Kelly Clarkson | Music | Music Video | News

Kelly Clarkson's 'Catch My Breath' Video: WATCH

Clarkson

"Catch My Breath" is the sort of easily digestible, unchallenging Kelly Clarkson radio pop that has made her a superstar. Her new video follows that formula.

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "Here, this is tepid. Enjoy."

Posted by: Mehmories | Nov 12, 2012 9:46:35 AM

2. Riiight...music is only good if no one wants to listen to it.

Posted by: Jack | Nov 12, 2012 10:15:27 AM

3. Agree with Jack, but please continue vilifying the Republican who voted for Obama because of her gay friends and promoting Rhianna who performs with musicians urging violence against you.

Posted by: John | Nov 12, 2012 12:33:28 PM

4. Somewhere after her highly successful sophomore album, Kelly seems to have lost a bit of a momentum. She is undoubtedly still one of the best voices out there but she has not been able to establish an identity to her sound. She went from classic pop to slightly grungier sound with My December (which was a flop) and then back to a more contemporary album with All I Ever Wanted. She managed to churned out some decent hits along the way but nothing really memorable or successful. Stronger was definitely an attempt to try to recreate the success that Breakaway had but still fell short with only 2 top ten hits.
    Personally, I really don't think that this single is going anywhere in the charts. It's a good song but feels very out of its time - this sounds like something I would hear on the radio back in the early to mid 2000s. It just seems like a safe bet for her and I would like to see her do something a bit more different - even experimental. She can sing and we know that so it's how she uses her voice. I think we haven't seen the real Kelly yet.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Nov 12, 2012 1:34:41 PM

5. Thank you, Gayalltheway, for your insightful and non-lazy analysis of the song and her career trajectory. I agree with many of your points and would like to see her get away from the studio writers and create something new and dynamic.

Posted by: Jack | Nov 12, 2012 2:03:19 PM

6. Am I the only one who thinks that most of her songs sound the same? Good voice, but the high school pop-rock stuff is getting boring.

Posted by: Plain | Nov 12, 2012 4:03:26 PM

7. I love Kelly and this song! My niece sang "A Moment Like This" at my second wedding. (My husband and I have been married four times with the last one being legal in California.) Kelly can do no wrong by us!

Posted by: Gary | Nov 12, 2012 4:58:55 PM

8. I love Kelly and this song! My niece sang "A Moment Like This" at my second wedding. (My husband and I have been married four times with the last one being legal in California.) Kelly can do no wrong by us!

Posted by: Gary | Nov 12, 2012 4:58:57 PM