Gay Marriage | Ken Hutcherson | News | NOM

BigGayDeal.com

Anti-Gay Pastor Ken Hutcherson Says Equally Anti-Gay NOM Too Much Like The GOP, 'Old And White'

Hutcherson

Virulently anti-gay preacher Ken Hutcherson has been increasingly vocal in his disdain of "sissified" discrimination groups that he says are too soft on gay people, including the National Organization for Marriage.

Now Hutcherson is saying that NOM and their prominent allies are racist. From Christian Post.

[Hutcherson went] as far as to accuse some of the outside leadership of racism, and felt they were excluding him because he was African-American.

"When I knew my involvement was going to generate controversy, I offered to step back and suggested others who were on the front lines do so as well for the sake of unity. They refused, leaving me as the odd man out. If you look at them, they were all the same color with the same moderate views. It just didn't make sense why they would not include a person of color who was willing to fight."

"I believe there are conservatives of all colors, but the leadership from NOM, Focus and Mission Public Affairs, wanted to run being a moderate campaign where everyone felt warm and fuzzy. But we know that sin is never satisfied and always wants more. These guys just looked and acted too much like the GOP – old and white."

NOM big-wig Brian Brown called Hutcherson's comments "absurd and reckless" and "not true." "Pastor Hutcherson wanted to work on an initiative and not a referendum which we thought was the best method," Brown claimed.

So what about those cynical attempts to play on racial divides to weaken progressive groups? Was that not racist?

[via Good As You]

Comments

1. They're all miserable bitches on both sides.

Posted by: greenfuzz | Nov 18, 2012 7:53:54 PM

2. UFFDA, Andrew, Ratbastard and Rick all equal the same poster.

All have an unhealthy obsession with masculinity, berate and belittle fem gays, even in posts that have nothing to do with fem gays. Sorry but most gay men don't fixate on who is masculine and who is fem and go on crazy rants against fem gays. That these posters aboved mentioned constantly do tells me they are in fact the same person.

Posted by: GenuineCorel | Nov 18, 2012 8:00:12 PM

3. I don't think the gay community is fighting amongst itself as much as finding excuses for why it fights so feebly, why so many "unclockable" men choose to remain in the closet and on the DL, and why our communities are more easily identified by our fetishes than our families.

To men like Hutcherson, openly gay men look like red meat. The Hutchersons of the world admire, respect, and preach strength. The promote tough guys for being tough guys, not necessarily for their positive impact. An effeminate man in their eyes is a detestable thing; matching nicely with the biblical epithet "abomination". When you interpret some of their actions in light of this marshal attitude, some of what they do makes a lot more sense. Flawed and fruitless (pardon the pun), but consistent.

Posted by: R. Edward Travani | Nov 18, 2012 8:19:02 PM

4. It takes more courage to be a feminine man, to be proud of who you are, to face the world and NOT put on an act, to be true to your integrity, to be real with your spirit, your mannerisms, and your actions and to be happy than it does to be a caricature of an alpha poster child, all to please your surroundings. If you're truly masculine you don't care about someone who isn't. Because some gay men (who are insecure) need to feel like there is someone "lesser than" them, and less worthy of respect than them, they pick on fem gays. For they think ("I may put a penis in my mouth but atleast I'm not feminine") it helps them sleep better at night, THINKING there's a group beneath them. It's the same thought that enables homophobes insecure with their own being. They take out their insecurities on gay people to feel superior.

Posted by: Bacwonder | Nov 18, 2012 8:42:15 PM

5. It takes more courage to be a feminine man, to be proud of who you are, to face the world and NOT put on an act, to be true to your integrity, to be real with your spirit, your mannerisms, and your actions and to be happy than it does to be a caricature of an alpha poster child, all to please your surroundings. If you're truly masculine you don't care about someone who isn't. Because some gay men (who are insecure) need to feel like there is someone "lesser than" them, and less worthy of respect than them, they pick on fem gays. For they think ("I may put a penis in my mouth but atleast I'm not feminine") it helps them sleep better at night, THINKING there's a group beneath them. It's the same thought that enables homophobes insecure with their own being. They take out their insecurities on gay people to feel superior.

