Music | News | Pet Shop Boys

Sample All the Tracks from the New Pet Shop Boys Album 'Elysium': LISTEN

Elysium

The Pet Shop Boys dreamy new album Elysium is out on September 10 but they've dropped an interactive YouTube video which samples each of the album's 12 tracks

Listen to the sampler, AFTER THE JUMP...

And watch out for a new 'OXD Mirror' music post here around noon today!

Comments

1. I love the PSB...but their music hasn't changed..this sounds like leftover tracks from the early 90's.

Posted by: QJ201 | Sep 7, 2012 9:46:36 AM

2. long-time PSB fan here. their last album "Yes" is fantastic and I was hoping for more like it.

this album is much more subdued and, sadly, a bit of a letdown for me. I've been listening to it for the past few weeks and although the first two tracks are fantastic ("Leaving", "Invisible"), the rest of the album tanks after that.

as a whole it sounds to me as if they attempted to compose a stage musical and it wasn't working out, so they just threw it all onto an album. "Hold On" is just embarassing.

but hey, that's just my take, others may really enjoy this and I'm certainly not abandoning them. I'll patiently wait for their next album and hope that it's a return to more upbeat/pop/disco stuff.

the end.

Posted by: EO | Sep 7, 2012 10:31:37 AM

3. The Guardian has the entire album playable by track here:

Was put off by it at first, but it's growing on me. Loving "Leaving," "Invisible," "A Face Like That," and "Everything Means Something."

Posted by: Dan | Sep 7, 2012 10:52:55 AM

4. I love the Pet Shop Boys and I appreciate the subdued beauty of their "Behaviour" album. It seems they are trying to recreate that here, but sadly, it's just a yawn. Some early reviews highlighted "Hold On" as a standout track, but I agree with Eo, it's embarrassing. The rest of the album isn't embarassing ... it's just ... drab. "Fundamental" was a welcome return to form and "Yes" was even better. Two steps forward, one huge step back IMHO. Dang.

Posted by: Eric | Sep 7, 2012 11:19:13 AM

5. WOW, I expected much much more from my beloved PSB, but I will accept this and treasure it like all else they have done. I need the actual album to play on repeat a few times to make a final decision.

There are 3 songs that I really like from these snippets.

Posted by: marc | Sep 7, 2012 2:07:43 PM

6. It's all kind of...stinky.

Posted by: Jason | Sep 7, 2012 6:36:35 PM

7. so disappointed :( i was expecting so much more from psb... i don't think i'll even buy this album. well atleast OMD, Alphaville, Depeche Mode and Erasure all have new albums in the works! YAY!!!! :)

peace~

Posted by: bronson | Sep 7, 2012 9:29:56 PM

8. so disappointed :( i was expecting so much more from psb... i don't think i'll even buy this album. well atleast OMD, Alphaville, Depeche Mode and Erasure all have new albums in the works! YAY!!!! :)

peace~

Posted by: bronson | Sep 7, 2012 9:29:57 PM

9. What a boring album! The only good song IMO is 'A Face Like That'. Everything else is so plain.

Posted by: Sucks | Sep 8, 2012 2:22:05 AM

10. It's always the same, every new PSB album takes time to accept! Believe me.

Posted by: Caukri | Sep 10, 2012 10:38:49 PM