Brazil | News | Reality TV | Television

BigGayDeal.com

The One with the Elevator, The Creepy Girl, and The Doll: VIDEO

Elevator

Brazilian TV prank shows are so much more fun than American ones.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Ha this is only second to Just 4 laughs.

Posted by: Gast | Nov 27, 2012 7:55:36 AM

2. My worst nightmare with a twist.

Posted by: johnny | Nov 27, 2012 8:18:00 AM

3. Hilarious. I agree with the first comment that the Canadian series Just 4 Laughs is magnificent, too. Why can't we get it in the USA?

Posted by: Ken | Nov 27, 2012 8:18:29 AM

4. Hopefully they give these people mental and physical health checks before they subject them to this sort of thing. A person could suffer a heart attack and die...Or the mentally unstable could completely lose their last grip on sanity.

Posted by: Quest | Nov 27, 2012 8:39:57 AM

5. @KEN We do, it's all over YouTube: JustForLaughsTV

Posted by: Gast | Nov 27, 2012 8:45:45 AM

6. While I agree with Quest that this prank is potentially very dangerous to those it's pulled on, that is the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Nov 27, 2012 11:53:14 AM

7. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Posted by: bendskier | Nov 27, 2012 3:55:22 PM

8. I'm concerned about the welfare of the kid. Thank heaven none of the people hauled off and smacked her as an assailant.

Posted by: Rrhain | Nov 27, 2012 4:59:39 PM

9. It's a Brazilian "Scare Tactics"

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 27, 2012 5:59:57 PM

10. Anyone having a heart attack would only make it better. I would've merely soiled my pants and screamed like a little girl.

Posted by: parkrunner | Nov 27, 2012 6:53:29 PM

11. you now that these are all staged, right?

That "Just for laughs" show is often homophobic, usually pretty mean-spirited but the people who "fall for" the pranks are often the same people, often wearing different hats and glasses but it's easy to spot the same people being pranked over and over again.

Posted by: GDHJ | Nov 27, 2012 11:36:13 PM

12. I don't think that these are entirely real...there are a couple of edits where the camera angle couldn't possibly be from behind the two way mirrors lining the elevator. Especially some of the shots of the young girl, where the camera is shooting from below her...I don't entirely buy this.

Posted by: kevin | Nov 27, 2012 11:49:28 PM

13. Not to be dismissive and not like other nations are that much different, but Brazilians are particularly superstitious. Even if Catholicism is the main religion, religious syncretism under the form of part Amerindian part African rites are deeply embedded in the locals.
    I think the strange angles of the girl were completed afterwards in the edition process.

Posted by: SayTheTruth | Nov 28, 2012 12:42:00 AM

14. SAYTHETRUTH: Congratulations for your completely unnecessary and thinly-veiled ethnocentric comment.

Posted by: Lance | Nov 28, 2012 2:53:37 AM

15. If this was an American TV Show... it would be sponsored by DEPENDS!

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin aka The Bleacher Preacher | Nov 28, 2012 6:49:43 AM

16. Lance you should replace ethnocentric by skeptic and atheist. And I'm closer to Brazil than you I bet, and yes, is necessary, bear it in your mind next time you go to Brazil. Also as I said, not like Brazil is alone in the superstition high score though.

Posted by: SayTheTruth | Nov 28, 2012 11:28:09 PM