2012 Election | Bill Maher | Focus on the Family | News

Bill Maher Proves Focus On The Family Wrong: VIDEO

Maherpledge

Yesterday I posted video of Bill Maher and Ann Coulter discussing conservative author Coulter's assertion that racism is a thing of the past. You can see that HERE.

At the bottom of that same post I mentioned that Maher had used the same episode of his HBO show to pick apart right-wing group Focus On The Family's warnings about an Obama presidency. Now we have video of that too, via JMG, and I've included it AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. For as admirable as his points were, Maher's show has passed the tipping point of self-aggrandizement. For at least the last three seasons, it's not about fostering meaningful discussion, it's about Maher telling conservatives to piss off. Not that conservatives shouldn't piss off, but the show used to be at least about hearing what everyone on the panel might have to say, agreeable or disagreeable.

Posted by: Jerry | Oct 14, 2012 12:54:01 PM

2. Love him.

Posted by: Mikemike | Oct 14, 2012 1:02:36 PM

3. I agree with Jerry, up to a point.

There are so few, clever Libs on TV who are not shy about cutting through the [GOP] bull that it makes Bill Maher's show worth watching. Yes, he can often be nasty, but not nearly so as the hate-speak on other programs.

For what it is worth: What exactly is so wrong about the government helping people make better lives for themselves? Most of these Repubs also claim to be Christians, yet behave so selfishly. My 2 cents

-CWM

Posted by: chasmader | Oct 14, 2012 1:05:58 PM

4. Thank YOU, Bill Maher. I travel to Colorado Springs a few times a year for business. I passed Focus on the Family a few times. There's even a sign on the I-25 that says, Focus on the Family, exit here. Talk about the money and power they have in that city. Once my boss' boss visited Focus while he was in COS, he came back and talked to us about how sacred marriage was. When he said it, I turned and looked at my co-worker, and we both rolled our eyes because he was having an affair with a female manager he recently promoted. Everyone knew about it as they didn't hide it. But there, he was talking about sacred marriages and Focus on the Family. Hahahahaha...

Posted by: Shticklemyer | Oct 14, 2012 1:11:52 PM

5. For those of you who don't bother reading prior posts, here's an important link about the FOF record (it appeared in mediaite's coverage of this Bill Maher story):

Posted by: Diogenes Arkots | Oct 14, 2012 1:43:05 PM

6. @Diogenes, great article! Thanks for posting that link!

Posted by: AriesMatt | Oct 14, 2012 4:08:14 PM

7. awesome video - thanks for posting.

Posted by: william | Oct 14, 2012 8:51:58 PM

8. People like these AFA Christians are using psychological warfare to psychologically attack and terrorize people they do not like, you know who they are.

Posted by: Rick | Oct 14, 2012 11:03:39 PM

9. There are conservatives worth hearing. Ann Coulter is not one of them. I listen to Real Time on my iPod a few days late (audio only). I will fast forward through Ann Coulter. She's not worth my time. She says idiotic things she knows will enrage the left, then the right cheers and buys her new book. It's a con game. I'm not playing.

But since we're already talking about her, is it true that she claims racism ended in 1964? That's interesting since the schools in my hometown were not desegregated until Fall 1969.

Posted by: Houndentenor | Oct 14, 2012 11:51:57 PM

10. I posted video of Bill Maher and Ann Coulter discussing conservative author Coulter's assertion that racism is a thing of the past. You can see that HERE.

Posted by: Rosann Peace | Oct 15, 2012 1:49:47 AM

11. The show used to be at least about hearing what everyone on the panel might have to say, agreeable or disagreeable.

Posted by: Raye Orosco | Oct 15, 2012 1:56:38 AM