Gay Marriage | Macklemore | News | Ryan Lewis

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Perform 'Same Love' in NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert: VIDEO

Macklemore

"Same Love", the song that sounds as sublime at a tiny desk as it does in a big concert hall.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Macklemore is soooo sexy!

Posted by: chris | Dec 4, 2012 3:15:08 PM

2. I like this live version of "Same Love" even better than the theatrical video. I had a much easier time picking up the lyrics as Macklemore rapped them, and they impacted me greatly! Thanks for stepping up, guys!!

Posted by: Greg | Dec 4, 2012 3:46:03 PM

3. Since hearing Same Love here (thanks, Andy!) I've really become a fan. Thrift Shop, The End, Irish Celebration, and Otherside are particular favorites.

I'm in the wrong age group for most hip-hop, I think, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but it seems a lot different from what I have heard.

Posted by: Caliban | Dec 4, 2012 4:17:56 PM

4. Fantastic !
    "No freedom 'till we're equal."

"And I can't change , even if I wanted to."

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 4, 2012 5:09:49 PM

5. I agree with Caliban. I had never heard of Macklemore, but after hearing this song, I listened to his other work. He is really an incredible artist. Check out Starting Over, his song about his relapse in his drug/alcohol recovery. Also, "The End" and "Breath" - 2 of his earlier songs.

Posted by: Jeff | Dec 4, 2012 7:25:55 PM

6. Thanks for recommending those, Jeff. I liked Starting Over a lot.

FYI, Susan Johnston, the teacher who was suspended for 3 days for playing Same Love in the classroom has had her pay for those days reinstated. Complaints to the school board must have worked!

Posted by: Caliban | Dec 5, 2012 11:10:15 AM

7. LOVE this guy and his group! Bought their CD, and it is the first Rap group I like. Thanks for the music Ben.

Posted by: John Simpson | Dec 5, 2012 3:59:52 PM

8. LOVE this guy and his group! Bought their CD, and it is the first Rap group I like. Thanks for the music Ben.

Posted by: John Simpson | Dec 5, 2012 3:59:58 PM