Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Gay Marriage | News | Ohio

Ohio GOP Senate Candidate Josh Mandel Opposes 'DADT' Repeal and Marriage Equality But Promises to Stand Up for Gays: VIDEO

Mandel

Ohio GOP Senate candidate opposes LGBT rights but still believes he can to represent every single person in the state, Think Progress reports.

Said Mandel in debate this week:

On the military side, I disagree with [DADT repeal]. As far as the decision here in state of Ohio, I’m a supporter of marriage between one man and one woman. I believe in traditional marriage. At the same time, I want you to know I will do everything I can to represent every single person in the state of Ohio — all 11 and a half million people. Regardless of their background, regardless of their socioeconomic background, regardless of their race, their religion or any other characteristic…I’m going to be blind to race, religion, any other type of orientation here in the state of Ohio and when I go to Washington.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Jews for Jesus!

Posted by: anon | Oct 19, 2012 12:39:00 PM

2. How does a delusional fool like this get to run for office ?
    Shouldn't there be some exam they have to pass before putting their names up ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 19, 2012 12:51:08 PM

3. How does a delusional fool like this get to run for office ?
    Shouldn't there be some exam they have to pass before putting their names up ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 19, 2012 12:51:25 PM

4. How does a delusional fool like this get to run for office ?
    Shouldn't there be some exam they have to pass before puttingtheir names up ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 19, 2012 12:52:39 PM

5. Most people are unaware that Josh always wears frilly, lacey panties with "don't tread on me" printed all over them. Most nights he dry humps his Romney/Ryan yard banner. He told me once (at a leather bar) he has to be spanked by a heavy wooden paddle to achieve his full two inch erection. He lures hairy dominant daddy types by shaving his boyish body. When you take away his pacifier, he cries and begs for it's return. That's why he gets my vote for self loathing, deeply closeted gay politician.

Posted by: Jonathan | Oct 19, 2012 1:01:57 PM

6. Most people are unaware that Josh always wears frilly, lacey panties with "don't tread on me" printed all over them. Most nights he dry humps his Romney/Ryan yard banner. He told me once (at a leather bar) he has to be spanked by a heavy wooden paddle to achieve his full two inch erection. He lures hairy dominant daddy types by shaving his boyish body. When you take away his pacifier, he cries and begs for it's return. That's why he gets my vote for self loathing, deeply closeted gay politician.

Posted by: Jonathan | Oct 19, 2012 1:04:16 PM

7. This boy is obviously infected with Romnesia!

Posted by: Roman Bolliger | Oct 19, 2012 2:09:34 PM

8. It is laughable that the Koch Bros etc spent sooo much money on defeating Sen. Brown and backing this kid. As an Ohioan, I can tell you that anti-Brown ads have been running non-stop for well over a year by outside groups and lol, Brown will prevail! BIG waste of money.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 19, 2012 5:13:30 PM

9. What a cutie! I almost forgive him for being a bigot.

Posted by: Joe | Oct 19, 2012 5:16:58 PM

10. He was also booed last night when told Sen Brown to "calm down". Rthugs have a debate policy of aggression and rudeness this year.

Posted by: Mike | Oct 19, 2012 5:18:18 PM

11. Dude looks barely old enough to vote, much less run for public office.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Oct 19, 2012 7:32:50 PM

12. Please tell me this is a parody. Is Mr. Mandel for real???

Posted by: Javier | Oct 20, 2012 1:49:47 AM

13. According to fact checkers, Mandel has the same problem with truth that the national ticket does. He's also something of a Palin in that he's hoping to leave his job as Treasurer of Ohio before his term is over. (After promising to finish it before seeking another elective office...)

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Oct 20, 2012 10:14:59 AM