Calvin Klein | News | Nick Gruber

Calvin Klein Ex Nick Gruber Totals New Boyfriend's Car

Calvin Klein's ex-boytoy Nick Gruber is not staying out of trouble, according to Page Six:

GruberThe troubled ex-boyfriend of Calvin Klein totaled current boyfriend John Luciano’s $100,000 BMW in a three-car accident in Los Angeles on Wednesday afternoon, reports The Post’s Kirsten Fleming. Even worse, Gruber was on a date with a woman when he had the crash.

Gruber was reportedly on a date with a woman at Six Flags Magic Mountain near L.A. before the accident, they add:

Gruber and the woman enjoyed the day at the theme park. But, Luciano said, on the way home, Gruber was broadsided by a PT Cruiser as he hung a left turn at Moorpark Street and Laurel Canyon Boulevard. The PT then smashed into another car and caught fire. The Beemer was wrecked, and Gruber went to Sherman Oaks Hospital after he suffered a broken nose and some bruises. None of the other passengers, including Gruber’s female date, was hurt. “The thing about Nick, he has a lead foot and rocks for brains,” Luciano quipped.

Comments

1. I love salacious, gossipy stories, but... why is anyone interested in this tired, puffy hooker?

Posted by: Ken | Jan 4, 2013 5:41:09 PM

2. i'm surprised he's not part of Ryan Seacrest's harem yet, at E!.

Posted by: vwdavy | Jan 4, 2013 5:57:45 PM

3. Did it say "with a woman"?

Posted by: Marky | Jan 4, 2013 6:08:52 PM

4. Oy, don't get the fascination with "straight" guys, who by definition shouldn't have much interest sexually in gay men.... what a depressing manifestation of internalized homophobia. At least give me a nice meathead furry brunette faggot if he's gonna total my car....

Posted by: MaddM@ | Jan 4, 2013 6:48:39 PM

5. Forget Nick Gruber. I want a story on FAHD, our commenter here. His sounds more interesting, quippy, and salacious!!

Posted by: shane | Jan 4, 2013 7:03:02 PM

6. What has John Luciano done for gay people?

When will these old gay scum move on? Younger generations of gay men should not be infected with the garbage John Luciano and Calvin Klein's are swimming in. For these old gay scum heterosexual males are the only ones with genuine masculinity. If you believe that then you can't have a gay boyfriend because they supposedly don't have what you want. This is the result. The masculine traits that people are looking for are LEARNED. They are learned during the 0 to 16 formative years. If this John Luciano wants to be treated like scum then one day maybe Nick will run him over with his own car. Maybe then he'll get a raging hard on.

There are many more attractive gay men with much better faces and definitely bodies and with better attitudes than Nick Gruber.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | Jan 4, 2013 7:38:42 PM

7. Why do so many older gay men want 21 year old boyfriends.....like they are really going care for you or about you as you get even older. LOL

Posted by: Gom | Jan 4, 2013 7:54:28 PM

8. Maybe Nick is genuinely attracted to Luciano. You don't know. The comments about hustler's being dumb - even if Luciano chimes in - are another stereotype that goes right along with "I'm holier than though" and "What's he got that I don't". Was it Coleridge or Keats who wrote, "a thing of beauty is a boy forever"?

My sponsor warned me: As really beautiful as my "boyfriend" is when I stood up to him and I wouldn't let him trade a chunk of my wine collection for "medical" marijuana, he tore my heart out and went back east to his mother. Now he sends me texts telling me that he's writing a book, but "don't worry he and I are the only ones who will be able to identify me". I don't even know for sure that he is still back east.

This afternoon, the 6'3" Lance Corporal who resembles Nick (white, dark blonde str8, married with muscles) and always scores in the 99th percentile on the Marine's physical training test and also their sharp shooter tests - texted me to see if I wanted him to "stop by". Too bad I'm burning up with fever from my cold.

He likes me for whom I am. Not everyone is a user, and I think I will find true love - if not today, then tomorrow.

It doesn't remind me of societal oppression of gays when younger gay men call me "old gay scum". How hurtful! I'm not even that old. Karma will get you. You must have been a joy as a teenager!

