Ann Coulter | News | Twitter

Ann Coulter Announces 'Disown Your Son' (for Being Gay) Day

Tweet_coulter

Coulter tweets: "Last Thursday was national 'coming out' day. This Monday is national 'disown your son' day."

GLAAD reacts:

I recognize that this is a joke, and that she is not really taken seriously in any context anyway, but with this coming right after National Coming Out Day, at the start of Ally Week and just days before Spirit Day, I thought this would be a good opportunity to talk about this idea of hers. There was a time in our culture's history when, if thousands of LGBT kids were to come out on the same day, the next week genuinely would be exactly what Ann describes, all across the country. Fathers disowning their sons and kicking them out onto the street. Mothers locking up their daughters or sending them to charm school. Children forced to undergo electro-shock or even worse forms of "therapy" to rid themselves of their orientation. To learn how to not be true to themselves.

And although we've come a long way from those ideas as a cultural collective, I have no doubt that last week, more than a few American households experienced the tragedy that Ann joked about. Approximately 50% of LGBT youth experience some degree of family rejection. There are as many as 100 thousand homeless LGBT youth on our nation's streets, and it's estimated that LGBT youth make up as much as 40% of our nation's homeless youth population. LGBT youth who are completely rejected by their parents are more than 8 times as likely to have attempted suicide. Pretty funny, right?

(h/t truth wins out)

Comments

1. To put it in my best, proper English:

What a f*cking b*tch.

Gay kids being kicked out of their houses isn't a laughing matter and I don't see how this could be deemed as some kind of joke.

Posted by: Michael | Oct 16, 2012 2:21:08 PM

2. OK, I checked and I was wrong. She wasn't an only child. Everything else is correct though. She is the one who most obviously sought her father's approval by parroting his opinions even though they demeaned her.

Posted by: Caliban | Oct 16, 2012 2:21:18 PM

3. Caliban, you're spot on.

Coulter's dad was as reluctant to have her for a kid as GOProud's members are to have those wimpy homosexuals for sons.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 16, 2012 2:23:52 PM

4. She must have a new book coming out. She's doing all the radio and TV circuits trying her hardest to shock us (and failing). She knows all she has to do is say something the majority of people think is shocking and she gets free promotion for her books.

WE are the dummies for giving her that free publicity EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Posted by: Icebloo | Oct 16, 2012 3:02:12 PM

5. What goes around comes around Mr ANNdY COULTER. Oh come its a guy in skank drag people! Looks like its time to go into Costcos, Walmarts, book stores, etc. and rip covers off her book again. Then no one will stock her books since they loose too much money Just sayin.

Posted by: Johnny | Oct 16, 2012 3:37:05 PM

6. Let's not be too grandiose about her; she is cheap, vulgar, shrill and insecure.

She feeds her appetite for attention with increasingly hysterical contrived quips.
    But she is essentially a bore.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 16, 2012 4:42:45 PM

7. It's OK, Ann. Since no one wants to breed with you, you won't have to worry about having gay children. Besides, that baboon uterus you had implanted during your sex change surgery doesn't work anyway.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Oct 16, 2012 4:55:02 PM

8. Why does anyone care what she says ?

Stop feeding trolls, and the wither and die.

Posted by: "The Gay" | Oct 16, 2012 5:04:30 PM

9. she needs a good f*ck, And a baby.

Posted by: BigmouthNobrain | Oct 16, 2012 5:20:42 PM

10. I've got to day that I appreciate GLAAD's response. This happened to me..I came out to my siblings, who told the parents, who totally freaked and cut me out of their lives. Took almost 2 years before I had any contact, and several more before acceptance was achieved. My first reaction to Ann's "joke" was visceral anger, but that is not a healthy one. I am inspired to follow GLAAD's example and reach out to those in my community that need acceptance and help to thrive.

