David Furnish | Elton John | Gay Parents | News

BigGayDeal.com

Elton John and David Furnish Welcome Second Child

John_furnish

Elton John and David Furnish are the proud parents of another baby boy, they confirmed to Hello! magazine.

The child was born on January 11 in L.A., via a surrogate.

Said the couple: "Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."

Comments

1. More rich gays buying babies.

Posted by: QJ201 | Jan 16, 2013 8:02:22 AM

2. Congratulations to Elt and David. However, there was no mention of the mother. How sad.

Posted by: stephen lucas | Jan 16, 2013 8:10:08 AM

3. The poor thing.

Posted by: Jack M | Jan 16, 2013 8:22:18 AM

4. Stephen, there is no "mother". There is an egg donor and a gestational surrogate. and QJ, i do not see this as any difference than thousands of straights using IVF every year. Fertility clinics are full and this is just another variation. Now, if I had to be honest, i am a bit uncomfortable about Elton's age. I am in my Forties and my parents are my best friends. I would be a completely different person if I lost them early. I waited until I was 35 to have kids and feel that was late. I am glad my kids have a great relationship with their grandparents.

Posted by: Kevin | Jan 16, 2013 8:25:21 AM

5. Poor babies are gonna be the bitchiest, cattiest things this world will ever see...

Or they'll totally rebel against Daddy and Daddy and be completely amazing. LOL.

Posted by: Ginway | Jan 16, 2013 8:59:34 AM

6. Although I am glad that they are now ably to form a family I believe it is irresponsible on their part to do so. Elton John will be 80 when his son is 15. He won't be able to be a good father or take care of his children and no number of nannies will change that.

Posted by: Martin | Jan 16, 2013 9:02:02 AM

7. Well, this does take some getting used to. It IS strange, and unsettling. Both KEVIN and GINWAY have very good points. The boys might indeed be VERY screwed up kids as a result of being raised as Croseus brats in a richly gilded cage by two famous men, almost famously absurd men. I can't think of a comparable precident. As they grow the boys could laugh it off and move ahead brilliantly, embrace it gratefully and work with the advantages or make of themselves complete train wrecks over the utter oddity of their situation. It's all totally imponderable.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jan 16, 2013 9:48:40 AM

8. leave the child rearing... gay or staight to the younger people, not the seniors.

Posted by: tommyboy | Jan 16, 2013 10:28:18 AM

9. I don't think it is a good idea for a 65 year, recovering alcoholic and drug addict to become a parent (irrespective of whether they are gay or straight, male or female.)

Posted by: MaryM | Jan 16, 2013 11:11:11 AM

10. i'm happy for them. ^_^

Posted by: alexander | Jan 16, 2013 11:28:55 AM

11. There are many stories of straights having children late in life as well -- and they don't have the resources that these children will have. Since these children will not need to be supported by the state, I can't see how there is any response appropriate beyond, "congratulations, dads -- and best wishes."

Posted by: John | Jan 16, 2013 11:29:31 AM

12. Those kids will have NO idea who Elton is (or was). He will just be the old guy in the pictures, shown to them by everybody else who tells them stories of how great he thought he was

Posted by: Marty | Jan 16, 2013 2:31:43 PM

13. Nice to be here and see your post !

Posted by: charmingdate.com review | Jan 17, 2013 2:53:46 AM