Angus T. Jones | Charlie Sheen | Evangelical Christians | News | Television

Angus T. Jones Apologizes for Trashing 'Two and a Half Men'

Two and a Half Men star Angus T. Jones has released a statement apologizing for statements he made in a video touting his Christian religious awakening and calling his show "filth" and urging viewers not to watch it.

Writes Jones: Angus_t_jones

I have been the subject of much discussion, speculation and commentary over the past 24 hours. While I cannot address everything that has been said or right every misstatement or misunderstanding, there is one thing I want to make clear. Without qualification, I am grateful to and have the highest regard and respect for all of the wonderful people on Two and Half Men with whom I have worked and over the past 10 years who have become an extension of my family.

Chuck Lorre, Peter Roth and many others at Warner Bros. and CBS are responsible for what has been one of the most significant experiences in my life to date. I thank them for the opportunity they have given and continue to give me and the help and guidance I have and expect to continue to receive from them. I also want all of the crew and cast on our show to know how much I personally care for them and appreciate their support, guidance and love over the years. I grew up around them and know that the time they spent with me was in many instances more than with their own families. I learned life lessons from so many of them and will never forget how much positive impact they have had on my life.

I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that.

As for Jones' status on the show:

Jones wasn't at the studio lot for a rehearsal on Tuesday. He's not scheduled to appear on the two episodes that are being filmed before the end of the year, said a person close to the show who spoke on condition of anonymity because Warner Bros. and CBS haven't commented publicly on Jones. His character has recently joined the Army and his airtime has been cut down.

And Charlie Sheen has commented on the Jones controversy, telling People, "With Angus's Hale-Bopp-like meltdown, it is radically clear to me that the show is cursed."

Comments

1. Copywritten in 350,000 words or less.

Posted by: DeeVee | Nov 28, 2012 8:54:31 AM

2. This is so stupid. Then why did he say what he said? More religious hysteria. Which comes and goes. And of course he's grateful at the same time, who wouldn't be? He's been living in a warm shower for years. What a fool.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 28, 2012 9:02:20 AM

3. nah, your remarks show your lack of intelligence, as indicative of being a brainwashed Christian lemming.

it's ok. you're not alone.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 28, 2012 9:05:16 AM

4. Time for the world to forget about him. And please, just cancel the freakin' show already.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 28, 2012 9:11:26 AM

5. Who gives a rat's ass about this deluded NeoChristian twit? If he wants to bite the hand that feeds him, let the show's producers and network deal with his insanity. Perhaps fulfilling a life of poverty vs. earning $350K an episode is the wake-up call this dumb kid needs.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Nov 28, 2012 9:12:41 AM

6. When are people gonna learn that the words "I apologize IF..." negate whatever apology they have or will present and turn it into a non-apology. A real apology accepts blame and responsibility and does not shift it to the hearer. All that work on a long speech is wasted -- his true feelings came out at "I apologize if..." FAIL

Posted by: Alex Parrish | Nov 28, 2012 9:13:43 AM

7. One MORE rider on the "I mis-spoke/didn't mean it" wagon.

Posted by: gregory brown | Nov 28, 2012 9:33:01 AM

8. To Jack M. Do you know how many people it takes to run a show, writers, producers, wadrobe, scenary, grips, etc, people with families, why put all those people out of work.

Posted by: misael | Nov 28, 2012 9:33:14 AM

9. read a story on this on Dlisted, where Michael K called him "Anus (typo but stays)" and that made me laugh at this story lol

Posted by: V-8 | Nov 28, 2012 9:33:17 AM

10. I would love to be in the room with the writers figuring how his character dies a filthy death....

Posted by: KuMiCu | Nov 28, 2012 10:13:10 AM

11. Misael, TV shows get canceled all the time and people move on. It's an occupational hazard.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 28, 2012 10:14:59 AM

12. "Please don't stop my paycheck or void my contract just because I'm a moron. When I said nobody should watch the show, I didn't mean I didn't want to get paid for making it."

Posted by: Lymis | Nov 28, 2012 10:40:07 AM

13. " I would love to be in the room with the writers figuring how his character dies a filthy death…."

Hey, have him join a religious cult and disappear entirely. Let art imitate life, because we'll never be hearing from this loser again.

Posted by: Lymis | Nov 28, 2012 10:42:42 AM

14. @LYMIS

Don't be so sure. Kirk Cameron and he might do some Talibangelist Bromance movie.

Posted by: Gigi | Nov 28, 2012 11:03:27 AM

15. The $350.000/episode apology tour.

Posted by: newz4i | Nov 28, 2012 11:13:43 AM

16. It's one thing being a resentful, ungrateful punk.....quite another to be so unfathomably stupid.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 28, 2012 11:17:51 AM

17. He's not really sorry. He wants the paycheck doing Two and a Half Men gives him. Pathetic kid, and I'm going back to not caring about him.

Posted by: Francis | Nov 28, 2012 11:26:21 AM

18. Yes, Angus dear, walk back that fundy-fanny of yours and proclaim "misstatements" as you realize that your show is your meal ticket. The ONLY meal ticket because after this, you're gonna need BabyJesus to help you get a job.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 28, 2012 12:24:28 PM

19. The writers will probably have him step on an IED. This idiot has his foot so far down his throat it's gonna come out of his ass.

Posted by: Mikey | Nov 28, 2012 12:39:25 PM

20. What really sucks is he was just getting to the age I was getting hot for him...

Posted by: Mikey Dallas | Nov 28, 2012 2:30:13 PM

21. I watched the video and feel confident in saying that he did not write this apology - it was crafted for him.

Posted by: Dc | Nov 28, 2012 2:40:17 PM

22. The boy is saying the context was different from what the media & Co. has been construing.
    And that whore-mongering druggie SHALL STFU!!!!!

Posted by: Iban4yesu | Nov 28, 2012 4:11:29 PM

23. The writers will ship him off the scene if there is another season - perhaps they can have him join a seminary with Uncle Charlie...

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 28, 2012 5:26:57 PM

24. Another example that too much money does things to one's mental well-being.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Nov 28, 2012 7:46:13 PM

25. I think he should go out on tour promoting his new demoninational "family." Based on the video shown earlier this week, he's just about the least articulate or effective spokesperson one could ever find.

Posted by: Steve Scarborough | Nov 29, 2012 8:27:40 AM