2012 Election | Mitt Romney | News | Republican Party

New Ad Portrays Romney as Compassionate Conservative: VIDEO

Direct_romney

The Romney campaign is out with a new ad featuring Mitt speaking directly to the people.

The ad seeks to recast Romney as a compassionate conservative, the WSJ reports.

“We shouldn’t measure compassion by how many people are on welfare. We should measure compassion by how many people are able to get off welfare and get a good paying job,” he says in the ad.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

NicklausIn related news, Romney got the rich white golfer endorsement from Jack Nicklaus:

“When I was competing, I didn’t lean on someone else in tough times," Nicklaus said, comparing his golfing career to the government. "I know what I had to do on the golf course to succeed, and when I won I certainly didn’t apologize for my success.”

On why America needs to elect Romney in November, he said, “We can’t keep doing what we’ve been doing. We have to look at problems at hand and change them."

Afterward, Romney said, "What you heard from the Golden Bear, what you heard from the greatest athlete of the 20th century, the words that he spoke, have touched my heart, and I'm sure they touched your hearts as well.”

Comments

1. Wait. White guy who plays rich guy sport ENDORSES Romney? Get the F out.

Posted by: Miguel R. | Sep 26, 2012 5:55:35 PM

2. Wait. White guy who plays rich guy sport ENDORSES Romney? Get the F out.

Posted by: Miguel R. | Sep 26, 2012 5:55:37 PM

3. This Nick guy is the greatest athlete of the 20th century for the 1%. It shows how laughable and out out touch Mitt is. It is equivalent to saying his stupid running mate is an intellectual.

Posted by: simon | Sep 26, 2012 6:03:41 PM

4. The greatest spin of all times has been Jews and Christians spinning the wicked yahweh of the O T who slaughtered innocents in uncountable numbers into "Our Heavenly Father" LOL

Posted by: Andrew | Sep 27, 2012 12:43:41 AM

5. 47%. 47%. 47% 47% Nothing else matters. 47%.

Posted by: millerbeach | Sep 27, 2012 4:57:36 AM

6. According to an independent analysis, the US is on pace to create 12 million jobs - if we assume Obama is elected rather than Romney (so far as his plan can be determined).

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Sep 27, 2012 10:43:56 AM