David Pakman | Gordon Klingenschmitt | News

BigGayDeal.com

Former Navy Chaplain Says Marriage Equality Wins a Sign of the End Times, Americans Turning to Satan: VIDEO

Klingenschmitt

Radio host David Pakman welcomed anti-gay activist and former Navy chaplain Gordon Klingenschmitt on to his show to get his reaction to the marriage equality wins in the past election.

Said Klingenschmitt:

"I think this confirms something that Jesus said - that broad is the road that leads to destruction and many enter into it. But narrow is the road that leads to eternal life and only a few find it. So I wouldn't be surprised if most people in America voted against God and against God's values if that wasn't a confirmation of something that Jesus predicted would come in the End Times, that there would be a massive rebellion against God, that people would turn to Satan, that people would have all kinds of sin and embrace sin as the law of the land. I'm not surprised that this is happening eventually. I'm just saddened that it's happening so soon to America."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

In related news, Klingenschmitt also made the rounds to City on a Hill radio, where he discussed Sen. Al Franken’s Student Non-Discrimination Act as well as gay adoption and equality in the military, Right Wing Watch reports.

He warned that the Obama administration will soon allow gay and lesbian service members in relationships to collect “homosexual bonus pay” and “homosexualize base houses” and “have gay pride parades on the flight line” on air force bases. Klingenschmitt went on to maintain that gay couples adopting children are committing “child abuse” and only adopt with the goal of “recruiting them into the homosexual lifestyle.” “That’s why they’re trying to get into our kindergarten books and trying to take over our public schools and homosexualize our public education so that they can recruit children into homosexuality and maintain their pool of available sex partners for their own progeny,” he said, “which is our children that they are stealing and warping their minds.”

More on that here.

Comments

1. oh lordy.

first, ask any "Satanist" - even THEY don't believe in "Satan"

second, if ya wanna get biblical about it, the end of times will come from people valuing wealth and material possessions and greed over generosity and compassion.

Sodom aint about gays, folks. it's about the hoarding of wealth.

it aint a real story, but even as fiction that's what it's about.

btw, any other gays out there who were, like me, raised by heterosexuals in an overtly heterosexual environment and a school system that still taught about heterosexuality, with no mention of homosexuality, and yet still ended up gay?

i can't be the only one.
    ;-)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 14, 2012 7:50:01 PM

2. Fresh after a pounding at the election the right wing continue to lurch further to the right. They are just too dumb to see what they are doing. I hope they keep up this insanity so the Democrats can pick up lots of seats at the midterms and that would mean gay marriage on a FEDERAL level ! Yippee !

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 14, 2012 7:52:48 PM

3. brilliant. loved it. It's funny how these people still need to be told that being gay isn't a choice, I'm glad he said that several times because this guy shouldn't have ignored that.

Posted by: NeverEclipsed81 | Nov 14, 2012 8:02:44 PM

4. The way most Americans have chosen is to vote against equal marriage (30+ states). A few (4) just voted in favour of it. By his logic the "narrow" path is equal marriage. I guess that is what God wants!

Posted by: Keith | Nov 14, 2012 8:04:32 PM

5. This is exactly why Catholicism should and needs to be abolished in this country. Thank goodness Navy chaplain Gordon Klingenschmitt is now a FORMER Navy chaplain.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Nov 14, 2012 8:32:40 PM

6. I am glad he is not my chaplain. I am also Glad any one who is as persecutive as he is would never even graduate from a Clinical Pastoral Education class (required for most Chaplains) let alone a well rounded contemporary school of theology.
    I wish the news media would stop lifting up these conservative nut Jobs as the voice of faith in america today. It is not. It is not my christian faith nor is it anywhere near whatmost christians, I know, believe.

Please look up Dr. Robert E. Goss, Look up Rev. Troy D. Perry, and look up Fr. John McNeil. Please interview educated Christians who proclaim a loving god who is calling us to be exactly who we are gay Straight, Bi,k Trans, Inter-sexed, queer, fem, butch, leather, vanilla, artistic, nerdy...we are all children of a loving god.

