Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | Muppets | News

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Aaron and Danny

Aaron_danny

Back in May I posted a meticulously produced and performed song and dance video marriage proposal from producer Danny Rose to his boyfriend Aaron Rosenberg, an entertainment lawyer. Well, the two of them were married this past weekend in over-the-top Hollywood style.

The ceremony opened with a tongue-in-cheek video of The Muppets and Danny and Aaron performing "Somebody's Getting Married".

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

UnicornThere may be more clips in the future, but here are some details on the rest of the ceremony, which took place on the Paramount lot and certainly sounds clip-worthy.

Shortly thereafter, the grooms made their way down the aisle atop a unicorn to a Jewish wedding ceremony "with a twist" led by Joss Stone backed by a surprise gospel choir singing a rendition of Lion King's "Circle of Life" and Lauryn Hill's "Tell Him". John Legend serenaded the grooms and their mothers on their mother-son dance with his song "Stay With You". Jennifer Lopez made a special dedication of her song "Papi," broadcast from her European tour. There was a surprise live performance by PSY of his hit "Gangnam Style" (for which he called the grooms to the stage to join him); and an impromptu performance by Ciara of the Diana Ross hit "Upside Down," with the grooms as her background vocalists in wigs.

Don't miss our other recent Gay Wedding videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Eli and Dave [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Robert and Nathanael [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: JoAnna and Jenny [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Kenton and Johnny [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Jeff and Joe [tr]

(lower image via facebook)

Comments

1. OMG. It appears I need to move about 34 miles north of the Orange Curtain. This is totally fun, memorable and delish. Mazel tov! (and I ain't even Jewish!)

Posted by: darin | Oct 23, 2012 2:39:49 PM

2. Congratulations on the ceremony but still not a wedding in CA. They should have taken all that money and helped an economy that does support the weddings of gay people.

Posted by: unruly | Oct 23, 2012 2:43:32 PM

3. So they have a huge wedding celebration in Los Angeles where they are not legally allowed to be married? Personally, I would spend all that money fighting for marriage equality so I could have some sort of legal standing if my husband were in the hospital and of course the tax benefits would be nice, but if they want to spend their money on a unicorn they can have a unicorn. If that's where their priorities are I'm not one to judge...

Posted by: Ruddigore | Oct 23, 2012 2:44:55 PM

4. I don't understand all these over-the-top, highly public marriage proposals, complete with flash mobs, choreography, and, in this couple's case, a professionally produced music video. Nor do I understand the need to have any marriage ceremony--lavish or not--videotaped and sent out into the blogosphere for strangers to watch. I think it reflects a level of narcissism that bodes poorly for a lasting, intimate relationship.

(The one exception I've seen so far is this highly emotional, stunningly beautiful video that Andy posted a few days ago: http://www.towleroad.com/2012/10/gay-wedding-video-of-the-day-eli-and-nathanael.html)

Having said that, I am glad there are places in the world where a gay couple can have a ceremony to celebrate their relationship without the interference of government or hostile crowds. And I agree with the person posting above who thinks the money would have been better spent fighting for marriage equality.

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 23, 2012 2:56:59 PM

5. Adorable.

Posted by: ichabod | Oct 23, 2012 3:03:45 PM

6. @Peterparker, it's just narcissistic people wanting their 15 minutes of fame.

Posted by: Luke | Oct 23, 2012 3:26:41 PM

7. I'm not going to mean and cutting. Just not my style. Happy for them that they found each other...wish them well.

Posted by: Pdxblueyes | Oct 23, 2012 3:32:57 PM

8. I am happy for the couple but honestly I view over the top weddings like this, regardless of whether the couple is straight or gay, to be like those parties featured on My Sweet Sixteen. They are "Look at Me, Pay attention to Me, This is All About Me" events that value spectacle and showiness over what the wedding is actually supposed to be about - two people finding each other and vowing to spend the rest of their life together.

Posted by: Lee | Oct 23, 2012 3:52:12 PM

9. @ TED: the New York Times tends to favor public server over wealth in whom they choose to feature.

