Comments

1. J. Leo says

When a political party stands in the way of every effort that a president makes to turn the economy around it is a sure sign that all they are interested in is ruining a presidency no matter the cost to our nation. Do we then wish to turn the country over to them to run? I can’t imagine why.

2. paul says

Reince Prebus is a turd…he knows damn well that the GOP have spent the last four years passing bills on abortion, refusing to raise the debt limit which risked the entire US economy and filibustering a record number of times…….that’s when they could even be bothered to turn up. Didnt two GOP house members miss their own swearing in ?

3. HadenoughBS says

I’ll give this to the Rethuggists – they’ve been working overtime since Obama’s January 2009 inauguration. Yep, they’ve been busting their balls to defeat Obama at each and every turn and, in so doing, deny us, the American people, the assistance we need and deserve due to the failed eight year legacy left Obama and the country by the GW Bush administration and its Rethuggist minions in Congress. Put the GOP back in charge? You’ve got to be kidding!!!

4. Jay says

I actually AM better off than I was four years ago. I was working for a business that was going down the tubes due to poor management, and the economic problems just accelerated the decline. Since then I found a good job and am making more than I ever have before, plus I have health insurance for the first time ever. Also in the last four years my family has turned around on their opinion of homosexuality and have embraced my partner as a member of the family. Not that Obama had anything to do with this (or maybe he did), but I am certainly better off than in 2008.

The thing is that even if a Republican WAS better off than they were four years ago, they will not admit it or accept it. Anything good Obama has done has been demonized by the right, there’s no way they would ever accept or acknowledge anything positive about him.

5. Mike says

The Right Wing Nazis know how to use propaganda that was taught to them by the CIA, they follow Hitlers Chief of Propaganda Goebbels who said “as long as you lie, the big lie, you keep repeating it”. Hitler believed the “big Lie” had a better chance of being believed. Hitler used the “big lie” to murder millions of Jews, homosexuals and other minorities in World War Two.

6. says

I am better off than four years ago, too, Jay. I thank President Obama for all he has done to end the free-fall economy of the Republicans, and for a more tolerant, compassionate America.

7. ? says

I wonder, how many of these claims of being “better off now” are based upon LIES. After all, this is the internet, and we have no way of proving what some people claim their lives are like. Step outside the internet, and look around in your everyday life. You’ll see LOTS of people who’ve lost their jobs (during the Obama administration, mind you) and haven’t been able to find work, had their home foreclosed, and the list goes on…