Posted by: Curt | Oct 16, 2012 5:23:58 PM

11. She is tacky and looks very desperate. Poor thing.

Posted by: BackwardBarbie | Oct 16, 2012 5:24:27 PM

12. Oooh,I should have proof-read. That should be I've got to SAY, not day.

Posted by: Curt | Oct 16, 2012 5:25:20 PM

13. Well, she is indeed a dinosaur (and a rich one, thanks to the GOP righties)...She is a horse-faced troll who would sell her own mother (if she knows who she is)for a buck.
    Actually, I think is really great. She is a symbol of what is wrong with America. She is actually a poster-girl for the delusional
    peeps out there who think. She has a right (thanks to America!) to voice her insane opinions. She is a fame-Ho and she knows it.

Posted by: thom | Oct 16, 2012 5:27:37 PM

14. Well, she is indeed a dinosaur (and a rich one, thanks to the GOP righties)...She is a horse-faced troll who would sell her own mother (if she knows who she is)for a buck.

Posted by: thom | Oct 16, 2012 5:27:39 PM

15. I really dont understand why she constantly gets coverage from the gay press. Shes completely irrelevant but you give her credibility by covering every absurdity that comes out of her mouth.
    I dont get it.

Posted by: CJ | Oct 16, 2012 5:31:12 PM

16. We should have a "cover up your body" day for women like Ann Coulter. She's probably jealous of male-male sexuality. I've told you time and again that women are the biggest homophobes. They are the driving force of homophobia in society.

Posted by: jason | Oct 16, 2012 5:31:29 PM

17. Really wise and well crafted response --- cuts her off at the knees with her well rehearsed braying (as in like a sad aging mare) "Liberals can not take or recognize a joke." But I joke.

Posted by: RJP3 | Oct 16, 2012 6:18:49 PM

18. As for Bill //// I wonder how high they got when they used to bang.

Posted by: RJP3 | Oct 16, 2012 6:19:27 PM

19. Re Johnny's question, "And when is "Throw a steaming bucket of crap on Ann Coulter" Day?" .... Figuratively speaking, that happens every time she opens her mouth!

I forget which idiotic right-wing bimbo it was, but there was one who sounded like a complete airhead during her public appearances. Then they found out that she graduated from one of the best universities in the country and had performed classical music, playing it quite well. Her apparent stupidity was just an act designed to appeal to a low-brow audience and rake in the bucks.

You've to wonder if Ann Coulter is really that stupid or if she is putting on an act that targets a "redneck" audience.

Posted by: Bill | Oct 16, 2012 6:36:30 PM

20. It's hard to find anyone more needy, creepy and disgusting in a single, ugly package.

Posted by: Bart | Oct 16, 2012 6:46:49 PM

21. QUESTION: What did Ann Coulter's boyfriend say after Ann farted while he was eating her out?

ANSWER: "Mmmm... a breath of fresh air...."

Posted by: YAR | Oct 16, 2012 7:05:15 PM

22. How's this for funny? Coulter lies about her age. According to her birth certificate she was born in 1961. So she's 51 years old. But she claims on her current driver's license that she was born in '64. (48) But she has given interviewers birth years even later than that.

So Coulter's pronouncements about reproduction and reproductive rights are, at best, academic. Like Victoria Jackson, we'll never know what she might have said when she had ovaries that, you know, actually WORK.

And WTF would she know about standing up for who you are? She can't even admit her age. She's too busy being mutton dressed as lamb. How unfortunate it is that she never met the right man. Ted Bundy for instance.

Posted by: Caliban | Oct 16, 2012 7:15:14 PM

23. when's 'throw a brick at Ann Coulter' day? i wish you wouldn't give her air time. She's a tall bag of hate.

Posted by: grego | Oct 16, 2012 7:39:28 PM

24. wow. she really does continually impress with the depths she will go to

Posted by: gomez | Oct 16, 2012 10:13:49 PM

25. It's a blessing that one thing this barren old shrew will never excrete is offspring. Imagine having this gasbag as a mother.

Posted by: SteveindeDE | Oct 16, 2012 10:17:15 PM