I agree that this was an expenditure was gratuitous and a major chunk of it should have gone to, say, making marriage legal in CA, or helping LGBT youth, or roasting the unicorn and feeding it to the homeless. Hopefully, they WON'T be making it into the NYT.

Posted by: David R. | Oct 23, 2012 4:06:46 PM

10. Truly Ass-pirational!

Posted by: john | Oct 23, 2012 4:39:13 PM

11. It is their wedding. Let them do what they want. I wish them a happy marriage.

Posted by: Dan | Oct 23, 2012 7:38:40 PM

12. Well, count me among the naysayers. I'm glad they got their dream wedding, but:

A.) This wedding makes the over-the-top, eyeball-inducing gay wedding in Sex and the City 2 look like a trip to the courthouse.

B.) NOM, AFA, Focus on the Family are going to use that unicorn photo for years. YEARS.

Posted by: finkles2000 | Oct 23, 2012 8:48:03 PM

13. Just in case anyone was wondering. I was serious about my star-studded wedding plan. After all, if a wedding is a straight person's chance to feel famous for a day, why shouldn't that apply to gay and lesbian couples?

Anything less would be a double standard.

Posted by: Tristram | Oct 23, 2012 9:50:50 PM

14. See? Homos can be tasteless a-holes too! You get marriage equality and it's a cartoon to you? This is what straight people will point to as a reason why gays shouldn't marry, and if this is all the reverence for love you two can muster, I agree in your case. Can't wait to see what you have planned for the divorce.

Posted by: StevenX | Oct 23, 2012 10:43:26 PM

15. this is why rich people need more taxes levied on their asses
    these dudes have way too much money
    they pray at the temple of more
    when so many have so little
    these two inhabit a world where this is OK
    what does this cost?
    over the top, over burdened and a show of bad taste in the fullest sense of the word
    and then they receive gifts ?
    why? so that they can have more stuff
    proves that queers are just as awful as straights

Posted by: jw | Oct 23, 2012 11:28:57 PM

16. Now please show us a home video of two boys with nothing but daisies, on a beach, in love and getting married despite their circumstances. I dare you.

Posted by: greg | Oct 23, 2012 11:52:26 PM

17. I'm sure they love each other...but seriously. In these times when people are living with their parents because they can't afford a home...this kind of excess from...well anyone...is bad form.

Posted by: Joe | Oct 24, 2012 1:58:16 AM

18. Congratulations! I hope your life together is filled happiness and love!

I loved the clip, hope there'll be more of them soon.
    And to all those who posted bitter comments: jealousy is an ugly thing.

Posted by: Peter M. | Oct 24, 2012 5:08:10 AM

19. @ Joe: Sure they paid a lot of money on things that strictly speaking were totally unneccessary, but guess who they paid? PEOPLE!! Weddings like this easily employ hundred people, if not more: party planers, cateres, waitors, musicians, interior designers, lights and sound people... If it weren't for weddings like this, there would be even more people with no job, living with their parents... This is the reason why studies show that gay marriage, leading to gay weddings like this one, boost the economy!

Posted by: Lee | Oct 24, 2012 5:25:31 AM

20. "something tell me that they didn't request charitable donations in lieu of gifts"

Afraid not. They're registered at Bloomingdales. You can still buy them the Waterford crystal wine glasses!

Posted by: endo | Oct 24, 2012 3:47:10 PM

21. If gay men having a wedding can't be over-the-top, silly, and yes a bit tacky, who can? This grousing smacks of political correctness which is simply a bore. We are gay. We have a tradition of flaunting it. Celebrating it. Decorating it. I want equality but not conformity. Much happiness.

I'm so looking forward to my wedding taking place in a New York cabaret spot, with entertainment by some major name singers who also happen to be dear friends. A Jewish/Russian Orthodox ceremony with grooms from two generations and two continents and a very mixed wedding party. Party!

Posted by: Bart | Oct 25, 2012 12:43:21 PM

22. Oh dear God, no. No. Hollyweird superficial "wackiness" is utterly disspiriting. I mean, who brands their own goddam wedding?

Posted by: Sir Priz'd | Jan 28, 2013 4:54:16 PM