Ellen DeGeneres | News

Ellen Dedicates Show to Newtown Shooting Victims: VIDEO

Ellen

Ellen DeGeneres made a special dedication at the opening of her show today.

"Today we’re taping our first show since the events that took place in Connecticut,. My goal for this show every day is to make you happy and make you feel good for an hour. I want it to be a safe zone. I want it to be light and filled with joy. I want you to know that you can watch with your family. It won’t be mean or sad. I want it to be uplifting and I want to celebrate all that’s good in life. And we’re gonna do the show today, but it’s gonna be a struggle cause my heart is broken for those families and for all the people in Newtown. We’re holding you in our hearts. And today’s show is dedicated to you."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Love you, Ellen!

Posted by: AJ | Dec 18, 2012 4:01:10 PM

2. Thank you, Ellen!

Posted by: Carlos | Dec 18, 2012 5:33:25 PM

3. Ellen DeGeneres farts & shits like every1 else, but Ellen DeGeneres lesbian & homo sexual behaviors are toilet activities.

Posted by: funinsnow | Dec 18, 2012 6:29:12 PM

4. cyndi lauper new reality show is coming soon!!! YAY!!

Posted by: Josh | Dec 18, 2012 8:09:10 PM

5. What a class act. Ellen, thank you for being such an inspiration and uplifting human being. Thank you for reminding me, again, of what's important in life and a better way of living and connecting with others on this planet. Bravo.

Posted by: Marc | Dec 19, 2012 4:34:11 AM

6. Ellen - you are a living doll and I love you. Always have and always will. I don't care what your sexdual preference is (and by the way - your wife is beautiful!) To FUNINSNOW - you should be ashamed to take this to that ugly level. It's about who she is and what she does for the world - you inluded. Hugs Ellen

Posted by: Evelyn | Dec 21, 2012 12:52:22 PM