Christmas | News | Pat Robertson

BigGayDeal.com

Pat Robertson: 'Miserable Atheists' Trying to Steal Christmas - VIDEO

Atheists_robertson

The war on Christmas has returned, Pat Robertson reminds us.

"Atheists don’t like our happiness, they don’t want you to be happy, they want you to be miserable...They’re miserable so they want you to be miserable.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. FYI, all Christmas traditions are stolen from earlier pagan festivals. Including the date.

Posted by: Steve | Nov 19, 2012 6:10:27 PM

2. It's so strange listening to him speak nowadays, because being brought up in a conservative Christian household and having seen his tv shows and sermons countless times I remember how wise his words used to sound to my brainwashed little ears, and how this fossil windbag's voice is now just unbearable. Watching a video of this pathetic waste of human skin makes me want to move to another planet (or an entirely different planetary system).

Posted by: Chris K | Nov 19, 2012 6:25:52 PM

3. I'm an atheist but I LOVE Christmas ! I hate all the religious bs of course but I love Santa, giving presents, the decorations and spending time with family and friends. I see it as a big party to help lift our spirits during the dark, cold winter months. I don't view it as a religious holiday.

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 19, 2012 6:44:46 PM

4. What is his rant a responce to?

Posted by: Lance | Nov 19, 2012 6:45:07 PM

5. Pat Robertson - King of Scapegoating !

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 19, 2012 6:46:15 PM

6. I love eggnog.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Nov 19, 2012 6:50:51 PM

7. Senile old coot says what?

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 19, 2012 6:54:51 PM

8. "They are miserable so they want you to be miserable."
    Sounds like the Religious Right to me!

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 19, 2012 7:04:46 PM

9. If I recall, it wasn't the atheists trying to convince me that everyone is evil and the world sucks and other such rot. Back under your rock, miserable religious filth! (redundancy, I know)

P.S.: Can the drama about holidays, OK? No one entity has ownership to them.

Posted by: Aulton | Nov 19, 2012 7:07:50 PM

10. well that was pretty funny.

i still don't know how one "steals Christmas", exactly.

you never hear the Jewish communities claiming that we're "Stealing Chanukah"

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 19, 2012 7:10:29 PM

11. Seriously.......there is a script for this *hit ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 19, 2012 7:14:40 PM

12. Who with a modicum of sense cares about religion? There's far too much information about Robinson, Graham Jr, and Perkins on this site.

Everything that they say is entirely predictable. Who cares? They don't like gays and say stupid things? Wow I'm shocked. Except that I'm not. What else are they going to say?

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 19, 2012 7:32:22 PM

13. I can't wait until they rerun "The Atheist Who Stole Christmas" on TV this year! A true holiday classic.

What a maroon!

Posted by: BETTY | Nov 19, 2012 7:39:08 PM

14. The only place that I read about this bible believer is on Towleroad. Hopefully the reason that you post his views is for comic relief and not because you think they matter.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 19, 2012 7:50:39 PM

15. Liberal Gay Christian here. I love the lights and spending what time I can with friends and family. I hate the commercialism of it all. I work in fine dinning so I miss out on the actual holidays. Wonder what is so hard about lighting the oven and throwing in a ham ? Some people pretend that their going out to eat on Christmas does not keep others from actually seeing family on Christmas. My Husband told me once that he cried himself to sleep on one Christmas eve. Another thing I really hate the about the Holidays is ads for cars and jewelry. Those really make me want to puke. It should all be about expressing love to the people in our lives. And if you believe you can celebrate it, or wonder what day of the year Jesus really was born on?

Posted by: Tom in long beach | Nov 19, 2012 7:54:45 PM

16. War on Christmas? I'd rather learn more about the waste of oxygen and energy every time people like Robertson open their mouths to say more vile and stupid things.

Pure fluff punditry to incite people over conflicts not happening. The fake outrage isn't even hot enough to be a viable energy alternative.

Posted by: kerwot | Nov 19, 2012 7:54:45 PM

17. @KIWI: He probably saw "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and thought it was a documentary.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Nov 19, 2012 8:56:41 PM

18. Having a terrorist group seize your town, burn your bibles and churches and force you to change beliefs would be a better description of a war or attack on religion. Besides there are three types of Christmas: Secular, Religious and the combo pack. Celebrate one, celebrate all, mix it like a bucket of chicken, do what you want.

Posted by: brett | Nov 19, 2012 9:19:23 PM

19. Pat Robertson doesn't seem too happy to me.

Posted by: john patrick | Nov 19, 2012 9:32:26 PM

20. @Little Kiwi: some Jews have a "Hanukkah bush". G-d help us.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 19, 2012 9:38:48 PM

21. Christian put on a fake smile and pretend they are happy, under that fake smile is are unhappy people who live with the lies they are told to believe because everybody else goes along with it, not because it really makes people happy. Most of what they force on people is lies to keep suckers under control so they give money to the church to control more people. It is a power money and trip, just ask the Pope and the Catholic church who are the richest group in the world along with the world bankers. It is all about power to control people and get paid to do it. They are one big fraud and a scam. If people ever woke up and stopped believing in their power and lies the Christians Churches would fold up like a house of cards. But evil men run these religions who use other men who are afraid of them and so they do their dirty work to keep the "faithful" down and stupid and believing stuff like the use to tell them like, the world is flat and you can fall off. That is how they use you like slaves to a lie. People could walk away free if they knew this but the evil powers keep the truth out of their hands and kill anybody who tries to expose these evil power trip dictators of religion.

Posted by: Ted | Nov 19, 2012 10:14:03 PM

22. Christmas has evolved into many things for many people, but at it's root, it's about the love and the spirit of giving.

Whether you believe in God/Jesus or not, it is a holiday that celebrates our human abilities to love and give each other symbols of that love on one special day each year.

By being accusatory and trying to deny ANYONE that ability... Pat, you're the Grinch in this scenario. Now, go back to sleep, gramps.

Posted by: johnny | Nov 19, 2012 10:24:15 PM

23. Dear Pat R.,
    I don't think it was the atheists who stole Xmas. It was probably the same folks who stole America, from the Republicans.

You may not get out much, but I have seen their bumper stickers saying "Take Back America" so I know it was stolen.

I hope you get over it faster than Mitt Romney did.

Best Wishes,
    A. Theist

Posted by: it's a crime wave | Nov 19, 2012 10:27:12 PM

24. They say "The good die young." 'nuff said.

Posted by: Jonathan OZ | Nov 19, 2012 10:29:47 PM

25. I'll say it for the umpteenth time: if the media would ignore Robertson, he'd fall into the obscurity he deserves.

Posted by: Brian | Nov 19, 2012 10:58:10 PM