2012 Election | Lawrence O'Donnell | Mitt Romney | News | Tagg Romney

Lawrence O'Donnell Delivers Epic Rant Challenging Tagg Romney to a Fight, 'Anytime, Anywhere': VIDEO

Lawrence_odonnell

Lawrence O'Donnell delivered a blistering rewrite last night culminating in a challenge to Tagg Romney over his remarks that he wanted to "take a swing" at Obama during the presidential debate.

"So. You wanna take a swing at someone for calling your old man a liar? Take a swing at me. Come on. Come on. And don't worry. There won't be any Secret Service involved. Just us. And I'll make it easy. I'll come to you. Anytime, anywhere. Go ahead Taggart. Take your best shot."

The rant also hit Ann Romney for suggesting Mormon missions were an appropriate alternative to military service, Mitt's support for the Vietnam war and the draft, and his avoidance of the draft, the family's polygamous ancestry, and Mitt's suggestion that his sons were serving their country by helping him get elected in 2008.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. @LittleKiwi:

What basis do you have for believing that Tagg's comments were motivated by Obama's race, other than "I just KNOW it's right?"

Thought so... He's racist and it's about race because you want to believe it is, not based on any observable facts. You're a race-baiter.

Posted by: Jack | Oct 19, 2012 12:36:51 PM

2. @LittleKiwi:

Posted by: Jack | Oct 19, 2012 12:36:58 PM

3. @LittleKiwi:

Posted by: Jack | Oct 19, 2012 12:37:00 PM

4. Larry. You had a college deferment. Whats your point here.

Posted by: Michael Hughes | Oct 19, 2012 12:46:04 PM

5. Jack, i live in the real world. Get out and get aware.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 19, 2012 12:51:22 PM

6. @Jack: you are trying to reason with a demagogue. Good luck!

Posted by: andrew | Oct 19, 2012 12:56:29 PM

7. @LittleKiwi:

Your reality consists of your conjecture. Give me any evidence whatsoever. You clearly have none, and you just want to believe it's something about Obama being black.

I live in the real world, where one has to back up their statements instead of just saying "It's true because I know it to be so." It's you who needs to join reality.

Posted by: Jack | Oct 19, 2012 2:04:19 PM

8. @Charles

Sorry, but the Iran hostage crisis took place from Nov. 4, 1979 to Jan.20, 1981. NOT in the late 80s!

Many of us at the time felt that right-wingers helped delay the rescue of the hostages in order to sabotage Jimmy Carter's reelection bid.

And what did we get? Ronald Reagan, the man who said the U.S. had to stop manufacturing goods and go to a "service" economy!

Posted by: Palmer | Oct 19, 2012 2:10:19 PM

9. That was really stupid, as are most of the comments here.

And since when is it okay to say that a man is gay because you do not like them or their family or their political views? Don't schoolyard bullies say that boys they don't like are gay just because they don't like them? Gay men being homophobic like that isn't any different.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Oct 19, 2012 2:22:10 PM

10. The Romneys are low class rubes from the word go. This disrespect of the Presidency is just the latest example. Many people think that money buys class. It doesn't.

Posted by: Wilberforce1 | Oct 19, 2012 2:37:32 PM

11. Thanks, again, Little Kiwi. You keep speaking up. I don't have the energy. Thanks.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 19, 2012 2:49:05 PM

12. There is nothing likeable in a Romnoid. Nothing - not even in any one of them. Soon they will just be an ugly stain on American history, however. Yay!!!

Posted by: Geoff | Oct 19, 2012 2:50:27 PM

13. B*tch, please. I'll bet Tagg's never thrown a single punch in his privileged life.

Sasha or Malia could take him down without breaking a sweat.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Oct 19, 2012 2:57:52 PM

14. Just more of the hate-filled anti-American , obama butt lickin,Christian hating media with their panties in a twist.

Posted by: lamestream | Oct 19, 2012 3:27:22 PM

15. @ Little Kiwi :
    You're absolutely 100% correct....this piece of rich trash thinks his superiority is beyond challenge......and he has grown without paying any respect to anyone else outside his white rich class or even his country.

He should have learned some of French history when he was over there, especially 1789 and Place de la Revolution and what happens to bloated self important pompous a$$e$ like him, Tagggggg.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 19, 2012 3:55:23 PM

16. Taggart- I laughed.

Posted by: Bryan | Oct 19, 2012 4:10:17 PM

17. Tag baby is a punk, pure and simple. I wonder what he'd feel like if a gay man kicked his worthless ass. I'll make the same offer that Lawrence made. Any time, any place you little punk. Oh, I don't have any Secret Service protection either.

Posted by: John Simpson | Oct 19, 2012 4:54:43 PM

18. I still remember the pimpslap Lawrence gave young Jed Bartlett on the West Wing. Epic.

Posted by: Andrew | Oct 19, 2012 7:48:52 PM

19. @LAMESTREAM - "anti-American"? Give us a break! Why is it whenever you guys get called out on your stupidity it's "anti this", "anti that"? Quit acting like a whiny brat. Take personal responsibility for your actions, isn't that what the GOP preaches....for everyone else.

And "lamestream", how original!

Posted by: BETTY | Oct 19, 2012 8:18:26 PM

20. You call that journalism. What branch of the military was Obama in? Must have slipped my
    mind.

Posted by: Paula | Oct 19, 2012 8:19:51 PM

21. Good one, Paula. Why is no one commenting on that? Still want Obama to be president, though. That Lawrence is an ass.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Oct 20, 2012 12:57:28 PM

22. I find it interesting that this guy wants to call out Romney for not serving but he didn't serve himself. Boy, Harvard really knows how to put honor into their young men and women. As for the liberals that want to comment on this site you should educate yourselves before blindly believing everything you hear form the liberal media. I did serve, I do have honor, and I am a christian and I will still vote for Romney before I would vote for Obama.

Posted by: usmc1775 | Oct 20, 2012 2:46:48 PM

23. Larry-
    You, our twisted little liberal mouthpiece, the one who vomits pus from his pie hole, are nothing more than a gigantic, pile of dung and an assbag such as the world has never seen. Filthy, vile, crass, and probably hairless, you make me puke. Please, let our paths cross one day. Please.

Posted by: Big Mouth Cowboy | Oct 20, 2012 5:28:57 PM

24. Does not sound like Lawrence has ever served in the military... shame on him then for using such an argument... I served in the Army during the Vietnam war, my father served in the Navy during WWII, and my son served in Iraq... so that civilians would have the choice to serve or not... and not all presidents served in the military... Romney had LEGAL deferments whereas draft dodgers were ILLEGAL... those who served honorably would never denigrate those who have chosen not to serve in the military...

Posted by: Dan | Oct 21, 2012 9:50:51 AM

25. I know no one watches this tough guys show, does he need ratings that bad? Him and his pipe cleaner arms better go back and sit down before he gets hurt. I suggest a warm up match with His sidekick Rachial

Posted by: Da Hawk | Oct 22, 2012 5:27:55 PM