Barack Obama | Beyoncé | Inauguration | Kelly Clarkson | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kelly Clarkson, Beyoncé Perform at Inauguration: VIDEOS

Beyonce

Kelly Clarkson performed "My Country Tis of Thee" and Beyoncé performed "The Star Spangled Banner" at Obama's inauguration earlier today.

Check out the performances, AFTER THE JUMP...

Clarkson

Comments

1. They both performed beautifully. I did get a little nervous when Beyonce pulled out her earpiece. Despite possible audio issues, she carried it well.

Posted by: AngelaChanning | Jan 21, 2013 1:35:58 PM

2. Beyonce herself was a bit nervous

In the beginning, just watch her face. Totally understandable

1- the freaking inauguration to begin with
    2- people were already talking pre today about the gold standard being Whitney super bowl Star Spangled Banner and how will Beyonce measure up

she did good and it was cute that she appeared a bit nervous in the begining

Posted by: Moz's | Jan 21, 2013 2:03:30 PM

3. Kelly and her pipe! God bless her!

Posted by: iban4yesu | Jan 21, 2013 2:17:02 PM

4. @ Iban

yes, and i think kelly did her song better than Beyonce.

Went back and rewatched Whtney's SSB and Whitney ruined everyone forever after. Whitney R.I.P. did it best

Posted by: Moz's | Jan 21, 2013 2:20:03 PM

5. And I really never have liked the Beyonce's voice much, but here she put it to a good use.

Posted by: iban4yesu | Jan 21, 2013 2:22:20 PM

6. Kelly Clarkson is one of the best live singers out there today. I'm glad she was given this opportunity!

Posted by: Dave | Jan 21, 2013 2:34:18 PM

7. I thought Clarkson's voice was too weak and airy to carry that song. Didn't think it worked well at all; not enough power.

And I'm sooo over Beyonce. But, jeez, she did it beautifully--no inappropriate showmanship (as so often happens), just a few nice personal touches. I was impressed.

Posted by: Tatts | Jan 21, 2013 2:53:03 PM

8. Odd that Beyoncé sang the sang a few keys lower than it should've been (maybe to hit the high notes in the end?).

Congrats to Kelly, though. Imagine if she sang the Star Spangled Banner?

Posted by: S. | Jan 21, 2013 2:56:33 PM

9. @Tatts, you may be the first one to ever describe Kelly Clarkson's voice as "weak"

Posted by: Dave | Jan 21, 2013 4:02:44 PM

10. I chills from both songs on most days but when you have great singers knocking it out, it really is amazing.

Posted by: Bart | Jan 21, 2013 4:23:48 PM

11. I get so sick of Whoreonce showing up to everything.

Posted by: Pig | Jan 21, 2013 4:51:26 PM

12. As usual Beyonce delivered vocal perfection. Her vibrato sounds so effortless and cooling. If only other pop stars put vocal ability as their top priority.

Posted by: Gabriel | Jan 21, 2013 5:53:59 PM

13. @tatts-

Did you make it past the first verse of Kelly's performance? Because once she kicked it up an octave into her range, she belted he doors off the motha...

Posted by: Christopher I | Jan 21, 2013 6:27:39 PM

14. Kelly is just the best.

Posted by: Robert | Jan 21, 2013 7:15:33 PM

15. Beyonce kicked ass yet again. Her range is amazing.

Posted by: Jess | Jan 21, 2013 9:27:06 PM

16. LOL...nobody will ever sing the National Anthem like Whitney did, but Beyonce was amazing. I don't think she was nervous, I think she was overcome with emotion at the display of patriotism. I mean, she has sang for heads of state all over the world, and for crowds numbering into the hundreds of thousands. But this is her country, a President she supported, and an amazing achievement to sing at the Inauguration of the President of the United States :)

Posted by: Jared | Jan 22, 2013 9:42:25 AM

17. Before you go praising Beyonce, it was revealed today that her entire performance was lipsynced.

Still want to talk about how wonderful she was?

Posted by: Stupid | Jan 22, 2013 1:36:12 PM

18. Beyotche' faked the big A.
    Pretty much outta synch on a day when pledging truth and honor is the theme of the day.

Posted by: Lila | Jan 22, 2013 8:24:16 PM

19. I'm guessing she lip-synched cuz she couldn't remember the words?

Posted by: vita-t | Jan 23, 2013 12:42:08 AM