Comments

1. Michael says

Not to complain, however though which I am about to, I come to Towleroad to get gay news. Sure, I don’t mind seeing bit and pieces of other information but it seems like lately I am being bombarded by items that have zilch to do with LGBT issues.

In other words, seeing a piece about proper posture, or whatever, is a waste of time. Half of the items on the front page at the moment do not deal with LGBT issues. A guy who jumps in ice? How not to slouch? I’m a big fan of this website but enough is enough please. It can’t be that hard to track down news items that deal with gay issues.

2. Michael says

May I just clarify? I am at work during the day and usually extremely busy however I try to take some time when possible to skim this website (yes, out of any website this is the one I tend to go to). However, spending time reading an article trying to figure out what this has to do with gay issues and then realizing, once again, it has absolutely nothing to do with it, is frustrating.

Maybe you guys can have some sort of link which will show only LGBT specific issues in the search results.

3. David says

Please do not even try to impose you vision of how Andy should run his publication. I think you got this backward. Towleroad has not never been just about Gay news. If it is just that it wouldn’t have been successful. Gay people are people who actually do care about culture, art, and social novelties.

You could recommend more gay political news, but he doesn’t have to accommodate. If you do not like you could find another online publication to read. But don’t talk as if somehow you are entitled to something here

4. cdubois says

I found this super interesting and more importantly, valuable. I think people in the corporate world often marganilize gay people and in turn those gay employees internalize those feelings and thus render themselves less effective in the log run. I think these tools can help combat that. I’m totally going to start using these tips at work, in presentations and meetings. Thanks!

5. Terry says

Yes, Michael, we should never read about anything other than gay issues. We are 100% gay and there is nothing else to our character.

P.S. You sound so busy, I feel so bad for you!! Maybe you should refrain from reading blogs…especially if they don’t cover content that is 100% gay all the time…

6. Terry says

7. Henry says

I love the interesting range of stuff on Towleroad. I just skip over the stuff that doesn’t pique my curiousity. This clip, however, I watched all the way through. I found it fascinating.

8. voet says

@Michael, may I suggest that you read the headlines? I find that they are usually a pretty good indication of about what the articles are about. Hope that helps.

9. Michael says

Can most of you, if not all of you, kindly p i s s off? Yes, I come to this blog because, would you believe it, a gay blog. A guy jumping in ice water! How not to slouch! Wow, that really enlightens my friggin day.

And, yeah I can come here while working and make comments because I can type over a 100 words a minute.

Rest assured, I would most definitely find something to complain about but it would have nothing to do with women. It would have everything to do with the amount of pathetic gay guy who seemingly can’t come to grips with one little constructive critique without completely freaking out.

You guys are a justified reason for not liking gay men. Pathetic. And gee, do I have to wonder why I avoid gay bars at all cost?

10. Dan E says

Michael: you sound like an entitled pissant. “This blog isn’t exactly what I want. Please change it so it is exactly what I want. Oh, and all those people who like it how it is? They are EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THE WORLD. Ignore them.”

As others have noted, you can skip the articles that don’t interest you. This has never, in the near decade I’ve been reading it, been an exclusively gay content blog. If that’s what you’re looking for, you’re at the wrong place. And stamping your feet and saying “this isn’t just how I want it” makes you look like a spoiled brat.

11. Terry says

Michael can type 100 words a minute! And he avoids gay bars! And likes insulting gay men! Can someone get this man a job at GOProud with a bunch of other self-hating homosexuals?? He’s PERFECT!!!

12. shakyacres says

“I would most definitely find something to complain about”

oh, I know!! xD

Please don’t stop. @David, stop discouraging this guy from posting; at 100 words a minute, think of all the gems he could still have time for before getting done with “work” for the day!

Rage On, @Michael! I’ll be waiting for you at the Eagle at 5pm sharp…

13. Harold says

Towleroad is not a gay blog. It’s a “site with homosexual tendencies.” :)
    It could be seen as a nuanced distinction, but there is a difference nevertheless.

14. Harold says

I’m a bit distracted by the incessant intake of air through the nasal channels, magnified by the blond ambition microphone. What am I to make of it in terms of non-verbal communication? Other than that, it is interesting.

15. topher says

Gosh, Michael, you are amazing! IN SHORT: This is not a GAY BLOG. The blog isnt having hot gay sex with other gay blogs. It’s a blog of stuff Andy finds relevant and amusing, and he’s found a group of people who like the stuff he shares here. That’s it. If you exclusively want news about homosexual subjects, then hire a freaking journalist to pen a daily digest for you to read. And if you don’t do that, and come here instead, then I kindly suggest you STFU.

16. Rich says

@Michael

Maybe this isn’t your issue. There’s some “gay” content in this blog that isn’t mine.
    Read/watch what you think might be relevant to you and leave the rest — I don’t have time to do it any differently and I doubt that you do either.

What I will say is that LGBT folk are often put down outside the ghetto. And when that happens often enough, people tend to adopt more closed and reserved stances in life — I know that’s true for me. I found the entire lecture worth listening to, and perhaps I might even try out Amy’s suggestions.

17. gr8guya says

If we are asked to examine our own behavior and its non-verbal meaning, then what does Ms. Cuddy’s hair represent? I find it disconcerting to watch her having only one eye fully exposed. Is this a protective measure on her part? Is she shielding herself or creating mystery? Is she doing this to help her own persona or is it being done for its impact on us?

For someone lecturing about posture and presence, I found her to be physically unimpressive. Yet, I enjoyed her talk and found it valuable. Which seems contradictory to some of her own findings.

18. JT says

I liked this article and accompanying video. I think the site SHOULD CONTINUE to enlighten and educate gay people of all persuasions on various topics. Who doesn’t need to be more confident, feel more passionate about something, or be more self aware of our communication with others? This topic could go into everyone’s “toolbox” for so many daily situations. It applies to men and women, heteros and gays just the same. As humans, don’t we all want to be a success?

19. JT says