Posted by: Rev. Joseph Shore-Goss | Nov 14, 2012 8:35:27 PM

7. Jeez, the captions are comically bad...as perplexing as the chaplain's "logic."

Posted by: SC David | Nov 14, 2012 8:52:44 PM

8. Weird, I thought that THIS:

was a sign of the end times.

Posted by: Miguel R. | Nov 14, 2012 9:03:22 PM

9. Yes, we must look at ALL our public policy rules and laws with an eye on whether 'the boogeyman will git us' if we pass them.

F*ckwit.

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 14, 2012 9:12:17 PM

10. Miguel, thanks for that. Did she rise out of brimstone?

Posted by: trees | Nov 14, 2012 9:44:00 PM

11. David Packman is Sooooo cute. I know, I know, just saying.

Posted by: jleo71 | Nov 14, 2012 10:07:25 PM

12. Remember that this is the same "man" who when he was still in the Navy "counseled" a lesbian rape victim by laughing in her face and performing an exorcism on her. He was very proud of that.

Posted by: Steve | Nov 14, 2012 10:10:50 PM

13. Klingenschmitt - With a name like that, I wonder what we would find if we looked into his family history.

Posted by: kilngenshit | Nov 14, 2012 10:12:19 PM

14. Klingenschmitt - With a name like that, I wonder what we would find if we looked into his family history.

Posted by: kilngenshit | Nov 14, 2012 10:12:20 PM

15. Is it safe to say that Klinger, here, was discharged from the military under a "Section 8"? Crazy talk like this would have him in cuffless white shirts for a protacted period - I doubt that modern medicine could do anything for him.

Posted by: Hue-Man | Nov 14, 2012 10:14:34 PM

16. The End Times are the wet dream of all Christians. It means the second coming of Christ where he will rule over all nations for 1000 years. It will bring in perfect peace and blah blah blah.

You would think that they would be thanking us for hastening that.

Posted by: Randy | Nov 14, 2012 10:34:51 PM

17. This was very entertaining. Though I got to say I would NEVER give this CREEP my address.

Posted by: Gast | Nov 14, 2012 10:47:55 PM

18. That crazy defender of child rape should never have been allowed in the military in the first place. Why is that terrorist not put away yet?

Posted by: Aulton | Nov 14, 2012 10:53:19 PM

19. It IS the end times--the end times of old straight white men telling everyone else how to live their lives.

Posted by: MajorTom | Nov 15, 2012 12:16:53 AM

20. I checked-out Klinigenschmitt's "Prayinjesusname.org" website. There's no clue about what kind of church he's affiliated with. Indeed, there's no statement that he was ever ordained by a recognized religious denomination. Regent University was founded by Pat Robertson, the TV evangelist.

Some of the Towleroad commentators have used Klingenschmitt to bash the Catholic Church. It does not appear that he is a Catholic. Probably, he is a fundamentalist Protestant--the kind who believe that each word of the Bible is literally true.

Posted by: ernstroehm's ghost | Nov 15, 2012 1:47:17 AM

21. I'm just saddened that it's happening so soon to America."

Posted by: Bo Schaefer | Nov 15, 2012 2:17:46 AM

22. What an assclown. Catholic or not, this guy needs to be institutionalized.

And, btw, the cult of catholics can suck it. They're nothing more than a money-making cult with sick old white guys at the top.

Posted by: johnny | Nov 15, 2012 7:57:41 AM

23. When do we start filing Defamation of Character suits against people like this?

Posted by: RHR IN TN | Nov 15, 2012 8:20:19 AM

24. Where do I sign up for the homosexual bonus pay?

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 15, 2012 8:58:32 AM

25. David Pakman is so cute I can't stand it.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 15, 2012 10:00:19 AM