Channing Tatum | News

BigGayDeal.com

Channing Tatum Named 'Sexiest Man Alive' by 'People'

TatumChanning Tatum is People's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012:

"My first thought was, 'Y'all are messing with me,'" says Tatum, who married actress Jenna Dewan-Tatum in 2009. "I told Jenna after we'd been in the bathtub washing our dogs because they'd gotten skunked."

Currently training to play an Olympic athlete in next year's Foxcatcher, Tatum is all heart and muscle at 195 pounds. "I like to be lean. If I get too bulky I can't move well and I like to move," he says. "When I'm not training, I get really round and soft."

Which is just fine by his wife. "People know him to be fun and sexy, but they don't know how emotionally deep and spiritually open he is," says Dewan-Tatum, 31. "He is such an open-hearted person; what you see is what you get."

Since I know everyone's been mulling their choices while waiting with bated breath for this announcement, who would you pick as the sexiest man alive?

Comments

1. HAHA @GSH's comment. Omar Sharif Jnr. Yeah, he's sooo fine, but c'mon! Seriously?

Posted by: Rafael | Nov 14, 2012 4:33:01 PM

2. REPLY TO GSH: Awww... Thanks!
    - Omar's manager

Posted by: S Castro | Nov 14, 2012 4:53:02 PM

3. The charming Mr Tatum deserves the honor- he not only loves flashing his perfect butt for his fans on screen but he is obviously a lot smarter in handling his career than many other male starlets.

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 14, 2012 5:34:20 PM

4. Lot's of jealous losers on this site now....

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Nov 14, 2012 7:14:57 PM

5. Is this a joke ? I'm sorry. I just don't see it. Sexiest man alive ? He's just average. I think the problem is these magazines have to pick a new man each year and they have run out.

He's not ugly by any means but I wouldn't look at him twice in the street. People get sucked into all this movie star crap and suddenly these average looking people are considered sexy.

My vote for sexiest man alive would be actor Terry Crews.

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 14, 2012 8:12:47 PM

6. Is this a joke ? I'm sorry. I just don't see it. Sexiest man alive ? He's just average. I think the problem is these magazines have to pick a new man each year and they have run out.

My vote for sexiest man alive would be actor Terry Crews.

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 14, 2012 8:12:51 PM

7. I saw "The Eagle" last night (late-night cable) with Tatum playing opposite Jamie Bell. The twink was way hotter.

Posted by: Way Hotter | Nov 15, 2012 11:25:16 AM

8. he's cute, but not the sexiest man alive. my vote still goes to Bradley Cooper

Posted by: william | Nov 15, 2012 9:16:12 PM

9. he's pretty, but so vanilla and sweet...its like an airbrushed marshmallow....not very substantial.

Posted by: epic | Nov 16, 2012 10:38:12 PM