Posted by: Fahd | Jan 4, 2013 8:24:48 PM

9. If he was with Calvin, then he definitely has a big wanker, you can see it in the underwear shot posted a couple months back. Unfortunately the bigger the tool, the more messed up the dude. There is a sense of propriety that makes guys like this defective. Sorry to say...

Posted by: ty | Jan 4, 2013 8:58:09 PM

10. Corrections to my last post:

"hustlers being dumb" not "hustler's being dumb"

and

"holier than thou" not "holier than though"

I also now think the correct quote might be, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever".

Posted by: Fahd | Jan 4, 2013 9:17:28 PM

11. While the car was evidently totaled, none of the news accounts seem to indicate who was at fault - this Gruber guy was making a left turn and was
    broadsided. Since Gruber was the only one hurt and was driving, the most likely reason is that his car was hit on its left side (the red splotch on the side of his face in Towleroad's picture is consistent with that). In an uncontrolled intersection, the car on the right has the right of way, so it would have been Gruber's fault if he had a stop sign and the other car didn't, or if he ran a red light (or if the light changed while a car going along the cross street was already in the intersection and didn't have time to clear it). Unfortunately, the original article Towleroad linked to did not say.

Perhaps you could blame him for not maintaining safety margins in case another driver screws up, but until more information is available, it is not clear if he is at fault at all.

Whatever the case, it is not cool to accuse him of causing the accident merely because he seems to have a skill set that revolves around getting very wealthy boyfriends to support him (if that is in fact true as many articles seem to suggest).

The good news: an insurance company undoubtedly has to pay for replacing the car, not his boyfriend. The bad news: insurance rates will not go down as a result.

Also, if he is a 2 or 3 on the Kinsey scale, he could easily think of himself as predominantly straight. The low Kinsey number would be a good match for an older boyfriend whose sexual performance is starting to slow with age. Aside from "fun with numbers" as an academic exercise, this should not be taken as speculation regarding his personal life - if you want to know, ask him.
    As to me, I simply don't care as it is none of my business.

Posted by: Bill | Jan 4, 2013 11:54:32 PM

12. i read this whole comment section just to find out what fahd would say. if he is often wrong, he is most amusingly so, and he IS right some of the time.

so fahd... do you have a blog, a twitter feed, a youtube account, or a tumblr blog? i'll give you a try.

Posted by: bandanajack | Jan 5, 2013 4:01:51 AM

13. So he was straight all along? Just using folks for money?

Hmmm...imagine that

Posted by: Sampson | Jan 5, 2013 6:34:27 AM

14. Perfect example of a hustler hitting the jackpot and getting lazy. Everyone knows you get your sugar daddy to pay for your education so when it ends you have something to fall back on.

Posted by: DC Arnold | Jan 5, 2013 7:14:33 AM

15. an expensive toy was almost wrecked... and i'm not talking about the car.

Posted by: aj | Jan 5, 2013 8:43:35 AM

16. I'm still trying to figure out why anyone cares.

Posted by: johnnysmythe | Jan 5, 2013 9:08:28 AM

17. @Timo...Nick Gruber is neither hot or straight..

Posted by: freddy | Jan 5, 2013 12:20:25 PM

18. "...many rich morons who prefer "straight" men,the type you see in Sean Cody movies.

Simon, you owe me a keyboard, lol

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jan 5, 2013 1:34:47 PM

19. I did not know that Nick Gruber was uncut. He is so layered.

Posted by: Fahd | Jan 5, 2013 2:13:27 PM

20. Why is this parasite not homeless? Wait. He is.

I picture him in a few years telling his fellow low-life barflies how he used to live.

Posted by: ByTheBay | Jan 5, 2013 8:23:12 PM

21. This story was not picked up by TMZ.com.

Looks like the 15 minutes are over.

Posted by: Betterthanhim | Jan 6, 2013 12:58:50 AM

22. this kid is trash and he's not even good looking. rich people need to start having some standards with their paid dates, dating women is a deal breaker.

Posted by: NE1 | Jan 6, 2013 6:20:46 PM

23. ...if James Franco and Val Kilmer had a son.

Posted by: RobWest | Jan 17, 2013 11:22:20 AM