Chris Kluwe | Ellen DeGeneres | Football (American) | News | Sports

BigGayDeal.com

Vikings Punter Chris Kluwe Talks About His Marriage Equality Advocacy on Ellen: VIDEO

Kluwe_ellen

Vikings punter and marriage equality advocate Chris Kluwe stopped by to see Ellen DeGeneres today to talk about his letter in defense of Brendon Ayanbadejo, and why there aren't any out players in the NFL.

Ellen then put him in the Hall of Fame and took him outside to put his punting skills to the test.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Kluwe

Comments

1. Let's see how long it takes for the Ellen hating trolls to start....

Posted by: DAN | Jan 18, 2013 6:20:06 PM

2. What's with all the giant balls on her set?

Posted by: Alan | Jan 18, 2013 6:23:33 PM

3. He's so wonderful I'm just speechless...and Ellen...well...gosh.

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 18, 2013 6:26:01 PM

4. Thankfully this generation is growing up blind to all the prejudices of their elders. The republicans are done.

Posted by: (the other)jamesintoronto | Jan 18, 2013 6:32:48 PM

5. Thank you, Chris Kluwe; I think you are the big brother I have been waiting for all my life.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 18, 2013 6:55:05 PM

6. Would that every straight man alive could be like this wonderful human, what a world we would live in...

Posted by: johnny | Jan 18, 2013 7:41:19 PM

7. Kluwe is cool beyond words!

Posted by: KJ | Jan 18, 2013 7:57:10 PM

8. KJ - you are right on the money.

He's a great guy. I want a Kluwe shirt so bad.

Posted by: bravo | Jan 18, 2013 8:27:03 PM

9. Is this an old clip? The only reason I ask is that at the very end Ellen mentions Macklemore & Lewis as if they've just been there.

Posted by: Caliban | Jan 18, 2013 9:03:05 PM

10. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have just been there; they returned to perform another song for this episode.

Posted by: Rob | Jan 18, 2013 10:18:48 PM

11. His kick is freakin' amazing! Dang. Oh yeah, and I'm glad he supports us and marriage equality. Back to the kick, did you see the form of his leg and how high he lifts it. That is greatness. Totally deserves to be in the NFL. Somebody say, "DotheKlumeKick". Hey, hey... "DotheKlumeKick"... ::ouch, my leg just broke::

Posted by: T | Jan 19, 2013 1:58:18 AM

12. Kluwe's brother-in-law is gay and with a partner. I don't know if this shaped his thinking, but something tells me he has always been very progressive. And very smart. Cool guy! I would be honored to have him as a brother-n-law.

Posted by: FunMe | Jan 19, 2013 6:12:03 AM

13. I'm moving back to Minnesota!

Posted by: Michael | Jan 19, 2013 8:59:54 AM

14. It's about endorsement money and trying to make as much as possible...

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Jan 19, 2013 9:02:04 AM

15. @ Alan Brickman - But I don't think Kluwe made his statement supporting Ayanbadejo for the purpose of endorsements -- the gay-supporting endorsement market isn't a real big one for major league athletes.

Sure, Kluwe is making the rounds of the talk shows now 'cause he has a book coming out. And good for him! He seems like a good guy.

And BRAVO - I agree. I want one of those jerseys too

Posted by: Buster | Jan 19, 2013 4:43:09 PM

16. Chris Kluwe is as beautiful on the inside as he is on the outside. He is one of the good guys. Thanks to Ellen for honoring straight friends of the LGBT community on her great show.

Posted by: andrew | Jan 19, 2013 5:09:53 PM

17. A great guy and I am impressed with him more and more. Each time he gives an interview he is helping to change more people in our favor.

Posted by: Icebloo | Jan 19, 2013 5:22:20 PM

18. @Johnny: Well, I suspect they wouldn't be straight men then.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Jan 27, 2013 11:19:50 PM

19. But I do love this man; he is my faorite of all the 'straight?' male gay allies that have emerged i the past few years, and I just love his beauty and grace.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Jan 27, 2013 11:25:13 PM