Actor Scott Evans Arrested in Alleged Undercover Drug Bust

Actor Scott Evans was arrested last night for attempting to make a purchase from an undercover cop, TMZ reports:

Oltl1Law enforcement sources tell us Evans was arrested Tuesday evening when he tried to score narcotics from an LAPD officer posing as a dealer. Evans — who played Officer Oliver Fish on "One Life to Live" a few years back — was booked at 6:15PM for attempt to possess a controlled substance … a felony. He bailed out around 12:30AM.

It's unclear what drug Evans was trying to buy.

Evans reacted to the bust with a Facebook post early this morning: "Most ridiculous night of my life in LA so far. At least I made it a year before getting arrested."

Evans is the gay younger brother of actor Chris Evans.

Comments

1. Andrew K says

Hmm…FB commment suggests it must have been minor, like pot. which to me is a non-story. hope it wasn’t something really destructive.

2. CJH says

Ummm. If it was weed he could have gone to one of the DOZENS of medical marijuana dispensaries in the Hollywood area alone.

3. Butch says

There are dispensaries here, too (Michigan), but buying it on the street is still illegal. You have to be certified for medical marijuana to use the dispensaries, and he probably wasn’t.

4. John says

I don’t know about in LA, but in SF the police have better things to do than busy people for buying pot. I’m guessing it was cocaine or crystal meth.

5. Nate says

Meth is out of controle in LA. I was shocked after going out to West Hollywood with my friends a couple months ago.

I’m not a prude, and you can do what ever you want to your body, but I saw people doing drugs in the middle of the dance floor… in site of eveyone.

6. Billy says

Anyone who thinks a cop was put undercover to sell POT is an idiot. This was clearly something more serious.

7. scooter says

Most likely was something harder than pot. Meth is high on the list as well as prescription meds such as oxycontin or oxycodone, or other such substances. Hope he has a good lawyer and gets probation & rehab.

8. Gigi says

How about we all stop speculating. The commenters here are worse than (what I imagine I’d find on) TMZ.

9. Gast says

“Most ridiculous night of my life in LA so far. At least I made it a year before getting arrested.”

I’ve always liked Scott, but what an immature statement. I hope he can workout his drug addiction and get clean. He can have a great life ahead of him.

10. Not that Rob says

uhh who said anything about him having a drug addiction. drug use and drug abuse are not the same thing.

11. Kevin says

I like Scott Evans but I’m betting we’re going to find out the drug is something like meth or cocaine.
    Undercover operations with pot sells are a thing of the past in most places.

12. Dan E says

@Gast: um, no, they aren’t. But good to know the whole “war on drugs” propaganda works on some people. I guess. Kind of.

13. Gast says

@DAN E

You don’t go through all that trouble unless you feel a need for a substance, that is pretty much the definition of addiction. Some people have food addictions, others have drug addictions, it is all in the behavior. I just feel bad for this guy, he doesn’t yet recognize he has a problem.

14. Moz's says

had to be something harder than pot

if it was pot then he is an idiot. he should have paid the $250 to get diagnosed with stress/ sleeping disorder or some such and gotten medical pot from a dispensary

15. ratbastard says

Of course it wasn’t marijuana. Not likely pills either, if it concerned an undercover cop. Most likely cocaine or meth.

16. Bill says

With the total lack of information about the situation, I definitely think we should speculate about what drug it was and how addicted he is to said drug. We should also go from pretending to care about him to unfriending him on Facebook. It’s the only responsible thing to do.

17. unruly says

First off, someone doesn’t understand the word “alleged.” The drug bust happened so that isn’t alleged. It’s fact. The correct use would be “Scott Evans allegedly attempted to buy drugs from an undercover cop.”

Second of all, in LA, police aren’t posing as pot dealers. The police chief (years back) made a formal declaration that it was a waste of money and that illegal marijuana-possession prosecution would only be pursued when connected with other crimes. The fact this happened pre-6:30pm sounds like purchasing for later so possibly LCD, X, cocaine, or meth.

18. sparks says

Ain’t none of my business. I hope Scott’s okay and the publicity from this is short-lived.

Sometimes I hate the fact that people feel entitled to know every intimate detail about someone’s private life just because he’s been on TV. Even worse that some are so quick to judge. Wonder how they’d feel about their own most embarrassing moment or legal infraction suddenly being broadcast to the world.

19. Bollux says

In Cali, possession/intent to possess of less than 1 oz of weed is an infraction, and not a criminal offense. Greater than 1 ounce is a misdemeanor. I see the word felony in this article and immediately know it was something harder than pot.

20. MikeL says

Well Pot, cocaine and Meth are out of the list since they’re Not narcotics. Narcotics are depressants such as morphine, codeine, heroin,lomotil, opium etc.

21. Jester says

The war on drugs is a huge waste of law enforcement resources, ruins countless lives, and is the biggest single mechanism feeding the racist prison-industrial complex.

22. Mike B. says

Ratbastard is right, for purposes of controlled substance laws, the definition of narcotics is the more expansive one. The medical/biochemical definition is narrower.

What a sad story. I hope that either there’s something afoot other than the apparent drug problem, because otherwise the FB statement indicates denial about a serious problem.

23. Icebloo says

Just what we need – another self absorbed gay who has never worked a real day’s work in his life making us all look like druggies !

What an as$hole !

24. Tom says

Okay, Meth and Cocaine are NOT Narcotics in the actual definition of Narcotic. They are both stimulants. Some Law enforcement agencies however do call schedule II drugs narcotics in relation to arrests. How about we actually wait to see what happened before we have this guy using Crystal on the dance floor at a club? Seeing as none of us actually know him we have no idea what happened and shouldn’t speculate.

25. Tom says

26. DC Arnold says

His pithy facebook response proves he is trying to extend his 15 minutes. Get off the stage!