Gay Radio Host Marcel Juul Østergreen Beaten in Homophobic Assault in Copenhagen

Ostergreen

Marcel Juul Østergreen, a gay radio host in Denmark, was beaten on Sunday after emerging from a gay bar in Copenhagen, Gay Star News reports:

Speaking to ekstrabladet.dk, the PopFM DJ said he had seen a guy alone in his car who was speaking on the phone. After Østergreen’s friend asked him how he was, the man 'flew out of the car' and yelled 'Now!'.

"Then it just went quickly,' Østergreen said. 'Suddenly there were about 10 young guys around us. My friend was on the ground and tried to protect his face while they kicked and beat him. And then they came at me, and I got one blow after another."

Østergreen later wrote about the incident on Facebook, saying he felt "deep compassion for the unenlightened wretches" who attacked him.

Comments

1. surprising to hear about such a thing happen in Copenhagen

"deep compassion for the unenlightened wretches" - i'm sorry but i would want the ignorant thugs to die. stop being so f**king nice about these b**tards

Posted by: danswon | Jan 23, 2013 7:53:49 AM

2. No compassion here. Bash back if you can, or seek revenge later. These thugs should be caged until they are harmless old men.

Posted by: Akrontru | Jan 23, 2013 8:14:24 AM

3. No, I'm not surprised this happened in 'enlightened' Denmark, or any other 'enlightened' place. Assaults happen everywhere, especially around bars and clubs, at late night,early morning, and I don't mean just anti-gay assaults.

I get the feeling the story as told is incomplete, but don't mean Ostergreen is to blame for getting beaten up:

1) He saw a guy talking on a phone in his car, and he went to see if he was alright? WTF does this mean?

2) WHO were the attackers? Neonazis...Muslim...some other 'foreigner' [eastern European, etc.,]?

No, he shouldn't feel sorry for them, he should be bullsh*t and angry.

VIDEO: Muslim neighborhood patrol in London abuse gay man

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 23, 2013 9:21:12 AM

4. He feels sorry for them. How very excessively idiotically liberal of him. So throw them kisses as your spirit leaves your lifeless body. F*** that.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jan 23, 2013 9:35:22 AM

5. @Ratbastard Østergreen was with a friend. After the friend asked how Østergreen was the man he saw in the car got out and yelled 'now'.

Posted by: Syrax | Jan 23, 2013 9:39:29 AM

6. Hmmm. Danes are a pretty tolerant lot.

This was probably the work of malcontent German Skinheads, or most likely, Muslims.

Posted by: chasmader | Jan 23, 2013 9:43:22 AM

7. @SYRAX,

That's more clear.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 23, 2013 10:10:41 AM

8. UFFDA says "He feels sorry for them. How very excessively idiotically liberal of him. So throw them kisses as your spirit leaves your lifeless body. F*** that"

Actually, that's exactly what Jesus Christ said to do.

Posted by: Jerry Blackburn | Jan 23, 2013 10:13:52 AM

9. @ danswon

"surprising to hear about such a thing happen in Copenhagen"

You haven't been paying attention.

Posted by: David Hearne | Jan 23, 2013 10:49:21 AM

10. Notice how the article contains no description of the attackers?

Posted by: David Hearne | Jan 23, 2013 11:48:31 AM

11. What I find compelling about this piece, is that the attack was pre-meditated. It doesn't seem to matter who the victims were (though as more information is released who knows), only that there were a group of people lying in wait to attack.

Posted by: CD | Jan 23, 2013 3:21:15 PM

12. "I have compassion for them" means the attackers weren't white (not Danish) because punishing non-whites has been turned political to throw a monkey wrench in the criminal justice system.

Posted by: Billy Crytical | Jan 23, 2013 10:15:31 PM

13. @ Chasmander - leave the Krauts out of this, the Danes have enough skinheads of their own without having to import the scum from Germany.

@ Jerry - good for your Christ. My Gods tell me, "Whatever ye do, be it good or be it evil, shall be returned unto you Threefold." Here and now, not some mythical hereafter where Xstains think they can wheedle their way out of 2,000 years of evil.

This kind of hate and violence is all too damned familiar to me. I've been in that position dozens of times since Junior High. I'm now 50 y.o. and can't count how many times I've been physically or verbally threatened. Now, all you who this week are spewing revenge for this attack, but last week were screaming at the top of your lungs for gun control... NOW DO YOU GET IT?!? This is why I own a gun, why I am trained in it's use, storage and maintenance. 32 years ago, Marcel's face looks like mine did except I lost three molars and a cut over my eye. I vowed "never again", and owe my life to that gun 6 times over. Had this been me there would be 10 wounded and bleeding punks, and one very pissed drag queen. 10-to-1 odds in an unarmed situation? Marcel's damned lucky he's still alive.

Posted by: Mommie Dammit | Jan 24, 2013 3:35:33 AM