BigGayDeal.com

News: NYC Donut, Just-in Beaver, Mary Bono Mack, Athena

RoadCarl DeMaio concedes in San Diego mayoral race.

RoadRaul Ruiz defeats Mary Bono Mack in the race for the 36th Congressional District.

RoadTester retains seat: "Montana Sen. John Tester successfully fought off a challenge from six-term Republican Rep. Denny Rehberg in a hotly contested race marked by heavy outside spending on negative advertising, CNN projects Wednesday."

DonutRoadMassive donut-shaped walkway proposed for airspace high over NYC's Grand Central Station.

RoadDonald Trump is pissed that Obama won, and pissed that Brian Williams said he "has driven past the last exit to relevance".

RoadThink Progress looks ahead to seven states that could be next in the battle for LGBT equality: Colorado, Minnesota, Rhode Island, Illinois, Delaware, Ohio, and New Jersey.

RoadPuerto Rico votes to pursue statehood.

RoadSignorile: "Gay mega history in the making..." - "The very ads pushed by  the enemies of gay rights, like the mastermind behind the antigay ballot measures, Frank Schubert, which claim you can support gay equality but be against gay marriage, no longer hold water. From now on, you're no friend to gays if you don't support full equality, and you're a bigot if you try to defend that position, as Mitt Romney did."

RoadTwo new TV spots released for Les Miserables.

RoadA shirtless David Gandy relaxes poolside.

JustinbeaverRoadJustin Bieber is not happy about the new Just-in Beaver sex doll.

RoadVictory Fund celebrates huge night for LGBT candidates: “This wasn’t incremental progress.  This was a breathtaking leap forward,” said Chuck Wolfe, president and CEO of the Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund.  “Tammy Baldwin’s victory in the face of tens of millions of dollars in super PAC spending against her is a testament to the enormous power of people who believe in and fight for progress, fairness and equality. LGBT candidates and their allies this year showed we are willing to engage fully in the political process to win the freedom we deserve.”

RoadVictoria Jackson responds to yesterday's election results: "America died."

RoadBrendon Ayanbadejo on the marriage equality wins: "I’m so stoked. It’s like I woke up and it’s Christmas."

RoadVIDEO: Anne Hathaway's Saturday Night Live promos.

Old_obamaRoadBloomberg Business ages Obama.

RoadThe National Weather Service rips the Weather Channel for naming the Nor'Easter 'Winter Storm Athena'. "In a blunt response, the organization released a statement saying they "do not use name winter storms" and asked others to refrain from using it."

RoadMarc Jacobs President Robert Duffy getting a divorce: "I'm getting a divorce," Duffy snaps. Profuse, mortified apologies are met with a more forgiving response: "You're the first journalist I've told. You can tell everyone I'm very happy. My daughter and I — we're doing good."

RoadVikings punter Chris Kluwe responds to Minnesota, marriage equality wins: "Together, we made a statement that America is tired of division. America is tired of discrimination, of exclusion, and of unthinking oppression—the belief that people have to live their lives according to someone else's views rather than their own free will. Together, we made sure that the world our children will grow up in is one step closer to tolerance, love, and equality; a world where our children can make their own choices instead of being shackled to dusty hate from the past."

Comments

1. Gotta love Trump. Proof that a straight man can be more of a drama queen than most gay men.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 7, 2012 4:18:45 PM

2. Awesome news about Bono Mack. Palm Springs deserves better than a representative who refuses to endorse marriage equality and who is married to another pol who ran (and fortunately also lost yesterday) as the anti-gay Republican nominee for U.S. Senate from Florida.

Posted by: Patric | Nov 7, 2012 4:54:40 PM

3. Bieber apparently has never heard of the Streisand effect. I expect sales will be brisk, mostly among people who don't even intend to use it to get off.

Posted by: Randy | Nov 7, 2012 5:01:23 PM

4. Although I'm pretty certain that it will mostly be given as a gag gift, the Bieber sex doll is really disturbing to me. I get weirded-out when people tell me they masturbated to g-rated pictures of me. Can you imagine someone producing a product like that without your consent? Creepy.

Posted by: jd | Nov 7, 2012 5:02:05 PM

5. If Brian Williams really said that about Trump, then he's an American treasure, which I think he is anyway.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 7, 2012 5:06:06 PM

6. @UFFDA, He did. The hubs and I couldn't stop cracking up about it when he said it. Brian Williams is awesome.

Posted by: David | Nov 7, 2012 5:10:37 PM

7. the walkway is kinda neat, but I wasn't aware GCT needed to be "restored to its former glory" -- Jackie did that a while back, didn't she? Now, Penn Station, on the other hand...

Posted by: Glenn | Nov 7, 2012 5:41:43 PM

8. The funniest sign on a tip jar I've ever seen was "Justin Bieber Assassination Fund"!

Enjoy your necrophilia, boys!LOL

Posted by: Iban4yesu | Nov 7, 2012 6:09:20 PM

9. Glad to see the back of Mary Bono Mack. She has been USELESS. Sonny Bono was USELESS too.

America needs to grow up and stop electing these failures just because they are famous. It never works.

Arnie, Reagan, Sonny Bono, Clint Eastwood - every one of them have been political disasters and left a trail of destruction for someone else to clean up.

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 7, 2012 6:29:39 PM

10. Are Bloomberg Business expecting Obama to have some kind of reconstructive surgery on his head during the next four years ? That picture doesn't look anything like Obama. The head is completely the wrong shape.

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 7, 2012 6:31:41 PM

11. re: Bono Mack. Maybe the voters finally realized that she moved to freakin Florida years ago, and doesn't even reside in Cali.

Posted by: Byron St. James | Nov 7, 2012 7:08:35 PM

12. Now as the dust of the conflict settles and we look around at the corpses of careers that might have been, it's gratifying to look at the makeup and the messages that are coming from each side. On the right we have la Trump and the great Conservative prophets Nugent, Rove and Morris burying the last shreds of their dignity and credibility, and on the other we have the noble and brilliant messages of Obama and Kluwe. I still don't trust Obama but choosing between his mythology and the Conservative's, there was just no question of the AmericaTM that I prefer to choose from the list. The makeup of the crowds at the rallies said it all. And there is no greater lesson about the soul destroying attachment to power than Donald Trump. He has every reason to be content, yet like all of his ilk, he hasn't one happy atom in all his realm.

Posted by: stranded | Nov 7, 2012 8:11:19 PM

13. Is Justin pissed because it's too lifelike or not lifelike enough?

Posted by: I wont grow up | Nov 7, 2012 8:20:38 PM

14. I understand why Justin Bieber is upset with the Just-In Bieber sex toy. Unless you're into being turned into a sex toy, that is objectifying and dehumanizing. I don't want to be turned into a toy and understand why he doesn't want to be either.

Those in the sex-money industry need to figure out boundaries. Just like you cannot have sex with someone without his or her consent, you also cannot turn his or her image into a sex toy.

Posted by: William | Nov 7, 2012 8:27:17 PM

15. Just-In-Beaver... I'll take a dozen. I'm tired of paper targets.

Posted by: Mommie Dammit | Nov 8, 2012 7:51:06 AM

16. Just-In-Beaver... I'll take a dozen. I'm tired of paper targets.

Posted by: Mommie Dammit | Nov 8, 2012 7:51:16 AM

17. I can't be the only one who thinks the Aged Obama looks a little like Nelson Mandela.

Posted by: Ryon | Nov 8, 2012 10:26:41 AM

18. @William: "objectifyling and dehumanizing"? Hasn't Justin done that enough to himself already?

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 9, 2012 7:06:20 AM