Posted by: Bacwonder | Nov 18, 2012 8:42:20 PM

6. one could easily argue, it's that machismo way of being and thinking that leads to so much friction and divide in this world. that masculine machismo man who is so proud, and so fixated on showing he's masculinity to the point of violence, threats and inhumane behavior that has cost the world and society so much division and violence. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Posted by: Greg Cali | Nov 18, 2012 8:44:40 PM

7. Poor boys, you really should go to the sites for you: Wantspablum.com, Boohoo.com. Wimps.org,
    Crymeariver.lol and all the rest where you can get your fill of clone.comfort. Democracy, variety and alternate opinions is no moe for you than trying to understand that one is not all.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 18, 2012 8:44:53 PM

8. Promoting hate, while crying about racism all to promote homophobia under a man made religion.....all these clowns need to die. And they need to die a slow painful death.

Posted by: Kyle | Nov 18, 2012 8:45:49 PM

9. @ Kyle
    Look at this fat bastardd. He's on his way to cancer, diabetes, and a stroke in due time. His hate is stemmed from being angry the gay community is far more well rounded and successful than his bigoted (unhealthy) self can be.

Posted by: Art Smith | Nov 18, 2012 8:46:47 PM

10. The irony of Hutcherson's rants is as rich as Bill O'Reilly's wishing for the days when the "real" Americans ran things and minorities weren't so uppity. As Jon Stewart said, O'Reilly has conveniently forgotten the "No Irish need apply" signs that greeted his forefathers in "the good old days."

The Biblical literalism that Hutcherson begs us to follow is the exact same doctrine that (what he sees as) the "real" churches used to protest against his parents' and grandparents' right to vote, eat in restaurants and go to schools.
    Now that the people who hated people like him have let him come to the table at all, he's anxious to be one of the insiders at the "hating" table, and wonders why they can't have unanimous agreement on exactly who qualify as the icky people.

Posted by: GregV | Nov 18, 2012 8:49:50 PM

11. UFFDA,
    you try to be different for the sake of being different, but being predictable in all your postings makes for a not so different persona. We can all pinpoint what you'll post. Your desire and need to "stand out" results in a weird obsession with always wanting to go against the grain. It's all for show and tell. You try to sell it off as "difference of opinion" but really...you just want to stand out and be different. We know you're self hating gay type. You look at the gay community from the outside in, green with envy of gay men who are comfortable enough in their own skin to surround themselves in the community, with other gays, and happily so. That kills you. You'll never be part of that, because within 2 seconds fo interacting with a miserable soul like you and your other alias on here (ratbastard) most well adjusted gay men would vomit. You'll never be accepted by the gay community, or the straight community. Hence why you desperately seek some validation by camping out on this site 24/7- literally 24/7. It's sad, pathetic, and tired.

Posted by: Art Smith | Nov 18, 2012 8:53:20 PM

12. @ UFFDA
    u think ur special for always making an anti gay narrative on here and agreeing with urself when u post as rick or jason, but really ur just being the homophobe we all know u to be. lol u really think thats not being status quo? please child. we know your tactics. it's lame. own up to all your different handles on here. and a gay man who doesn't have any gay friends sitting on a gay site every single hour of every day? do you have a terminal illness? lol let's hope so.

Posted by: Jackson | Nov 18, 2012 8:55:24 PM

13. Guys, ignore uffda. We all know by now he posts as Mary and possibly even Jason, although I'm not certain about that one yet. But given his melodramatic hissy fits and really bizarre obsessing of fem gays, I wouldn't be surprised if he is Jason. Either way, ignore the mentally disturbed on here. I agree that many great posters have moved on to other leading gay sites out there. Don't let the few remaining decent ones leave to on the account of some mentally disturbed old fart.

Posted by: Carlos-Miami | Nov 18, 2012 8:57:38 PM

14. GREGV...YOU NAILED IT!

You said exactly what I have always been trying to say about people like Hutcherson but am not articulate enough to say! THANK YOU! Best-post-of-the-week!

Posted by: Carlos-Miami | Nov 18, 2012 8:59:30 PM

15. Imagine that, being allowed to be prejudiced against gays and blacks? Is that allowed. Aren't there rules that you can only hate one group at a time? So the fat old black man now hates the fat old white men who hate the gays.
    Don't worry guys, there is enough of a cash cow in forwarding a hate agenda for all of your organizations to make money on. Then when you run out of stem on hate toward homosexuals, you can go bak to turning on each other.

Posted by: John | Nov 18, 2012 9:00:09 PM

16. @GregV
    I agree with every word you wrote. Very keen observations my friend.

