BigGayDeal.com

Nate Silver Talks Shop At Google HQ: VIDEO

Natesilvergoogle

Nate Silver, the world's most beloved statistician, stopped by Google's California headquarters to discuss his new book, The Signal and the Noise is The Soul of a New Machine for the 21st Century, how to deal with internet trolls and why past prediction models no longer apply in today's world.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. He's very knowledgeable, right?

Posted by: Louis | Nov 29, 2012 10:35:27 AM

2. He's very knowledgeable, right?

Posted by: Louis | Nov 29, 2012 10:35:31 AM

3. *instant boner!*

Posted by: Stevie | Nov 29, 2012 11:56:04 AM

4. He cracks me up when I see him in interviews. His hands will not stay still, they are failing and moving all over the place, lol. He is very expressive.

Posted by: justandra | Nov 29, 2012 12:10:50 PM

5. Yep. Geek is the new sexy.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 29, 2012 12:52:40 PM

6. I wanted to watch this, but I just couldn't take all the "rights".

Posted by: Eric | Nov 29, 2012 4:56:11 PM

7. I wish Eric hadn't mentioned the "right" stuff. I was reading the comments and listening to the video when I read it. Now, that's all I can hear and it's becoming annoying. Right?

Posted by: SteveK | Nov 29, 2012 5:14:49 PM

8. I wanted to watch this, but I just couldn't take all the "rights".

It's his version of "like" i.e. I wanted to, like, enjoy this but, like, I couldn't.

Or: youknowhatImean?

He's totally adorkable but he really should run a comb through his hair once in a while.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Nov 29, 2012 9:47:09 PM

9. (long sigh) I love Nate Silver. I'm with Stevie. I can even deal with his "right". It's probably because I have developed an aversion to "OK", "um", and a few others but not (yet?) to "right".

I think part of his adorkableness is that he doesn't run a comb through his hair that often. Maybe I need to turn in my gay card.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 30, 2012 5:09:00 AM