2012 Election | Barack Obama | Kelly Clarkson | Mitt Romney | News

Kelly Clarkson Voting Obama Because of Romney's Anti-Gay, Anti-Women Policies: VIDEO

Kelly Clarkson, who faced a firestorm of Twitter backlash last December after declaring her "love" for Ron Paul, won't be voting Republican this year, she told The Daily Star.

K_clarksonKelly, 30, closes her tour at London’s Wembley Arena on Saturday ahead of releasing her Greatest Hits – Chapter 1 album next month. But she can’t wait to get back to the States to move into her new home and catch up on the looming US presidental election.

Kelly added:

“I’ve been reading online about the debates and I’m probably going to vote for Obama again, even though I’m a Republican at heart. I can’t support Romney’s policies as I have a lot of gay friends and I don’t think it’s fair they can’t get married. I’m not a hardcore feminist but we can’t be going back to the 50s. Obama is a great guy. I’ve met him and I’m a fan of Michelle too. She has been busy promoting better education and healthy diets, which is something we could all use a dose of reality on.”

Clarkson released the lyric video for her new single "Catch My Breath" last week.

Catch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Jason - you need to get a dog. You obviously never got enough attention from Mummy and Daddy and that's why you are on here every day trying your best (which is not that impressive to be honest) to try to be controversial just so we give you some attention.

Take a look at yourself. Would you want to be friends with someone as immature, uneducated and needy as yourself ? FIX IT. GROW UP.

How on earth can you say Obama has gone nothing for gays ? What planet do you live on ? I'm assuming you are another brainwashed Fox news moron.
    I am not over the moon about Obama's performance but I do have to admit he's been the most pro-gay President in history. Yes he's made mistakes but he's still our best chance.

So get over yourself. Get your head out of your ass and educate yourself. You are only embarrassing yourself with your stupidity. Learn to love who you are - you will never be straight no matter how much you want to be ! DEAL WITH IT.

Posted by: Icebloo | Oct 22, 2012 5:50:10 PM

2. What does that mean "Republican at heart" if she then goes off listing things that are traditionally left-leaning? I guess fiscally she's more conservative? I don't get it. I'm glad she's voting for Obama, but the republican at heart comment threw me.

Posted by: daws | Oct 22, 2012 5:55:17 PM

3. RON PAUL IS HUGE ANTI-PERSONAL CHOICE/ANTI-ABORTION.
    Wish she could do one iota of research considering its right on his website.
    DONT LET THE 1% (ACTORS, MUSICIANS, ATHLETES) GOVERN YOUR POLITICS!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kderpder | Oct 22, 2012 8:00:03 PM

4. People, can we all agree that Jason and Rick are simply replying to these posts in order to gain some form of recognition..? (plus a couple more, whom I suspect may well be the same, sad person) If we simply stop responding whenever they make outrageous statements, eventually they will go away... That being said, there is nothing wrong with us all disagreeing..It's what makes our community great!

Posted by: rd | Oct 22, 2012 8:32:50 PM

5. People, can we all agree that Jason and Rick are simply replying to these posts in order to gain some form of recognition..? (plus a couple more, whom I suspect may well be the same, sad person) If we simply stop responding whenever they make outrageous statements, eventually they will go away... That being said, there is nothing wrong with us all disagreeing..It's what makes our community great!

Posted by: rd | Oct 22, 2012 8:32:51 PM

6. I think she is totally confused about politics and is basically following what her conservative Texan relatives believe in. I doubt she could tell you the differences between the two parties.

Also, although I like her voice she appears to be an incredibly boring performer. She has no artistry. Just stands there and sings.

Posted by: kkalio | Oct 22, 2012 10:51:49 PM

7. kelly clarkson like most people feels it necessary to vote for the proven fool instead of the selfish bastard. you people COULD vote for the principles of her old darling, Ron Paul, by voting for Gary Johnson. Only libertarians favor civil rights and economic rights for everyone. Their favorite tool is the repeal of laws; who ever heard of a law that guaranteed what the Constitution already provided? Their purpose is to limit Constitutional protections and/or rob the people. Unemployment for politicians!

Posted by: jon in san jose | Oct 23, 2012 12:03:57 AM

8. I supposed she;s a liberal/moderate republican, which are almost extinct in politics now. But its good to see she is at least voting based on understandable values and not some hypocritical thought process or cognitive dissonance.

To vote for Romney is to completely forget all the lies and and flip flopping he has done in the last 2 years, or at least the last 4 months.

Posted by: Alexx | Oct 23, 2012 1:05:39 AM

9. Bernadette, Kelly is of a generation that grew up hearing feminist as an insult.

She is a feminist in social issues but a Repug in her fiscals. The chick has serious bank and she's from the south so, eh, no surprise there.

Posted by: Janay | Oct 23, 2012 2:27:45 AM