Comments

1. Moz's says

hey I like Panettones

of course the cheap ones suck

good ones around $30 each and made with liquor taste great. Think lighter fluffier italian version of a fruit cake

2. Merry & Gay says

Panettones are raisin bread with citrus (no fruit!) and the good ones are made in Italy. Toast, add butter. Accept no substitutes!

This year the going price is about one dollar more than Miss Coco was willing to pay, for the medium sized.

3. MateoM says

Drag queens are an important part of the Gay community and an integral part of LGBT history. If you don’t like it, you can get out of it. We won’t miss you.

4. BobN says

I’m Italian (the better half), and I like panettone just fine, but it’s a remarkable achievement of Italian marketing that pannetone has replaced fruit cake as the go-to Xmas baked good.

5. Chicklets says

Coco Peru is too funny! I dont care for panettone myself and whenever i get one, it gets re-gifted! Keep the Italian cake and give me an Italian beefcake instead :-)

6. Jerry says

and don’t hate on drag queens. They started Stonewall and are a hell of a lot more responsible for gay liberation than Madonna or Gaga or whatever hetero icon you worship instead.

7. UFFDA says

MATEOM – what we won’t miss is drag queens. What they are is an embarrassing part of the LGBT schtick, a part I refuse to dignify with the word history. CRAP has it right.

8. Chrissypoo says

“don’t hate on drag queens. They started Stonewall”

Actually, no they didn’t. It was a nice lie back in the day, but many books on Stonewall disproved this historical bragging after the fact.

9. Contrarian says

Isn’t this Kathy Griffin with a chest cold? Defenders of drag queens, while you’re right about their past role in LGBT culture, that myth about the Stonewall riot needs to end. It reduces the important role of gay youth (who, in those days were “throwaway” kids) and other non-drag people as the accurate histories have pointed out.