Posted by: Art Smith | Nov 18, 2012 9:00:11 PM

17. Religion....the oldest dirtiest money making pyramid scheme in history.

Unite in the name of hate

Posted by: Alaxander | Nov 18, 2012 9:26:06 PM

18. Showing my age in the next post...

Just a quick word about PRIDE.

While I appreciate the personal strength of character it takes to live an authentic life - without a mask, without deception for who you are and how you move - we need to be honest about how it looks from the outside. Outside of the gay world (and the Special Olympics) pride is earned as a measure of achievement, superiority and requires a touch of external admiration. In others words, "legitimate" pride requires a 3rd-party judge to validate it or it means nothing. Even the most understanding straight people of my generation seem, to me, to view the pride of the femmes as a bit perverse and undeserved.

Now I get it from our side of the fence and do not seek to downplay the femmes who flipped-the-bird to rest of the world and went ahead being their own person. It's just a reminder FYI and reality-check.

Posted by: R. Edward Travani | Nov 18, 2012 9:27:30 PM

19. @genuinecorel: You may be little kiwi, since you are using his tactics, But whoever you are, get you f*cking facts straight. I have NEVER made any posts that " berate and belittle fem gays" nor have I ever posted any "crazy rants against fem gays". That is not the kind of person that I am. So take me off your f*cking list!!!

Posted by: andrew | Nov 18, 2012 9:29:08 PM

20. Any chance these threads can stay on topic?

This one is a bit confusing, since we don't know what was promised to whom. Hutch and NOM might have agreed to cooperate at some point, but it seems that now Hutch wants all the funding that's going to NOM to go to him because he's more anti-gay than they are. At least, that's how I read it.

Posted by: anon | Nov 18, 2012 9:33:56 PM

21. The slave cracking the whip on the slave master who used the slave to do his dirty work. Note the location in the picture, Liberty University in Lynchburg Virginia, part of the KKK South.

Posted by: Robert | Nov 18, 2012 9:40:44 PM

22. Good point and thank you for pointing out the need for clarification. I posted my remarks about PRIDE as a reminder how men like Hutcherson view and spin our political progress - weak, undeserved, artificial, degenerate. So long as our image is not the sort to stare this bloated thug down, Hutcherson and those like him have license to continue.

Posted by: R. Edward Travani | Nov 18, 2012 10:00:39 PM

23. It's really lovely seeing NOM, who laid out plans to cause division within the gay community between black and white gays, and between the gay community and black community, being accused of racism by Hutcherson, who they brought in to help them achieve that goal.

Can you say "irony"? I know you could! ;-)

I really don't "get" what the beef is about "effeminate" gays and the hostility toward them. Surely I'm not the only one who went to school with kids who had "gender-atypical" characteristics from day one. It wasn't something they chose, it's who they were. There were some that may have been transgender. And some of them took a LOT of sh*t and there's one thing you should know about "sissies." Many are the strongest people you'll ever meet because they had to be. If they didn't break they can't be broken.

And one thing I've noticed about the people I've met in person who are derisive of "femmes" is that they often have those qualities themselves. Just as many homophobes have gay tendencies, femmophobes project their self-loathing about their own "failure" of the masculine ideal out on others.

For myself, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it because I'm not going to POLICE myself and my actions to please others anyway, so why bother? I'm not femme and I'm not "butch" either. I'm just me. If you think I'm going to sit around sweating whether every word I say or my gestures fit some narrow ideal, you've got another thing coming. People sure as hell don't change what they say and how they act to suit ME, to suit gay people in general, so what kind of Bizarro-World fantasyland are you living in that you think I or ANYONE should act in certain ways for the comfort of YOU or anyone else?

Last I heard, nobody died and made a King of reality, so get over it. So gut up and live your life as you see fit and allow others to do the same. All the effort spent worrying about how you're perceived would be better spent on living your real life, whatever that means to you.

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 18, 2012 10:03:45 PM

24. OMG Jason, Rick, Mary, RatB, Uffda et al we've been found out. The pain of conflation!

Posted by: Guess Who | Nov 18, 2012 10:52:32 PM

25. This is great news. I hope it leads to fracturing of the groups and they have more and more infighting that takes time, resources and effort away from their stated goals. Idiots.

Posted by: princely54 | Nov 18, 2012 10:55:42 PM