Gay Marriage | News

Straight Men and Lesbians Respond to 'Gay Men Will Marry Your Girlfriends': VIDEOS

Response

Earlier this month there was a viral video warning to straight men from a group of gays: support marriage equality or we will marry your girlfriends.

Now a group of straight men is saying "please do!" And a group of lesbians is presenting a response to the response.

Check them both out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Here we go AGAIN. Everyone copying Gay men.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Nov 26, 2012 12:31:25 PM

2. F*cking nuts!

Posted by: Rick | Nov 26, 2012 12:48:45 PM

3. F*cking nuts!

Posted by: Rick | Nov 26, 2012 12:48:48 PM

4. @Sargon Bighorn: That's to be expected; we're innovators. At least, though, we can't be blamed for the mullet.

Posted by: fritzrth | Nov 26, 2012 12:54:16 PM

5. Strange, the straight men were more like the gay men I know than the one-sided stereotypes from the gay clip; and more diverse.

Posted by: fritzrth | Nov 26, 2012 12:56:03 PM

6. The straight guys make a strong point

Posted by: Mikemike | Nov 26, 2012 1:02:25 PM

7. Love both of the vids!

Posted by: Luke | Nov 26, 2012 1:11:35 PM

8. When I saw the gay video my first thought was "do these guys actually KNOW any straight men". lol. Most straights I know have ZERO interest in getting married. This video was the obvious response. Duh. And yes, it kinda sucks that straight guys always seem to make everything they do look cool.

Posted by: Marty | Nov 26, 2012 1:21:24 PM

9. Funny, I think I'll take a pass on this marrying your girlfriend deal. Just don't blow my boyfriend in the park. Peace

Posted by: Gast | Nov 26, 2012 1:22:07 PM

10. Totally agree with Marty. Thats exactly what I thought when I saw the gay vid. This was a really funny response.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 26, 2012 2:12:15 PM

11. Per usual, lesbians were a total fail.

Posted by: Syncron | Nov 26, 2012 2:29:06 PM

12. And out of the mouths of babes.......comes the usual stereotypes that gay men are supposed to be......yawn , boys !!!

Nah, you guys are stuck with them, the "chicks" !! But good luck to you straight guys ......
    I even have some straight friends and they're perfectly normal.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 26, 2012 2:35:09 PM

13. Sorry, straight guys, the women I've talked to would only want a three-way with two guys. Two problems: they aren't into other women and there's only one penis and too many places to put it.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 26, 2012 2:36:50 PM

14. Lesbians often marry men and have their babies. That''s because a woman doesn't need to be aroused in order to have sex.

Posted by: jason | Nov 26, 2012 2:54:38 PM

15. Jason is clearly just phoning in his trolling at this point. I was expecting a lot more vitriol from him.

Posted by: MateoM | Nov 26, 2012 5:35:06 PM

16. Beyond the humor is substance; another indication that "straight" men are beginning to see the total folly of attaching themselves emotionally to women and becoming dependent on them.

Given that marriage has become a throwaway institution, what is the point of any man attaching himself to any woman--who will never understand him, with whom he has nothing really in common and does not really like being around, and who is generally a nagging, possessive pain-in-the-@ss.

Once men completely liberate themselves from any attachment to women, then feminism will fall.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 26, 2012 6:01:15 PM

17. And then what, Rick? Women will all go extinct and men will learn to reproduce asexually? Or women will be sequestered household slaves again like they were in ancient Greece, which you always seem to be praising? Describe what your misogynist paradise will actually LOOK LIKE. Put it into print, try to form your bizarre, indistinct fantasies of a society "free" of women into words, and then you will be forced to see how ridiculous those fantasies are.

Posted by: Dan B | Nov 26, 2012 6:36:55 PM

18. "Women will all go extinct and men will learn to reproduce asexually? Or women will be sequestered household slaves again like they were in ancient Greece, which you always seem to be praising?"

My personal preference would be for marriages to be based, as they traditionally were and still are in many cultures, on practical considerations and for "romantic love" to be discarded as the artificial nonsense that it is.

And that women would focus on the proper care of children, as they were intended to, leaving men free to spend almost all of their social time with each other--as just about all of them would prefer to do anyway.....and to hold the power that they were intended by nature to hold and to exercise.

Pretty simple, really....and entirely workable.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 26, 2012 7:25:28 PM

19. I see Rick went with the "slave" answer which he considers "entirely workable." And here I thought I was succeeding at using hyperbole.

Well Rick, unlike ancient Greece, we've got telephones, radio, TV, the internet, multiple forms of birth control, widespread female literacy, modern gynecological care, democracy, and women are even considered to be "humans" with "rights" by the UN and the constitutions of most of the worlds countries. Somehow I doubt the womenfolk will just go along with your vision, but I'm sure you have a plan for that too.

Posted by: Dan B | Nov 26, 2012 7:42:22 PM

20. "Somehow I doubt the womenfolk will just go along with your vision, but I'm sure you have a plan for that too."

Ask the "womenfolk" of Iran what choice they had when the "menfolk" of Iran decided en masse that they had had enough of Western feminism.

Men as a group can make women as a group do whatever they want them to do whenever they want them to.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 26, 2012 9:49:17 PM

21. My mother was a terrible cook and a terrible woman and, according to my father, never cleaned her anus out before he pentrated her anally. I, however, was always sure that I was filled up with eggplant puree. He liked the texture, you see.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 26, 2012 9:58:11 PM

22. Whoever posted this disgusting comment about Rick's mother and father is one psychologically sick individual.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 27, 2012 1:06:22 AM

23. The gay men were as laughable as their proposal. The straight men were more like normal, as in regular, gay guys than anyone except sensible straight guys who think gay guys are fine and know how to return a joke with style and generosity. Puzzlingly, women don't come off as very appealing to anyone, which is sad, the reason being that no one is talking about actual love and the depth of feeling that can exist between any two people who are capable of it.

Best part: the straight guys who seem just fine with the gay ones - though probably not the ones we actually see with their fruity voices and precious little affectations. Good God I'm so sick of being represented by these a clone clowns.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 27, 2012 1:25:15 AM

24. "Good God I'm so sick of being represented by these a clone clowns."

You are one of the many things wrong with the LGBT community. You cannot even accept other gays because you find them too effeminate. We get enough straight guys telling us not to act like that, we don't need you doing it too.

Go To Hell.

Posted by: Andrew | Nov 27, 2012 3:43:31 AM

25. The gay vid was silly and funny.
    The straight vid was cool and funny.
    The lesbian vid was totally a failure. They just seemed like spiteful, man-hating bitches.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Nov 27, 2012 5:40:40 PM