Elizabeth Warren | News | Scott Brown | Supreme Court

Scott Brown Names His Model Supreme Court Justice: VIDEO

Warren_brown

Take a guess...or a few.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Well he didn't know what he was doing there. I don't think Scalia is Mass.'s favorite justice. The laugh in the audience was great to hear. I mean a Washington Post editorial called for Scalia to resign because his opinions cross the line into advocacy - and the advocacy is for issues not even properly before the Court.

Posted by: Markt | Oct 1, 2012 10:25:59 PM

2. truly a caught-off-guard moment for scott brown...

and those are always the most telling!

stop trying to convince MA voters youre an independant voice, mr brown. your republican colors are showing through...

Posted by: andrew | Oct 1, 2012 10:37:00 PM

3. Talk about grasping at straws! Wow. I hope I'm not horrified on election day seeing the results for MA Senators. Fingers crossed, I don't think I will be.

Posted by: Omar | Oct 1, 2012 10:39:08 PM

4. Watched the whole debate on CSPAN.

The instantly infamous "I'm not a student in your classroom" remark really spoke volumes.

Posted by: Leo | Oct 1, 2012 10:57:59 PM

5. oh my word!!

Posted by: bandanajack | Oct 1, 2012 11:32:36 PM

6. Well... Scott Brown is an idiot for saying that, but is that really a necessary/good question to ask? Seems kind of odd to me. The SCOTUS is *supposed* to be non-partisan (cough cough) and I think questions like this just divide the court more and make the judges want to vote more rigidly along party lines.

Posted by: andypharmer | Oct 1, 2012 11:36:15 PM

7. Which is why this was a good question.

Posted by: zeddy | Oct 1, 2012 11:56:58 PM

8. ANDYPHARMER: I don't want to sound like a d*ck here, but I disagree with you. That was an extremely relevant question. Although you're correct in that SCOTUS is supposed to be non-partisan, they are nominated, and confirmed in a partisan manner. Remember, the Senate confirms all high judicial nominees.

Posted by: Ricky Waters | Oct 2, 2012 12:00:20 AM

9. A Senator's judicial philosophy is an important aspect in helping the electorate decide

Posted by: Ricky Waters | Oct 2, 2012 12:01:26 AM

10. Haha... yeah... Senate confirmation. A very important process that totally slipped my mind. Above comment retracted.

Posted by: andypharmer | Oct 2, 2012 12:39:48 AM

11. I wonder if he knows that Justice Kennedy isn't from Massachusetts.

In any case, I like him better as a centerfold than as a Senator.

Posted by: Cosmo | Oct 2, 2012 1:25:38 AM

12. Can't wait till this pig loses in Novemeber.

Posted by: Pig Brown | Oct 2, 2012 1:53:56 AM

13. Scalia???

Amazing when you consider that Brown is probably the most liberal of all Republicans in the U.S. Senate, now that Snowe is retiring.

The Bob Dole's of the Senate is a thing of the past.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Oct 2, 2012 2:35:51 AM

14. just wait and see until end of the year, than who talking now then

Posted by: Rosie | Oct 2, 2012 2:44:02 AM

15. Justice Scalia, an ultraconservative Opus Dei member who thinks (and voted twice for that idea in 1986 and 2003) that homosexuality should be considered a crime (...) is Scott Brown's model Supreme Court Justice. Nuff said.

Posted by: Peter M. | Oct 2, 2012 6:44:45 AM

16. wow, he just changed my idea of him forever, lost my vote

Posted by: hornlongjohn | Oct 2, 2012 6:54:48 AM

17. I don't want to be mean, but just between us, Scott Brown is kinda dopey. The antithesis of the usual intellectual aura surrounding anything to do with the state of Massachusetts.

When he said Scalia maybe he was thinking who would make the best Pope??

Posted by: i could go on, but I won't | Oct 2, 2012 7:55:44 AM

18. I enjoyed the debate, but wonder who is really there to help us.

Posted by: Sean | Oct 2, 2012 8:37:19 AM

19. To: I could go on . . . Don't you mean the best replacement for the Pope's Butler - or some other sycophant?

Posted by: Markt | Oct 2, 2012 9:11:26 AM

20. To: MarkT

lol

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Oct 2, 2012 10:01:52 AM

21. Justice Scalia: anti-woman bullying a**hole

Scott Brown: anti-woman bullying a**hole

Birds of a feather . . .

Posted by: paulinva | Oct 2, 2012 10:13:56 AM

22. I'm not sure that Kagan was the best answer either. How long has she been on the bench? Not a long track record. And the question didn't say currently serving. Either of these candidates could have gone back in history for their "model."

Posted by: Alan | Oct 2, 2012 10:44:50 AM

23. How did Sotomayor make his list - especially with Scalia also on it? He must not have a clue what she stands for.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Oct 2, 2012 10:46:46 AM

24. When he was asked the question you could see the wheels turning à la Sarah Palin to come up with a name, any name--one has to imagine that Scalia was the first one that bubbled up into his brain. Then when the other ones bubbled up he started spouting out those, as if to get credit simply for knowing them. He's just not the sharpest tool--he's lucky to have gotten handsomeness affirmative action.

Posted by: Ernie | Oct 2, 2012 10:48:48 AM

25. "Can't wait till this pig loses in Novemeber"

"Scott Brown: anti-woman bullying a**hole"

"He's just not the sharpest tool--he's lucky to have gotten handsomeness affirmative action"

Are you taking notes, Senator Brown? These are the people you went out on a limb for to break the logjam on DADT repeal, and if you had not, the law would still be in place.

This is the kind of gratitude they show to those who have supported them. And I am sure that you will remember that if you are re-elected, just as I am sure others who have taken similar political risks to help this group will learn a lesson from the kind of ingratitude on display.

One of the many reasons why they remain so hugely unpopular with the public that they have lost every single referendum that has ever been on any ballot anywhere.

Posted by: Rick | Oct 2, 2012 11:15:08 AM