Football (American) | Gangnam Style | News | Sports | Washington DC

D.C.'s Gay Flag Football League Goes Gangnam Style: VIDEO

Dcff2

Washington D.C.'s Grapes of Wrath created a "Gangnam Style" video to win the first-ever DC Gay Flag Football (www.dcgffl.org) team video competition.

There's dancing, much goofiness, some lyric rewrites, and yes, a bit of skin.

Watch the Grapes get their Gangnam on, AFTER THE JUMP...

Dcff3

Comments

1. UGH!

Posted by: PolarBeast | Nov 13, 2012 8:41:57 AM

2. Let me admit that I have no idea what gangnam means but I will say this is one meme that's getting old really quickly.

Posted by: Butch | Nov 13, 2012 9:15:29 AM

3. Have we not learned anything from "The Macarena"?

Any time there is a new dance craze that got started by some middle-aged ethnic body, don't walk, RUN AWAY!!!

I have never... EVER allowed myself to watch "Gangnam Style" for that reason, and for those who insist on promoting it... really? I mean... REALLY?

Posted by: 99% | Nov 13, 2012 9:27:33 AM

4. Absolutely awful

Posted by: ohlord | Nov 13, 2012 9:48:58 AM

5. This is what happens when you take arts education out of the schools. Whatever happened to the days when gays liked opera, literature, and the intellectual life?

Posted by: busytimmy | Nov 13, 2012 10:10:26 AM

6. Video competition? What about a football competition? I thought they were a football team.

Posted by: anon | Nov 13, 2012 10:30:50 AM

7. I just put it on mute and watch the eye candy lol its easier to digest that way.

Posted by: Terry | Nov 13, 2012 10:33:12 AM

8. LOL @BusyTimmy
    I would have been happy just to see it done more artfully and sung in a more listenable way. I had to stop it after a couple minutes because my ears were bleeding.

Good couple rule for internet viral videos: just because you can, doesn't mean you should. And put the camera on a tripod. (maybe a third one for this video: use an autotune plugin if you have to)

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 13, 2012 10:35:06 AM

9. @Butch: 'Gangnam' is the affluent high-rent district in Seoul, South Korea. Some of the versions of the song are actually very well done - the Navy version comes to mind.

Posted by: robert | Nov 13, 2012 10:44:42 AM

10. Tacky as hell. This is nothing more than Macarena of this decade.

Posted by: Red | Nov 13, 2012 11:02:51 AM

11. Cute. It was done by the DC Flag Football league, and met or exceeded expectations ;)

Posted by: MammaBear | Nov 13, 2012 11:42:10 AM

12. I realize that took a lot of work, but oof, it's bad.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Nov 13, 2012 1:22:38 PM

13. And P.S. - This whole Gangnam style thing has officially jumped the shark.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Nov 13, 2012 1:24:16 PM

14. To all the negative commenters: Jeez, people, take a 'lude and relax. They were just having fun.

It's the internet, some videos hit, some miss, at least they're out there trying.

I would like to personally apologize to Patrick M. for what I will do to him in my dreams tonight...

Posted by: CMLion | Nov 13, 2012 1:25:15 PM

15. It just seemed like fun to me. Have no problem with it.

Posted by: Mikey Dallas | Nov 13, 2012 1:54:18 PM

16. It's really bad, and far too long to watch the whole way thru. That said, it captures the rigid/boring nature of Washington, D.C. men very well. God bless them!

Posted by: James | Nov 13, 2012 5:13:44 PM

17. horrible

Posted by: 14thStreet | Nov 13, 2012 8:31:02 PM

18. I would like to just say that we weren't and aren't trying to go viral. We indeed were having fun amongst ourselves. Not trying to gain celeb or the popular vote, just harmless fun for a video competition within a football competition. And no the video is not professional done, lyrics, choreography, setting and because everyone has a day job.... from lawyers, to teachers, to economist and more.....its not perfect but fun. We all had fun making it. The "only" comment that tickled me was the comment about DC and its boredom. Obviously you must live in a lonesome cottage in the agrestic south. Lame!!!! Good day folks, and God Bless.

Posted by: YOLO | Nov 14, 2012 12:37:59 PM

19. I would like to just say that we weren't and aren't trying to go viral. We indeed were having fun amongst ourselves. Not trying to gain celeb or the popular vote, just harmless fun for a video competition within a football competition. And no the video is not professional done, lyrics, choreography, setting and because everyone has a day job.... from lawyers, to teachers, to economist and more.....its not perfect but fun. We all had fun making it. The "only" comment that tickled me was the comment about DC and its boredom. Obviously you must live in a lonesome cottage in the agrestic south. Lame!!!! Good day folks, and God Bless.

Posted by: YOLO | Nov 14, 2012 12:38:03 PM

20. I would like to just say that we weren't and aren't trying to go viral. We indeed were having fun amongst ourselves. Not trying to gain celeb or the popular vote, just harmless fun for a video competition within a football competition. And no the video is not professional done, lyrics, choreography, setting and because everyone has a day job.... from lawyers, to teachers, to economist and more.....its not perfect but fun. We all had fun making it. The "only" comment that tickled me was the comment about DC and its boredom. Obviously you must live in a lonesome cottage in the agrestic south. Lame!!!! Good day folks, and God Bless.

Posted by: YOLO | Nov 14, 2012 12:38:05 PM

21. I would like to just say that we weren't and aren't trying to go viral. We indeed were having fun amongst ourselves. Not trying to gain celeb or the popular vote, just harmless fun for a video competition within a football competition. And no the video is not professional done, lyrics, choreography, setting and because everyone has a day job.... from lawyers, to teachers, to economist and more.....its not perfect but fun. We all had fun making it. The "only" comment that tickled me was the comment about DC and its boredom. Obviously you must live in a lonesome cottage in the agrestic south. Lame!!!! Good day folks, and God Bless.

Posted by: YOLO | Nov 14, 2012 12:38:06 PM

22. I would like to just say that we weren't and aren't trying to go viral. We indeed were having fun amongst ourselves. Not trying to gain celeb or the popular vote, just harmless fun for a video competition within a football competition. And no the video is not professional done, lyrics, choreography, setting and because everyone has a day job.... from lawyers, to teachers, to economist and more.....its not perfect but fun. We all had fun making it. The "only" comment that tickled me was the comment about DC and its boredom. Obviously you must live in a lonesome cottage in the agrestic south. Lame!!!! Good day folks, and God Bless.

Posted by: YOLO | Nov 14, 2012 12:38:08 PM

23. I would like to just say that we weren't and aren't trying to go viral. We indeed were having fun amongst ourselves. Not trying to gain celeb or the popular vote, just harmless fun for a video competition within a football competition. And no the video is not professional done, lyrics, choreography, setting and because everyone has a day job.... from lawyers, to teachers, to economist and more.....its not perfect but fun. We all had fun making it. The "only" comment that tickled me was the comment about DC and its boredom. Obviously you must live in a lonesome cottage in the agrestic south. Lame!!!! Good day folks, and God Bless.

Posted by: YOLO | Nov 14, 2012 12:38:12 PM

24. Please, feel free to come down and enjoy the football activities in DC this Sunday, I promise there will be no gangnam style and that you can meet the crossfit guy....

Posted by: YOLO | Nov 14, 2012 12:40:25 PM