Anne Hathaway | Film | Hugh Jackman | News

Five New Song Clips from the 'Les Misérables' Film: VIDEO

Jackman

Those of you thirsting to see Tom Hooper's upcoming Les Misérables adaptation starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried will be thrilled with these five new singing clips from the film including "Prisoner 24601", "At the End of the Day", "On My Own", "Who Am I", and "A Heart Full of Love".

OF course, if you want to be surprised, then don't look, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. WOW...can't wait...the only question i have is AMANDA SEYFRIED's voice sounds frail and a little high pitched...but other than that just WOW!

Posted by: mickey squires | Dec 3, 2012 1:28:25 PM

2. Christmas day will be a good day to weep for 2+ hours!

Posted by: Kyle | Dec 3, 2012 1:43:45 PM

3. Seyfried is definitely a little sharp on a Heart Full of Love, but one can hope it's not the whole movie. I'll go nuts.

Posted by: Scott | Dec 3, 2012 1:55:07 PM

4. Sorry. Xmas belongs to "Django Unchained".

Posted by: AJ | Dec 3, 2012 2:12:46 PM

5. Can't wait! Love this. Hugh Jackman a perfect Valjean, Russell Crowe, his voice...not so good.

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 3, 2012 2:17:06 PM

6. Can't wait! The last Les Mis movie was terrible because the score was changed, this one will be great!!

Posted by: ty | Dec 3, 2012 2:21:58 PM

7. What a huge difference it makes to have the actors sing the songs live. Very smart move by Tom Hooper. This could be Oscar #2 for the director and Oscar #1 for Anne Hathaway.

Posted by: (the other)jamesintoronto | Dec 3, 2012 2:44:25 PM

8. I've seen it and it's OVERWHELMING. It's gonna sweep the Oscars.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Dec 3, 2012 2:52:46 PM

9. Anne Hathaway is really breath-takingly good...in every single clip I've seen. There's not one false moment. That's very hard to do. Just can't wait.

Posted by: Geoff | Dec 3, 2012 5:46:16 PM

10. Give Anne Hathaway all the oscars now please

Posted by: MaddM@ | Dec 3, 2012 9:35:43 PM

11. At this point, I'd say Anne has the Supporting Actress Oscar in the bag. Her only competition this year would be Sally Field in Lincoln (which, frankly, I'd find it hard not to pick over Anne). It's hard to have ever seen, heard, or loved the original Broadway score and not think these songs are sub-par. But I'm still very excited to see it.

And don't count out Amy Adams for The Master. She's already been nominated four times for this category and never won. And she's in a movie with Phillip Seymour Hoffman, which must give her some advantage. Ha.

Posted by: BZ | Dec 3, 2012 10:34:49 PM

12. (Who cares about the Oscars ? You folks talk like.....that's still relevant in any way at all). This looks....disappointing. But I hope I'm wrong, because I generally love Les Miserables. I like the looks of this version's Marius(Redmayne ?), but that singing voice....ugh. And I still think Bette Midler should have been cast as Mrs. Thenardier.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 3, 2012 11:19:03 PM

13. Wow, brilliant performance from Anne Hathaway. I'll miss opening night, but I'll be taking my friends and a box of tissues to see this.

Posted by: Mike B. | Dec 3, 2012 11:24:12 PM

14. I'll give it a miss. Two and a half hours of caterwauling and screaming does not appeal.

Posted by: TomTallis | Dec 3, 2012 11:31:16 PM

15. And Hathaway isn't acting. She's just singing. Like Madonna did in "Evita", which is why she wasn't even nominated for an award. (Nothing against either Madonna, "Evita" which I think is great, or Hathaway). But even if this film flops, maybe it'll get a few more people to read Hugo's novel, which WOULD be great.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 3, 2012 11:37:32 PM

16. Also, to an earlier point, this will not sweep the Oscars with Lincoln in the mix. Sorry. Anne is probably the one and only shot this has of winning an Oscar this year. And even that I wouldn't be certain about when you're up against Sally Field. Best Picture is Lincoln. Period.

Posted by: BZ | Dec 4, 2012 12:06:29 AM

17. Not sure the whole "live" singing works - some of these versions are really lacking the punch of those from the stage show. I HATE lip-syncing performances at concerts or TV shows but maybe there's a reason for it to be done on the big screen in a big musical.

Posted by: Paul | Dec 4, 2012 2:32:54 AM

18. Omg. This... sounds terrible.

Posted by: lulz | Dec 4, 2012 5:09:27 AM

19. Yeesh. Looks awful. There have been so many wonderful versions of these songs sung by people with amazing voices. All of these versions pale in comparison.

I think this is going to be worse than Phantom of the Opera.

Posted by: KM | Dec 4, 2012 6:03:19 PM

20. Ummm... Are you KIDDING me?!!! I am so INCREDIBLY excited for this!!! I have seen plenty of LIVE performances where the actors definitely left much to be desired and the ones that they have cast for this film seem to have hit the nail on the head!!! For the person who said that Anne Hathaway isn't acting and that she's just singing, please, PLEASE watch the International Trailer. She will blow you out of the water!!! The live singing will add a HUGE element that is always missing in movie-musicals and the huge chorus pieces will be far more dynamic and powerful as a result. I cannot WAIT to see this movie and plan to celebrate LesMisMas instead of Christmas this year!!!

Posted by: Tony | Dec 4, 2012 7:37:20 PM

21. "LesMisMas" ?! I mean...really. But, okay...Tony let's wait and see. I think it looks bad, but maybe you'll be right and I'll be wrong (like I hope!)

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 4, 2012 7:56:04 PM

22. And (you gotta admit) Russell Crowe has zilch police-presence menace which is needed by Javert. (Even John Malkovich was so much better in the role).

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 4, 2012 7:59:08 PM

23. Yupp, Madonna won the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for EVITA.

Posted by: La Garza | Dec 4, 2012 11:44:45 PM