News | Syria

NBC News Reporter Richard Engel and Team Recount Kidnapping in Syria: VIDEO

Engel

NBC News reporter Richard Engel were kidnapped for five days in Syria and were recently freed at a checkpoint and are now in Turkey. Engel spoke with the Today show this morning about their experience.

Watch the very relieved team tell their story, AFTER THE JUMP...

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. Only Richard Engel would emerge from five days of captivity still looking fabulous.

Posted by: Ben | Dec 18, 2012 9:44:52 AM

2. Anyone know if Richard is gay? I've always gotten that vibe from him. I would marry him in a heartbeat.

Posted by: David | Dec 18, 2012 10:33:52 AM

3. Engel is so damn hot!
    Man, there are three hot men in that pic.
    Would love to see the three of them go at it with Engel in the middle taking it from both ends. Engel is one hot dude.

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Dec 18, 2012 11:00:16 AM

4. Quoting the reporter, yes, they are beloved. Welcome back a thousand times. Now stay home.

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 18, 2012 11:04:31 AM

5. Aside from the apparent hotness, another thing that this article exudes is, yet again, the lack of proofing.

And I know that the team is already mentioned in the header, but would it hurt to acknowledge them in the blurb as well, instead of talking about Engel as... uh... them?!

You guys are doing great work here; please don't let the quality suffer by skipping another quick read to correct stuff like that!

Posted by: El | Dec 18, 2012 11:06:22 AM

6. Engel has consistently been the best international reporter on TV for years - unbiased, straight ahead, just the facts. Because he tells the truth conservative media has of course trashed him, denying the reality he reports, especially when he reports something they don't want to hear. When I heard he was missing I was really worried - thank God he's OK, as well as the other guys, who seem like total pros - imagine having to be in a place where you have to "make amends with your maker" and prepare for death??? In a week of horrible news, this is good news for Christmas.

Posted by: Jim | Dec 18, 2012 12:06:11 PM

7. Seriously, that's enough Rich, stay home. You've seen the world, you've proven your bravery and skill as a reporter. Now stop tempting fate.

I get a gay vibe from him too. Reminds me a lot of Anderson Cooper.

Posted by: Brandon H | Dec 18, 2012 1:04:04 PM

8. I think Richard is gay too. I think he's dreamy! Glad to see he is OK.

He speaks fluent Arabic, BTW, so that definitely gives him an advantage over there.

Posted by: Jack M | Dec 18, 2012 1:45:46 PM

9. I, too, agree with the gay vibe and the comparison to Anderson Cooper. Like Cooper, I think Engel will not stay home. FWIW - He married a woman he met at Stanford. His career cost him the marriage and they divorced in 2005.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Dec 19, 2012 2:56:20 AM

10. I, too, agree with the gay vibe and the comparison to Anderson Cooper. Like Cooper, I think Engel will not stay home. FWIW - He married a woman he met at Stanford. His career cost him the marriage and they divorced in 2005.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Dec 19, 2012 2:56:48 AM