2012 Election | Mitt Romney | News

'Vanity Fair' Imagines Romney as a Young, Gay-Mocking Bully

Liberace_mitt

Good parody is never far from the truth.

Comments

1. Mitt Romney does seem like that type of guy. Getting joy by making fun of people who are different.

Posted by: Billy | Oct 23, 2012 3:49:05 PM

2. I'd hit it!

He reminds me of that guy from Empire Records.

Posted by: Fenrox | Oct 23, 2012 3:49:24 PM

3. Not surprised.

Posted by: Gigi | Oct 23, 2012 3:50:13 PM

4. F him and his golden tablets and Magic underwear

Posted by: Disgusted American | Oct 23, 2012 3:52:33 PM

5. And some would have been right there laughing with him--some who had a secret that wouldn't come out until years after Stonewall when it was safe.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 23, 2012 3:56:37 PM

6. I hate guys like Mitt as much as I hate my high school bullies. Guys like Mitt didn't torment us, but they always looked down and mocked on gay, women or minority . And yet, because of their social position, they are still able to get further in life even they are true assholes.

Posted by: jeremy | Oct 23, 2012 3:57:41 PM

7. to be fair to Mitt, this was before 1978, so he didn't believe God had changed His mind about black people yet.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 23, 2012 4:07:41 PM

8. This looks like a binder full of bigots.

Posted by: trees | Oct 23, 2012 4:24:34 PM

9. Disgusted American: This scene would make me wonder just how 'Mormon' Romney really is? While the church does not condone homosexuality, they also take a dim view of boorishness and place a premium on 'boyscout' good manners.

Posted by: peter | Oct 23, 2012 4:24:58 PM

10. While their "imagining" is probably accurate, countless people across the Net are reposting this picture thinking it's actually Romnuts.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Oct 23, 2012 4:26:39 PM

11. good point Kiwi! lol
    The Mormon re-write had yet to happen.

Has there ever been someone so entitled?
    Maybe that other great GOP rich kid cokehead George Bush.
    Mitt would even be a bigger disaster.

Posted by: Mike in nyc | Oct 23, 2012 4:33:19 PM

12. He makes me think of that SMU frat boy who forced the younger frat brother to perform oral sex on him. That's who Mitt reminds me of.

Posted by: Mitts OFF | Oct 23, 2012 4:48:13 PM

13. Thank you, Michael. I thought it actually was young Willard, but I did think his figure was a little too Twiggyish.

I'll blame it on my eyesight.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 23, 2012 4:50:59 PM

14. Was that caption about Mitt as Liberace put there by Vanity Fair staff? If so, I think it's homophobic. Vanity Fair appears to be one of these liberal rags that stoops to petty name-calling if it's politically useful.

Posted by: jason | Oct 23, 2012 5:42:39 PM

15. Good show, Jason, way to miss the point of the Vanity Fair article entirely!

They did too good of a job on this actually. It too me a few moments to figure out they were fake.

Posted by: Gregoire | Oct 23, 2012 5:50:22 PM

16. I look at Romney as a guy that does not give a snot about me as a person or as a gay man. I see his stuck up kids that wanna beat the snot out of the President as stuck up bigots and would call me a fag, then beat the hell out of me.

Posted by: Tim | Oct 23, 2012 6:11:52 PM

17. Hey guys, remember it's a fake story. That's not really Mitt, but its crazy easy to think of him acting that way.

Posted by: Billy | Oct 23, 2012 6:48:58 PM

18. OH PULEEZE , AT THAT AGE EVEN I WAS DOING MY FAG IMPRESSIONS OF FAMOUS FAGS . NO BIG DEAL. IN FACT I STILL DO A PRETTY MEAN LIBERACE MYSELF, INCLUDING PAUL LYNDE AND OTHERS. OH MARY, DIG MISS THING!

Posted by: THE QUEEN | Oct 23, 2012 6:51:28 PM

19. What shocks me the most is the thought that gay people are so single minded . . . .

Posted by: Andy P | Oct 23, 2012 8:45:16 PM

20. Shameful "journalism". Mabye they can get jobs working for Fox.

Posted by: andrew | Oct 23, 2012 8:48:19 PM

21. Mitt hasn't changed in forty years: Still pandering to his public, still not funny.

Posted by: Tristram | Oct 23, 2012 9:44:04 PM

22. this was a mistake by vanity fair. an intended one but still a mistake. in the world of blindly forwarding articles/pics/video, this was irresponsible. i agree with the sentiment. but irresponsible nonetheless.

Posted by: greg | Oct 23, 2012 11:49:57 PM