Film | Hugh Jackman | News | Russell Crowe

Watch 'One Day More' From 'Les Misérables': VIDEO

LesMisOneDay

Raise your hand if you're excited to see Les Misérables. Good.

Well now you can get more excited by watching this video of the star-studded cast, including Hugh Jackman, Amanda Seyfried, Russell Crowe and Eddie Redmayne, singing one of the musical's most beloved, famous songs, "One Day More" AFTER THE JUMP.

Video via La Sexta:

Comments

1. Looks awful. And Belonsky is just mad they didn't make Marius a black guy.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 10:59:23 AM

2. looks awesome!!! one gripe though--i hate Cosette's voice

Posted by: Nat | Dec 20, 2012 11:02:32 AM

3. The ONLY reason I want Christmas to arrive is the opening of this movie. I get chills thinking about it.

Posted by: Brad | Dec 20, 2012 11:12:47 AM

4. @Yupp, what are you even talking about?

Posted by: LiamB | Dec 20, 2012 11:19:56 AM

5. Liamb : Well...look up on YouTube somebody like Philip Quast as Javert singing "Stars" and then tell me you could sit through this character as Javert (this actor, forget his name, but he's supposed to be about as nice a person as.... Mel Gibson).

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 11:24:35 AM

6. ..Russell Crowe..

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 11:26:22 AM

7. not nearly as exciting as on stage

Posted by: eric | Dec 20, 2012 11:31:48 AM

8. Saw a screening LA last week. Liked it, didn't love it, fell kinda flat and felt long. Felt like everyone was singing Ina movie and Jackman was singing on a broadway stage so he it seemed like he was off. Beautifully filmed, though. If you're a fan of the play, you'll enjoy, but won't love as much.

Posted by: DJ | Dec 20, 2012 11:45:42 AM

9. It must be amazing for these actors, after filming their parts separately, to see it all edited together like this.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Dec 20, 2012 11:48:57 AM

10. No desire to see this primarily because of the actors - Jackman, Hathaway and Crowe. If you are going to bring back a musical to the big screen you'd better have some amazing voices. The PR budget for this movie is overwhelming. Everywhere I go, online, on TV, on buses they are promoting this thing. Jackman's good in action films, Crowe has lost his appeal altogether and Hathaway is a 'eh?'

OTOH, Greg and I did see Lincoln and that is a spectacular film. Now that is Academy Award acting - Lewis and Field will be robbed if they don't take home an Oscar.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Dec 20, 2012 12:05:32 PM

11. OS2GUY: Hugh Jackman has won Tonys for his broadway musical appearances as a singer and dancer -- he's quite the all-around performer I seem to recall he even did a funny little number with Neil Patrick Harris on the Oscars a few years ago. As for Crowe and Hathaway, I'm less sure.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Dec 20, 2012 12:15:59 PM

12. Saw this on Tuesday and absolutely loved it. Jackman and Hathaway are perfect. So are Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter. Russel Crowe... not so much. Samantha Barks as Eponine- perfect. Eddie Redmayne is a great Marius and Aaron Tveitt was Enjolras was spot on!

Posted by: Frank | Dec 20, 2012 12:18:34 PM

13. I'm so focused on the moment I can see this in a theater...it's crazy.

Posted by: Geoff | Dec 20, 2012 12:22:02 PM

14. This came so close. Excellent cast, incredible new recording techniques, fantastic art direction. And then...Russel Crowe. What a phenomenal mistake. Please Hollywood: quit casting him. He's completely talent-free.

Posted by: Tim | Dec 20, 2012 12:27:14 PM

15. So waiting to see this. Great sets etc, BUT the voices, not much belting, why oh why not hiring actors, who can also belt when needed. I like Hugh of course, I think Eponine is played really well. But certain actors can't sing their parts.
    @Eric, agreed, I think it is because of their voices, not strong enough.

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 20, 2012 12:44:40 PM

16. Oh, Aaron Tveit.

And Russell Crowe really needs to look into that awful sinus infection he has. Or maybe it's just a bad head cold.

Posted by: Ike | Dec 20, 2012 12:54:17 PM

17. Russell Crowe...

Posted by: SC David | Dec 20, 2012 12:54:58 PM

18. Eddie Redmayne is a rising star. Adore!
    I have zero interest in seeing the aptly named Les Mis

Posted by: Oliver | Dec 20, 2012 1:01:32 PM

19. Two things:

Russell Crowe's voice sounds nasal and it overwhelms the other actors in this mix - he was all I could hear.

Doesn't the final Paris street scene look just a little too much like Diagon Alley from Harry Potter?

Posted by: Mike | Dec 20, 2012 1:16:17 PM

20. I'm going to go against the common opinion here, but...

I don't like it. I'm spoiled on the full symphonic recording which had the best voices from the various productions around the world. These voices don't come close. I like Anne Hathaway's Fantine, but she's the only one to get me so far. Russell Crowe sounds particularly weak. What is up with that nasaly whine? Baritones should be deep, melodious, and a bit sinister, not like they have a head cold. Youtube "Philip Quast Javert" to hear what I'm talking about.

This song sounds awful to me. Everyone is overacting the songs. The drama is in the music, they just need to sing the songs to get you. They're interpreting this stuff like film actors and not musical actors. (I know that Wolverine is a stage actor too) but trying to squeeze a subtle, understated performance out of Les Mis is a bit ridiculous. Its balls out, operatic drama. They should have cast this with the best voices that Broadway and the West End had to offer and left Hollywood out of it.

Posted by: jay | Dec 20, 2012 1:59:34 PM

21. Wow Russell Crowe...horrible choice.

Posted by: Opinionated | Dec 20, 2012 2:07:55 PM

22. After seeing some of clips, I would have to cut off my ears after listening to Hugh Jackman sing for two hours. I tried watching this clip but as soon as he started singing I had to flip it off.

Posted by: Michael | Dec 20, 2012 2:26:53 PM

23. Two thoughts: Ah, the negativity ?! Are these vocals all broadway-worthy? Not. But as a fan of the movie I"m happy my favortite musical got the chance to be seen by 'everybody' in a blockbuster sorta format. And yes, Cosette's vocals are most out of place here, but that character has always been a thin one from my eyes, and the Cosette vocal was least impressive I think, in all of the live productions I've seen.

Posted by: BillinSonoma | Dec 20, 2012 2:43:15 PM

24. Honestly. They need to go back into the sound mixing booth and bring down Crowe. Once he starts singing, you can't hear any other the other singing parts. I don't mind his voice too much, or seyfried's, but they certainly aren't going to win an oscar for sound mixing.

Posted by: CD | Dec 20, 2012 2:45:41 PM

25. Russell Crowe walking through police headquarters : HAS to be the most boring piece of set design ever ever ever in any film. Imagine how powerful it could have been with REAL police presence and menace, in both the man and the set. And Redmayne (who I think is hot in other films, especially in that gay film- the one with Sarandon), looks so strangely inbred and shakey here. Maybe inbreeding is the look they were going for (the Pontmercy family)?

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 3:28:01 PM