Burning Man | News | Skydiving

Skydiving into Burning Man: PHOTO

Skydiving

Now that's what I call making an entrance.

(via imgur)

Comments

1. yay for all these skydiving posts :)

Posted by: jim | Sep 12, 2012 1:33:47 PM

2. Ah may zing.

Posted by: zeddy | Sep 12, 2012 1:34:23 PM

3. Though...is it real? Where's the video (he has a gopro on after all)?

Posted by: zeddy | Sep 12, 2012 1:37:20 PM

4. People have been skydiving into Burning Man since the '90s. This photo is definitely the best I've seen yet, though!

Posted by: peterparker | Sep 12, 2012 1:46:57 PM

5. Hmm....I smell a photoshop. Looks like he is standing on his tiptoes, and where is the wrinkle in his skin from the wind? or his shirt or pants?
    Not quite sure about this one.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 12, 2012 1:48:52 PM

6. pshop. come on.

Posted by: nico | Sep 12, 2012 2:07:18 PM

7. The skydivers looked amazing speeding down onto the playa. They were coming in FAST!

Posted by: TJ | Sep 12, 2012 2:32:14 PM

8. guys, he jumped from a helicopter.

Posted by: jim | Sep 12, 2012 2:32:23 PM

9. Yep people have been skydiving in the black rock before even Burning Man existed!! Check out Dust & Illusions (http://dustandillusions.com), on the history of the event all the back to the 1970s. Great flick, even for me who wasn't interested in Burning Man and have never been!

Posted by: Jean Simenon | Sep 12, 2012 2:33:55 PM

10. Burning Man was amazing this year. The art was even bigger, better, and hotter than ever. I saw a lot of sky divers coming in which was really cool. There was also a theme camp that created 3D sculptures of volunteers using a 3D printer and delivered the completed sculptures to the volunteer by helicopter drone (using a GPS device for location).

Posted by: DB | Sep 12, 2012 3:14:36 PM

11. I think I have finally figured out why skydivers wear helmets. Its to have someplace to put the camera. Because, lets face it, if the chute doesn't open and you hit the ground at terminal velocity the helmet is not gonna help a lot, except maybe to help them find your head among the splattered remains.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Sep 12, 2012 3:50:08 PM