James Purefoy | Kevin Bacon | Kiss | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy Kiss for Reporters

Bacon

Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy put on a show of affection for one another at a publicity panel for their forthcoming FOX drama The Following, at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour today, after a reporter noted their chemistry.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the kiss followed a long series of questions about violence and sexual situations:

So it was a mood lightener when a reporter opted to go the fan route, saying that there came a point during the show, which debuts Jan. 21 at 9 p.m., when she wanted Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy's alter egos to kiss.

Moments later, Bacon and Purefoy did just that. "Rule nothing in, rule nothing out,” Purefoy joked following the peck.

Comments

1. There are a gazillion men I've desired to kiss-- strait and gay-- but Kevin Bacon is not one of them... eww.

Posted by: Tim | Jan 8, 2013 9:47:57 PM

2. TIM - why even post? You have nothing to say of any value whatever.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jan 8, 2013 10:16:20 PM

3. No video? Damn.

Posted by: Liam | Jan 8, 2013 10:25:06 PM

4. What is so sensational about one man kissing another man on the cheek?

Posted by: ***** | Jan 8, 2013 10:33:17 PM

5. I have mixed feelings about actions like this. No, I'm not reverting to my old homophobia, but I AM concerned that this phenomenon of "straight people kissing other straight people of the same gender in a sexual way" is starting to look like a strained attempt to be hip. Doesn't this take away from the beauty and poignancy of actual same-sex romantic attraction? There are other ways to show support for the LGBT communtiy. Why does Middle America need to deal with seeing pretend gay people when they are just starting to accept genuinely gay people? Let's keep up the positive momentum from last year's victories. These two guys could do better by reading Towleroad and making donations to Freedom to Marry.

Posted by: Mary | Jan 8, 2013 10:51:46 PM

6. Mary, that's a whole lot of pearl clutching, dear. :-)

Posted by: AngelaChanning | Jan 8, 2013 10:57:45 PM

7. Miss Channing, I'll ignore your snarkyness. But don't worry. As Mick Jagger sang years ago, "Angie, I still love ya, baby!"

Posted by: Mary | Jan 8, 2013 11:11:02 PM

8. are they promoting broke back mountain 2

Posted by: mightystudent.com | Jan 8, 2013 11:44:22 PM

9. It's a little more then and European kiss on each cheek, but it doesn't strike me as really sexual either, as it's just on the cheek.

Posted by: Kathleen O'Neill | Jan 9, 2013 12:22:37 AM

10. I had a friend the other day ask for a new year's kiss. So I gave him one on the cheek. Then he said, No, on the lips. Then, No, with tongue.

It struck me as kind of showoff-y in a San Francisco way. The next day his girlfriend made me dinner and was laughing about it. (He'd told her.) Kind of odd. I still can't decide if it's a bad idea or harmless. I kiss women all the time, so I really can't judge.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 9, 2013 1:55:15 AM

11. i think there is an element of this being overlooked thus far. the complete lack of discomfort on either of their parts. they seem not to have hammed it up, as often happens in this situation, and their seemed to be no ick factor present. it doesn't seem like the press present even got all giddy and worked up either. that really IS a sea change.

Posted by: bandanajack | Jan 9, 2013 3:32:15 AM

12. Yes. My friend is a construction worker and couldn't care less about kissing me, and his girlfriend doesn't care. One of my straight brothers makes out with my ex-boyfriend. I make out with his wife. Some people just don't care, and some of us just like kissing a lot.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 9, 2013 5:35:47 AM

13. I would never make out with someone unless I was in love with them. Making out for the sake of making out is cheap. It indicates a cheap mindset and a shallow personality.

As for affection between men regardless of sexuality, I'm all for it. Men in Western societies are starved of the right to express affection for each other. A kiss on the cheek and hugging or hand-holding...these are examples of what I mean by affection. They are not necessarily sexual and they indicate comfort and, most importantly, trust in each other.

Such displays are common in countries that we consider primitive. In fact, in this affection regard, I think they are more advanced than the West.

In America and other Western societies, male-male physical affection has been pushed into the gay category for so many years. It's time that men in general took the right to exclusive ownership of such affection away from the gay concept.

Posted by: stephen lucas | Jan 9, 2013 7:27:05 AM

14. Excellent. More evidence of the revolution occurring among men, which will eventually render emotional, social, and even sexual dependence on women obsolete and liberate us all.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 9, 2013 11:23:48 AM

15. meh ... get back to me when they orally copulate.

Posted by: bareback rider | Jan 9, 2013 3:51:55 PM