps brains and humour? Boo to that.

Paris Hilton making out with a girl? Oh sure, that's not a publicity stunt to prove her "gay cred" with us...
    "No really, I'm not a homophobe, I'm just like you... lesbianism is sooooo hawt"... I'm NOT buying it, bimbo.

Posted by: graphicjack | Oct 1, 2012 5:23:40 PM

14. Paris Hilton is a disgusting creep. She's anti-gay. Her girl-girl make-out session is homophobic as it appeals to straight guys who hate guy guys. Stick a fork in it - she's done.

Posted by: jason | Oct 1, 2012 6:51:06 PM

15. @Ratbastard - Strange that you manage to advocate tolerance of religion, while condemning another. I'm guessing you actually meant the persistent tiptoeing around Islam versus treatment of JUDAISM and Christianity, though the point is that all of things should not be above criticism. Pointing out racism and bigotry has sometimes degraded to personal attacks, but still has its place as a reminder that we can be aware, civil, and fair. In that vein, choice of "bigmouth" is probably a bit blunt, as is your own choice of "fatboy".

I don't doubt Serrano is enjoying the publicity, but the moral high ground here is fostering a better understanding of what "Piss Christ" is and that's what he's doing. If you read the linked article, you'd know Serrano identifies as a Christian. You don't have to take my word for it that there's more to art like this, take Sister Wendy's. (http://youtu.be/L9pAKdkJh-Y)

On your other point, they mention that he's a veteran is partly to unload any tidbit they can get their hands on, like how they mention the victim was undocumented. The irresponsible bit is where it becomes sensationalized people start presuming connections between factoids and the situation itself.

Posted by: kerwot | Oct 1, 2012 7:50:27 PM

16. I guess the Chippendales lowered their entry requirements.....

Posted by: Icebloo | Oct 1, 2012 11:47:59 PM

17. Didn't you already report Hugh Jackmanm shirtless on the beach yesterday ? I guess today was a slow news day.

Posted by: Icebloo | Oct 1, 2012 11:49:08 PM

18. The Chippendales did well until the very final segment, which was the easiest one; they escaped Philimination by 15 seconds. I've never seen the Goat Farmer's show, but man I hope they're eliminated next because their bickering is already old. I love TAR, glad it's back.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Oct 2, 2012 10:14:10 AM